Subaru WRX Forum banner

Does EVO=Ricer?

24K views 136 replies 40 participants last post by  Pavia 
#1 · (Edited)
How to spot rice!

How to spot rice in my experience!

1. I hear this horrible racket coming from behind me.
2. I see a huge park bench sitting on the trunk...lol...
3. It slows down right next to me....wtf....
4. I hear the kid downshift....
5. He takes off thinking I am going to race him.
6. I see a huge fart can coming out the back and all I think is rice......

In my area VW's are the worst only because there are so many of them...it has nothing to do about the car make its self...I am sure VW's are very nice cars...but they roll in packs here in Dillsburg...it seems like the guy driving the Corrado is always the leader too...

Sorry just my rant...

#2 ·
everything you listed could have been said for an sti driver too

i've found the evo owners in my area to be some of the nicest guys. scion drivers here are pretty bad.. but every car group will have their nice drivers & every car group will have their ******* drivers.

#12 ·
she has an extremely valid point, actually my friend boyfriend has a riced out blob eye STi and it saddens me cause he couldnt even understand the concept of a straight pipe, he tried selling me his up pipe but didnt even know what kind it was(and it was stock lmao) he had a front mount mounted on, but there were no pipes to it. and he was all stock minus a b.o.v, exhaust and some springs(which he also tried to sell me but didnt know what kind he had) but after a while of me making fun of him he just took mommies money and went to a shop and just spent what ever on something just so he can say he has something, which one again he doesnt know what it is.

#3 ·
Yeah you're right...I have seen some riced out wrx/sti's...lol...thats funny that you mentioned scion's....I absolutely hate those cars....but here VW's are the worst because for some reason in Dillsburg PA VW's are the cool car to have if you are in highschool....I used to want one......when I was in highschool....

#5 ·
I don't consider Evo's rice...

I guess it depends on where you live.

Around my neck of the woods, I've noticed the VW drivers seem to be the worse in terms of road manners.

#16 ·
I don't consider Evo's rice...
I like Evos -the majority of Evo drivers seem OK to me.

Around my neck of the woods, I've noticed the VW drivers seem to be the worse in terms of road manners.
They are indeed some of the worst around here.

#8 ·
We don't have wings, we have spoilers ;)

A wing is rice, but a spoiler is nice! :rotfl:

#13 ·
Clearly I am a ricer then since I drive an Evolution. I dont understand this just as the STi they come with big spoilers and yes the evo comes with altezzas. Do you think all the evo owners in the world called 1-800-mitsu and said yes put a huge spoiler and altezzas on our cars please. Also by you saying that evo owners are ricers then I am guessing you should tell that to Dave Buschur, AMS and STM. I myself have seen countless subies with aluminum spoilers and yes even a WRX with a full cage that the last time I seen it ran a 14 at the track. So do not start judging these cars and drivers just because a few people you have seen around in your area.

-Justin

#15 ·
That was one man making one observation. I feel him, but there are plenty of subarus in my area that do the same bullsh!t. And Civics.. and plenty of other cars.

Don't get too defensive... The majority of highly modified subaru owners have a large amount of respect for the GSX, and the EVO, and so/so respect for certain audi models.

#31 ·
what he said^^

i started off with a riced out accord, but due to i breaking down all the time its what got me into cars(i figured if i learned how to fix it i can cut the repair costs in half and then some) and now i drive a wrx which is not rice at all, infact i originally wanted to put a bov on my accord so itd sound cool, and now that i actually have a turboed car, i dont want one cause i know its not necessary and in some cases bad for my car.

but i did want a second gen gst/gsx for the longest time, till i heard how much they break down. and i have a crap load of respect for evo's hell i wanted one till i saw the price tag at the time. theyre easy to make a good amount of power with, but i just got a wrx cause of personal preferance, after driving my friends evo IX i realized i didnt like driving it so i have a wrx now :cool:

#18 ·
Hey Rivers, I like EVO's and I didn't say all EVO's....geez..someone always gets butt hurt...my bad...sorry everyone! I am saying in my experience...I have not seen an EVO without it going buy me going MACH 27 sounding like a huge fart...well other than the 5 I saw tonight at my tuners...which were all awesome cars and I liked them!

*The views expressed in this post have nothing to do with the views of everyone on this forum*

#23 ·
I knew a bunch of Evo owners who were previous owners of ricer type civics, and they carry that mentality on to the new ride.
i've had 3 hondas before my wrx. one of which had mad tyte jdm clear taillights (hey i was 15 leave me alone!). my wrx seemed to turn out fine though:rotfl:

#25 ·
Don't get me wrong...I like the looks and power of the New EVO...but....everytime I see an EVO on the streets here is what happens:

1. I hear this horrible racket coming from behind me.
2. I see a huge park bench sitting on the trunk...lol...
3. It slows down right next to me....wtf....
4. I hear the kid downshift....
5. He takes off thinking I am going to race him.
6. I see a huge fart can coming out the back and all I think is rice......

