How fast???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on How fast??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is my first post so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place, (I don't think it is), ...

How fast???

This is my first post so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place, (I don't think it is), but I had a question regarding the bugeye WRXs. I have only driven a small handful of import cars, all without turbos, and stock. This list includes a 1992 civic dx, 1993 civic cx, 1999 Eclipse, and 2002 Lancer OZ Rally. (Again forgive my choices , they were just friends' cars to remind myself what a car is like because I drive a pickup). I know WRXs are fast, and faster than these gas sipping weenies, but how fast? Wickedly fast to where these cars hide and wet themselves at the sight of a bugeye? In another example, would the 2002-2003 rex blow my past driving experiences out of the water? (Assume the bugeye is stock). I am planning on possibly buying one in the next year or so. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock car is quick enough to out drive its headlamps at night and for the earlier models, its brakes as well. It's also quick enough to have me see my insurance rates go up over the years as more and more people drive the cars into large objects.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Oh. So it's a love/hate relationship?

I Support ClubWRX
    The car itself is great. It's some owners that pose problems - to themselves, the car, and other owners etc. A well maintained example would be a good choice for a used, fun, practical car. A poorly maintained or modified example would be at best a money pit. Find one with no modifications and a full service history, and take your time - they made lots and most haven't been wrecked quite yet.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Take away the launch and the early WRX's will get destroyed by several of todays "regular" cars/suv's/trucks.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    a "Stage 2" WRX will blow your mind... stock one? Ehh...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stock WRXs are shamefully slow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Stock WRXs are shamefully slow.

We only say that because we now drive modified ones!!

When I first got my 06, I thought she was faster than snot... But now when I drive anything less.. it's a little disappointing!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by KLRider307 View Post
    This list includes a 1992 civic dx, 1993 civic cx, 1999 Eclipse, and 2002 Lancer OZ Rally.
    you would easily beat these cars stock for stock. But don't count on smoking any car with 200hp or more.
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 06-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks for the info guys. And what exactly is a stage 2? I've heard of it many times but have never figured it out.

Thanks for the info guys. And what exactly is a stage 2? I've heard of it many times but have never figured it out.
    uppipe/downpipe/catback/engine management

Yes, stock WRXs are slow and their trannies are

the bugeyes are also not the prettiest looking cars out there

the seats are comfy though, and the car is fun to drive.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

get an 09 and youll smile everytime you blow past your friends

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    get an 09 and youll smile everytime you blow past your friends
    I wish but I'm buying a Subaru with cash and I want one within a year so my particular plans wouldn't allow
    So It'll prob have to be 2003 or older. But i guess it's not bad. I figure 03 or older cuz i found kbb to normally be between $8000 and $11500, depending on cond., mileage etc. I know it's different, but how are the 2.5 RS of 02-03 compared to other N/A cars? Would they be worth souping up or at least good for fun driving?

I Support ClubWRX
    I know it's different, but how are the 2.5 RS of 02-03 compared to other N/A cars?
    Expensive and inefficient with poor use of interior space in the 4dr.

Would they be worth souping up
    No.

or at least good for fun driving?
    Not as fun as the turbos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast