Florida folks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Florida folks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 maybe that day at that track and elevation for sure. i raced next to temp tagged ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    maybe that day at that track and elevation for sure. i raced next to temp tagged g37 that went 13.6. he had it 3 days.
    Oh ok not bad then. They pull pretty hard on the highway though.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    Oh ok not bad then. They pull pretty hard on the highway though.
    true. i raced him in my g35x. i was out front by 3cars till the 1000foot mark then he rolled by me. think he went. 13.6@106 to my 14.8@96
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i don't see how thats possible. but anyway. yea the vq35 doesn't respond well to any mods. na or other. around 400whp you'll need a built motor. i have friend with a full bolt on tuned 04 350z. runs 13.7@104. he put a 100shot of NAWS! on it and ran a 12.9@114. street tires for both runs. the new vq37 seems to do better right out of the box but is still limited in the same ways as the 35. you'll see mid low 13s out of stock or lightly modded 370z/g37s
    you gotta distinguish b/w the DE and HR motors. The HR is the same thing as the VQ37VHR. However, the VHR is slightly better. The old generation VQ's are junk. They are the ones that do not respond to anything and you gotta build the block at 400whp. On the other hand, the HR motor gets to 310-320 whp N/A and goes well beyond 500whp with turbos. They are currently 10+ HR's running around at 560-580whp.

The day you get arrested for street racing you will never say a comment like that again.
    See the car in my sig that says "sold"? Want to guess why? I made the same trip 15 years prior to that incident too.

I don't condone people who race on the street but I don't bash them for it either.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

XTC
    The day you get arrested for street racing you will never say a comment like that again.

Been there, done that.

2 misdemeanors
    3 tickets
    5 points on my license
    Impounded car
    1 month suspended license
    2 court dates
    $240 to take my car out of the impound lot
    $390 in court fees
    $1500 for a lawyer

dude I got my license suspended for 3 months...I get it back in sept..I got my new WRX impounded, cop cars are very uncomfortable from my 08 WRX.

This was just for chasing a guy with a weapon...I was the driver my friend had a weapon which retartadly waiving out of the car...

I got into a cop chase, and now I cant drive at all...I have certainly learned my lesson....

I have also seen my friend total his car while street racing me...

Nice job, and nice car....and Stay safe...

Quote Originally Posted by XTC View Post
    dude I got my license suspended for 3 months...I get it back in sept..I got my new WRX impounded, cop cars are very uncomfortable from my 08 WRX.

This was just for chasing a guy with a weapon...I was the driver my friend had a weapon which retartadly waiving out of the car...

I got into a cop chase, and now I cant drive at all...I have certainly learned my lesson....

I have also seen my friend total his car while street racing me...

Nice job, and nice car....and Stay safe...
    ouch that sucks

at least you didnt get any jail time
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

so i saw the 350 again the other day. he's not from florida. he's from a county that borders TN in GA so he lives close to me. anyway, it was in a parking lot so i checked it out. the thing looked great. it had a fairlady emblem on it and i don't know what that means really, more than likely nothing but it definitely had some upgrades. i don't really care for 350's that much but this one kinda gave me a chub...

XTC
    Quote Originally Posted by chattownsubie View Post
    so i saw the 350 again the other day. he's not from florida. he's from a county that borders TN in GA so he lives close to me. anyway, it was in a parking lot so i checked it out. the thing looked great. it had a fairlady emblem on it and i don't know what that means really, more than likely nothing but it definitely had some upgrades. i don't really care for 350's that much but this one kinda gave me a chub...
    I got weekend jail time, which was pretty ****ty...

but ya dude 350's are nice cars, we have couple fast ones around here, but they arent that rare here, I see like 5 everyday...

I was thinking of getting one, but the mods are expensive'er then the WRX, and its a 2 seater...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12