Florida folks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Florida folks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i couldn't resist a little freeway fun tonight on the way home and it all started with a white 350z ...

Florida folks

i couldn't resist a little freeway fun tonight on the way home and it all started with a white 350z with FL plates that read GDZLLA. anyone from fla know this guy? his car is nice, white with some really nice black rims, carbon fiber hood and some other little exterior bits. anyway, we did a roll from about 70 along with a tsi talon that got left and we ran all the way up past 140, which is way too fast i know but it wasn't crowded on the freeway and it was over fairly quickly. his car had to be modded to go that fast because they have a speed limiter right? we were pretty much side by side the whole time. i figured if it was stock i would have beat him fairly easily since i have the stage 2. he was cool and we both gave thumbs ups after the race. anyone know the guy or his car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chattownsubie View Post
    i couldn't resist a little freeway fun tonight on the way home and it all started with a white 350z with FL plates that read GDZLLA. anyone from fla know this guy? his car is nice, white with some really nice black rims, carbon fiber hood and some other little exterior bits. anyway, we did a roll from about 70 along with a tsi talon that got left and we ran all the way up past 140, which is way too fast i know but it wasn't crowded on the freeway and it was over fairly quickly. his car had to be modded to go that fast because they have a speed limiter right? we were pretty much side by side the whole time. i figured if it was stock i would have beat him fairly easily since i have the stage 2. he was cool and we both gave thumbs ups after the race. anyone know the guy or his car?
    street racing......

Actually no, the new 350z (HR motors) can hang with stock STi's. They have a 3.5L engine and can do over 150mph.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

i know, i know. i usually don't but i haven't had the rex too long and have only had one other freeway run and i am trying to see how she does compared to my old cobra. anyway, that z was pretty quick. it wasn't the new new one with the different rear valance. i am hoping someone knows him and what he has done to see what i raced. i hate not knowing what is done to the other car. i mean, it could have been bone stock engine wise and i just suck at driving the rex. i hope not but who knows?

I swear there must be people who troll this section just waiting to be the first to roll their eyes at a street encounter. I guess they need a "Submit Holier-than-thou Reply" button so they don't even have to type their response.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

i understand some people's dislike in street racing. i nearly died in 99 when i had a wreck racing on the street. some people have lost loved ones and have suffered a great deal from it. that being said, the freeway was pretty clear, we only passed 1 car and only raced maybe a mile. street racing is fairly common where i live for it to be such a small town. our drag strip might as well be gravel and is only an 1/8 mile so people take to the streets quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I swear there must be people who troll this section just waiting to be the first to roll their eyes at a street encounter. I guess they need a "Submit Holier-than-thou Reply" button so they don't even have to type their response.
    The day you get arrested for street racing you will never say a comment like that again.

Been there, done that.

2 misdemeanors
    3 tickets
    5 points on my license
    Impounded car
    1 month suspended license
    2 court dates
    $240 to take my car out of the impound lot
    $390 in court fees
    $1500 for a lawyer

Last edited by wrx0131; 06-01-2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    The day you get arrested for street racing you will never say a comment like that again.

Been there, done that.

2 misdemeanors
    3 tickets
    5 points on my license
    Impounded car
    1 month suspended license
    2 court dates
    $390 in court fees
    $1500 for a lawyer

you're a quick learner

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    you're a quick learner
    yup
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

z was most likely stock with a bad driver or an auto trans. they should easily start leaving you behind after a 100. rwd with better aero and a na car.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm convinced that it's impossible to make a 350Z fast. I stayed with an old friend's 414whp Z with a stage 2 WRX.....from a roll.

Empty highway pulls at night... usually nothing bad comes out of it, but that being said,
    I scared ****less to hit a deer going 140, I have seen that happen and it is not a good sight. And deer are VERY common around these parts.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I'm convinced that it's impossible to make a 350Z fast. I stayed with an old friend's 414whp Z with a stage 2 WRX.....from a roll.
    I pulled on my friend's g35 and he had a plenum spacer and a 350z intake.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post

i don't see how thats possible. but anyway. yea the vq35 doesn't respond well to any mods. na or other. around 400whp you'll need a built motor. i have friend with a full bolt on tuned 04 350z. runs 13.7@104. he put a 100shot of NAWS! on it and ran a 12.9@114. street tires for both runs. the new vq37 seems to do better right out of the box but is still limited in the same ways as the 35. you'll see mid low 13s out of stock or lightly modded 370z/g37s
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i don't see how thats possible. but anyway. yea the vq35 doesn't respond well to any mods. na or other. around 400whp you'll need a built motor. i have friend with a full bolt on tuned 04 350z. runs 13.7@104. he put a 100shot of NAWS! on it and ran a 12.9@114. street tires for both runs. the new vq37 seems to do better right out of the box but is still limited in the same ways as the 35. you'll see mid low 13s out of stock or lightly modded 370z/g37s
    g37 runs a 13.8 with a professional driver
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    g37 runs a 13.8 with a professional driver
    maybe that day at that track and elevation for sure. i raced next to temp tagged g37 that went 13.6. he had it 3 days.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast