'05 STi vs '05/'06 Lacrosse CX

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05/'06 Lacrosse CX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home after work with my father yesterday ... I'm sitting at a stop light where the speed ...

I Support ClubWRX

'05 STi vs '05/'06 Lacrosse CX

I was driving home after work with my father yesterday ...

I'm sitting at a stop light where the speed limit changes from 40 to 45. It's a 4-lane road, and I'm in the left lane (I was driving faster than the cars in the right lane). There's a Buick Lacrosse sitting behind me. There's a cop in the opposite direction (I have 4 < 5mph over the limit, one "loud exhaust" for OEM equipment, and one failure to observe a stop sign in which I rolled backwards pullovers from these municipal cops) so when the light turns green, and I take off normal (shift at 3.5K, not flogging it).

I get to the point where it's safe to merge back into the right lane, and the Lacrosse cuts off the vehicles in the right lane and floors it to do a flyby. The two high school age kids in the back turn around to point and laugh since they just smoked me.

Just doing 3-4mph over the limit, I end up catching up within 30 seconds (they got caught behind a slow car) once I made the turn I needed to. I get to the light at my mom's work (my parents needed to run an errand together), and I'm the third car in line. There's a Jeep, the Buick, and me. The Jeep takes off at a slow but reasonable pace, and the Buick does a burnout (just to slam on it's brakes 2 seconds later before nearly rear-ending the Jeep).

Let me tell you, between the flyby and that burnout, those kids gave me a piece of humble pie - I'll never mess with a Buick Lacrosse on the road

This is a somewhat common occurrence here. For having what should be a fast car, I can't seem to win a race to save my life
    Last edited by EJ257; 05-19-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You just described my everyday commute. There are so many bonestock-yet-extremely fast SUVs and minivans around here in MD/DC. They prove it to me everyday with their fly-bys and the way in which they majestically weave/swerve in and out of traffic. I'm getting rid of my 500 rwhp mustang and trading it in for a stock Toyota Sienna -like the one that cut me off this morning.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    You just described my everyday commute. There are so many bonestock-yet-extremely fast SUVs and minivans around here in MD/DC. They prove it to me everyday with their fly-bys and the way in which they majestically weave/swerve in and out of traffic. I'm getting rid of my 500 rwhp mustang and trading it in for a stock Toyota Sienna -like the one that cut me off this morning.
    Ugh, and dont forget the srt8 jeeps that wont race,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slowgrey08
    Ugh, and dont forget the srt8 jeeps that wont race,
    There's a Jeep SRT-8 here running high-11s/low-12s in the quarter-mile
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sure there are fast ones, but the OP is referrring to those all-to-many cases of soccer mom SUVs driven by people who actually think they are driving something fast.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)