Out of all the cars on the road...EVO's are the worse, I am just glad there are not as many EVO's as VW's...they remind me of back in the day when everyone had a DSM....

Sorry just my rant...
I don't know about the evo's in your area but the ones I have seen are pretty nice. A good friend of mine owns a gsr and I think i like just about everything about the car. How can you sit here and say the evo's have huge spoilers when I'm pretty sure the STi has a bigger one? and fart can? maybe that was just the kid you ran into because that doesn't ring a bell when I think of my buddys. Honestly, to me it sounds like you are one of those wanna be people who talk about ricers when infact you are probably one yourself.

#27 ·
It just goes back to what I said in a thread a few weeks ago...the only people that I see driving EVO's in my part of PA are highschool kids who's parents bought them....

So I think the only people that are ricers in this thread are the ones getting all upset about what I said...that's just my opinion...

So let me changed this around....I hate mini vans that tailgate...mini vans are the worse vehicles on the road...ya know..the ones that are gangsta...I know ya'll know what I'm talking about..

#28 ·
Dont like evo's, but cant question them... ive been to a track day at Kyalami and standing at the pitwall when a tunned one come down the straight is something else... it turns heads... the sound they make and the look of the car gets everyone going wow!

#33 ·
there are different types of rice imo
im not going to lie,
-i have an angled exhaust (even though its painted flat black to be discrete)
-my exhaust is way loud
-i like spoilers
but i dont think my car is rice, ive see WRXs that are wingless, and have a small exhaust, and quite but they seem way more "ricey" then my car, it all depends on how what you have goes with the car, and how well its done.

#34 ·
I guess I was wrong when I said EVO's = Rice...because I bet if I took the same people I saw driving those riced out EVO's and put them in a WRX I would get the exact same results...ha...I feel bad now..I was just upset cause I hate how everyone feels the need to tailgate me and than try to race me...and that day it just happened to be an EVO that I took my aggression out on on the forums...

My first Modding car was a Ford Focus:)rotfl:) I don't really consider it rice though...I put a lot of money into it to make it seem fast...for a N/A car it was too. I also bought the expensive stuff...like Cosworth and Focus Sport and Steeda....but I look back on it now and I am like damn....what a waste....the only think you could consider rice on my WRX is the Turbo XS hybrid BOV..I put that on only because I was worried about the stock BPV being able to hold the 21.2psi of boost...also it sounds no different than the bpv does in my opinion...I may try to find a good recirc valve when I get some more money to waste!

#35 ·
"ricers" isn't that so 90's? Living in SoCal, ricers were all body kit + flashy graphics + exhaust and maybe a nos tank sitting in the back that never got piped. They were a dime a dozen and (not to be racist) almost exlusively an asian phenomina (which I always thought that was where the name came from - again not to be racist, I was 15yo when this was going on). a very high percentage of these cars were civics, crx's, integras and an occasional supra ;P Perhaps the name came from the fact they were all japanese cars and had nothing to do with the drivers....

Anyways - i say that was so 90's because (at least in SoCal) that fad died out real quick when these expensive looking cars started magically wrapping themselves around poles, flying off mountain ridges and expoding and these kids started dying left and right and figured out it wasn't so smart to race them around the streets - not to mention anytime they were taken to a track (if ever) they got pony walked and spent most of the day getting towed back onto the track.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as ricers anymore - there are just people who drive fast cars like douchebags and others who drive the same fast car responsibly - and I've personaly never come accross a douchebag in an Evo or an STI to date. But I'm sure it wil happen sooner or later and I won't be surprised if it's an STI or an Evo....instead I'll just either ignore them or invite them to an autox meet :)

#36 ·
I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as ricers anymore - there are just people who drive fast cars like douchebags and others who drive the same fast car responsibly - and I've personaly never come accross a douchebag in an Evo or an STI to date. But I'm sure it wil happen sooner or later and I won't be surprised if it's an STI or an Evo....instead I'll just either ignore them or invite them to an autox meet :)
You ever been to HIN by chance? The trend is still alive and thriving.

#41 ·
i think thatwhat makes the car rice is more the driver than the car, my car may have a huge loud muffler at an angle, 5% tints, rims with a gold lip and gold calipers, partially smoked tail lights, and stickers almost all the way down the side skirts.
if i jump out of my car with a crooked hat and low pants people wil consider me a d-bag with a ricer.
but when i jump ut with a comb over and shirt tucked in its just some guy in a wrx who likes tuners.

#53 ·
I flew a Cessna once with a smaller wing than that!:rotfl:

-Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.