Got smoked - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Got smoked within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You're 100% correct about how that engine drives at part throttle. It's actually hard to floor the thing -- you're ...

You're 100% correct about how that engine drives at part throttle. It's actually hard to floor the thing -- you're going so fast by the time your foot is half way down you instinctively let off to avoid arrest. Accelerating to 60 at under half throttle would still beat 90% of the cars out there.

You could just stand on it and let traction control do its job but it'd be an interesting ride (a bit smoky) from a stop or roll below 40. After a tune people can have traction issues from even a 60-70 punch.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i felt really bad at first because of that damn look on his face, in words it would be "thats not a knife, now THATS a knife" crocodile dundee. but then i thought about it and came to the conclusion that people are gonna have bigger knives than you
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Compared to the original SLR the McLaren SLR is simply not attractive and honestly it just does not say "own me" at all. The lines are confused, the gills look awkward, and the doors are off too. "Meh" covers it well for me too.

300SLR? Any time, any day. Pure class.

It's cheaper to buy a DVD than to go to the cinema, and at home I don't have to put up with the inconveniences of a cinema, so I do that exclusively at this stage. I just don't go out to watch movies (outdoor, summertime open-air cinemas with tables and drinks are an exception, especially if they're showing classics). I also don't go out to rent movies. With all the mail and streaming and sneakerware options, I've not needed to in years.
    I have a customer with a 300 SLR. He loves that car, he drives it a few times a week.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar
    Tell him to meet up with you when there's 6 1/2 inches of fresh snow on the road...then we'll see who owns who Maybe it's just me...good old New Hampshire.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GageP View Post
    I have a customer with a 300 SLR. He loves that car, he drives it a few times a week.
    It is IMO one of the most beautiful cars ever made, despite being purposeful. The modern version? Meh...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It is IMO one of the most beautiful cars ever made, despite being purposeful. The modern version? Meh...
    Indeed.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12