Anyone went up against a Honda Integra Type R? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone went up against a Honda Integra Type R? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by josnroh I owned a 2000 Acura Integra Type R,black,#1069.The car was not modified.I ran high 14's at ...

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I owned a 2000 Acura Integra Type R,black,#1069.The car was not modified.I ran high 14's at the strip,always launching with a lot of wheel hop.My 2003 WRX wagon was a half second quicker in stock trim.From maybe a 20mph roll though,I think the two cars would have been neck and neck.
    wheel hop is probably from the torn mounts ... stock mounts are garbage

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my buddy adam has a LS integra with a full 97/98 JDM integra swap (200hp+int/exh), he said he knows my FWD buick regal GS could put some room on him, i've had it at 14.2@99.6mph on crap tires (way worn). only thing is I gotta keep it from knocking with my 3.4 pulley on.

i like his car though 9100 rpm redline, sticky 245 wide tires, buddy club susp. it was like a full size go kart, even going over bumps.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    A stock or near stock RSX-S is a good match against a stage 2 WRX from a roll.

I ran high 14's at the strip,always launching with a lot of wheel hop.
    OMG, I hated the wheel hop in my 04 RSX-S. Absolute, pure hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I will disagree with you since I had the pleasure of owning (now owning) both. The RSX-S was light and quick to accel, but NOT nearly as much pull as my WRX-Stg2.
    Last edited by 2:43AM; 06-04-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Damn, I screwed up...

a stock rsx-s is not gonna be a match for a stage 2 wrx sorry, a stock wrx and a stock rsx-s is a good match, if the rsx driver knows how to drive. however though a rsx with I/h/e Kpro tune would be a good match

what power is your MS3?? I know a friend of mine has a pretty highly modded integra type r (97? I believe) and he cant keep up with my 09 Cobb stage 1 rex thats for sure.

I would like to take his car around a track though its literally on rails, my WRX would be on its side before his car pitch a few degrees lol
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    OMG, I hated the wheel hop in my 04 RSX-S. Absolute, pure hatred.
    Yeah,I would let out the clutch,the right front wheel would hop like crazy,the glovebox door would fly open,then slam shut when I shifted to second.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yeah,I would let out the clutch,the right front wheel would hop like crazy,the glovebox door would fly open,then slam shut when I shifted to second.
    Haha! I thought I could cure it with that Ingalls damper, but it only worked...slightly. Although I never opened my glove box with the hop, I did always think my right wheel was going rip right off the car! Inexcusably bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It all depends on which one hes talking about. DC2 or DC5. The dc2 is the body style of the 94-01 integras you see driving around, i believe rated a 200 hp. 9 k redline 1.8 liter b18c5 engine. The car is meant more for track than straight line. They should give a stock 02-05 wrx a good run from a roll. A ms3 should take it.

Or if your talking about the DC5, which looks like the US RSX, which have about 220 hp and weighing only about 2500 lbs, with basic boltons it will easily run a mid 13 trapping >102, which would mean beating a MS3.

But if you do a cobb ap and get your mazda tuned with basic boltons, you should be ahead of the crowd

P.S Im only talking about the "Type R" models
    The DC2 type r (without looking) I wanna say was 180ish hp but also weighed 2600? I don't really think it's that fun to hook up honda's but there was something special about a type-r from the handling, decent power low weight, and just the overall feel of driving it was great. Back in the day just before the fast and furious came out it was fun driving around my friends type-r with a jdm front on it. All the hunnies loved it. But like how it ends all the time it was stolen.

Sorry I was off. 195 and closer to 2500 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    You couldn't be farther from the truth. A stock wrx 2.0l with equal drivers should slowly pull a stock type-s. A 2.5l will walk it a little harder. My bolt on na 2.5 set up beat my friends type-s with an intake and exhaust from 20-100 all the time. Once 100 came though he was getting ready to fly by me. lol

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar
    The Type-R has Hondas Vtec engine, boosts power on the upper band with it's variable timing. Other than that all the Type-R came with was stiffer suspension, larger wheel's and the big rear spoiler. BHP was around 180-190ish. Acura Integra Type-R's are hard to come by these days...never seen a Honda Interga Type-R in the states. I know Mugen had a white one out in Cali though.
    I used to have a Acura Integra LS when I was a kid, fairly fun drive for a first car...slow as death compared to my WRX though.

Quote Originally Posted by AllShallPerishJ View Post
    BHP was around 180-190ish...
    Sounds about right. I also edited my post above. I meant to say my old RSX-S pulls NOT as much as my WRX Stg.2.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    Sounds about right. I also edited my post above. I meant to say my old RSX-S pulls NOT as much as my WRX Stg.2.

I'm just going off experience. I barely pulled more on 2 RSX-Ss than STIs at stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It all depends on which one hes talking about. DC2 or DC5. The dc2 is the body style of the 94-01 integras you see driving around, i believe rated a 200 hp. 9 k redline 1.8 liter b18c5 engine. The car is meant more for track than straight line. They should give a stock 02-05 wrx a good run from a roll. A ms3 should take it.

Or if your talking about the DC5, which looks like the US RSX, which have about 220 hp and weighing only about 2500 lbs, with basic boltons it will easily run a mid 13 trapping >102, which would mean beating a MS3.

But if you do a cobb ap and get your mazda tuned with basic boltons, you should be ahead of the crowd

P.S Im only talking about the "Type R" models
    ^^ What he said. My brother had a JDM (RHD) Honda Integra Type R and they're pretty fast with just a few mods due to being so light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12