'05 STi vs '05/'06 Lacrosse CX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05/'06 Lacrosse CX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home after work with my father yesterday ... I'm sitting at a stop light where the speed ...

I Support ClubWRX

'05 STi vs '05/'06 Lacrosse CX

I was driving home after work with my father yesterday ...

I'm sitting at a stop light where the speed limit changes from 40 to 45. It's a 4-lane road, and I'm in the left lane (I was driving faster than the cars in the right lane). There's a Buick Lacrosse sitting behind me. There's a cop in the opposite direction (I have 4 < 5mph over the limit, one "loud exhaust" for OEM equipment, and one failure to observe a stop sign in which I rolled backwards pullovers from these municipal cops) so when the light turns green, and I take off normal (shift at 3.5K, not flogging it).

I get to the point where it's safe to merge back into the right lane, and the Lacrosse cuts off the vehicles in the right lane and floors it to do a flyby. The two high school age kids in the back turn around to point and laugh since they just smoked me.

Just doing 3-4mph over the limit, I end up catching up within 30 seconds (they got caught behind a slow car) once I made the turn I needed to. I get to the light at my mom's work (my parents needed to run an errand together), and I'm the third car in line. There's a Jeep, the Buick, and me. The Jeep takes off at a slow but reasonable pace, and the Buick does a burnout (just to slam on it's brakes 2 seconds later before nearly rear-ending the Jeep).

Let me tell you, between the flyby and that burnout, those kids gave me a piece of humble pie - I'll never mess with a Buick Lacrosse on the road

This is a somewhat common occurrence here. For having what should be a fast car, I can't seem to win a race to save my life
    Last edited by EJ257; 05-19-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You just described my everyday commute. There are so many bonestock-yet-extremely fast SUVs and minivans around here in MD/DC. They prove it to me everyday with their fly-bys and the way in which they majestically weave/swerve in and out of traffic. I'm getting rid of my 500 rwhp mustang and trading it in for a stock Toyota Sienna -like the one that cut me off this morning.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    You just described my everyday commute. There are so many bonestock-yet-extremely fast SUVs and minivans around here in MD/DC. They prove it to me everyday with their fly-bys and the way in which they majestically weave/swerve in and out of traffic. I'm getting rid of my 500 rwhp mustang and trading it in for a stock Toyota Sienna -like the one that cut me off this morning.
    Ugh, and dont forget the srt8 jeeps that wont race,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slowgrey08
    Ugh, and dont forget the srt8 jeeps that wont race,
    There's a Jeep SRT-8 here running high-11s/low-12s in the quarter-mile
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sure there are fast ones, but the OP is referrring to those all-to-many cases of soccer mom SUVs driven by people who actually think they are driving something fast.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.