Infiniti G37s... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Infiniti G37s... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 drove a new g37 a few days ago. while mine was in for service. hated the ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    drove a new g37 a few days ago. while mine was in for service. hated the 7spd auto. anyway its squishy and soft much more so than my g35. those yuppies are used to there no where near track oriented 3 series (m excluded). and yes you can get a track package. but car is still a gt car. leather, nav, moonroof, back seats. heated cooled seat. etc. the z is much lighter for that reason and much more track ready. but to say its not a good car because of that is a poor judgment.
    I didnt say it wasnt a good car. I said the Z was a better car than it. There is no question about that.

When comparing two cars, you always have to bring the price into it.

It all comes down to what you like more. Personally I'm into performance cars. So if I had 40k to buy a brand new car, I'd get the STi, just because it has more to offer than the g37. Looks is just a matter of opinion. Numbers don't lie.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and id get a g37x coupe. awd 330hp smg paddle shift 7spd. and dead sexy looks.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 05-19-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    I didnt say it wasnt a good car. I said the Z was a better car than it. There is no question about that.

When comparing two cars, you always have to bring the price into it.
    Maybe things have changed since I bought my G35c. I actually spent less than many Z buyers did, and got a MUCH nicer interior, plus the ability to load up the rugrats in the back. I also felt that the G had much better lines...though actually I prefer the looks of my former 35 to the 37's. Resale was outstanding..at the time the G35 had the highest resale (as a percent of purchase price) of any 2 door car available.

Yes, of course, the Z was even then a slightly better performing car, but it wasn't night-and-day or anything.

I guess my point is, "better" is a highly subjective term.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Show me a 350 or 370Z X (AWD) and I might buy into the arguement.

The G's are really not that much more cost wise, offer a much higher ammenity list, and have a 4 door/AWD package.

I for one love the looks of the G37 sedan and coupe...I'd of course probably end up with a sedan.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I think G's are pretty cars but if i'm doin performance i'd put my money on the WRX/STI, if I wanted pimped with a bit of speed to get to my classy dinner then I'd opt for the G.

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    I think G's are pretty cars but if i'm doin performance i'd put my money on the WRX/STI, if I wanted pimped with a bit of speed to get to my classy dinner then I'd opt for the G.
    Or if you could swing extra $, get the 335i for the classy dinner

Test drove G37S Stick and wasn't impressed at all. Perhaps due to the 200lbs salesman sat next to me. Once you drive the 335i, you won't look back to G.

There is still something about the Subie tho. I'm driving 335i now and still want the WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by yass View Post
    Or if you could swing extra $, get the 335i for the classy dinner

Test drove G37S Stick and wasn't impressed at all. Perhaps due to the 200lbs salesman sat next to me. Once you drive the 335i, you won't look back to G.

There is still something about the Subie tho. I'm driving 335i now and still want the WRX.
    335 the bi turbo? if so that things awesome.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Never go WOT in a high gear. Always downshift to the lowest available.

Higher gears put more stress on the engine (particularly bearings) and your clutch so you did yourself no favor there.
    I lol'd when I read this. Where did you find this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    I lol'd when I read this. Where did you find this information?
    I heard it is bad to WOT in high gears, as well.

If i WOT in my car in 5th gear from like 2 RPMs, and let it reach full boost, my car will throw a wastegate range/performance CEL.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I for one love the looks of the G37 sedan and coupe...I'd of course probably end up with a sedan.
    I'm quite fond of their unique sound.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 335's are a good bit more expensive...in fact any new BMW is a good bit more expensive class for class then the Infiniti's counter part.

Even when you factor in the maintance program BMW offers....it's still expensive.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    I heard it is bad to WOT in high gears, as well.

If i WOT in my car in 5th gear from like 2 RPMs, and let it reach full boost, my car will throw a wastegate range/performance CEL.
    What rpm do you reach peak boost? I have never heard of any such issue. I mean really there is no reason I can think of why it would be harmful for the engine bearings to be exposed to a 5th gear WOT. Not to mention it actually is more likely by revving the piss outta the motor to cause more wear and tear.

I like the way the g37s look too but I think for 40k I'd spend 30 and buy a used S4 and drop the other 10 into upgrading it!

Turbo + Performance + AWD + Luxury = me
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    What rpm do you reach peak boost? I have never heard of any such issue. I mean really there is no reason I can think of why it would be harmful for the engine bearings to be exposed to a 5th gear WOT. Not to mention it actually is more likely by revving the piss outta the motor to cause more wear and tear.
    It may be the tune. I never WOT in 5th because of that. O well.

I reach max boost at like 4000-4200 RPMs or so.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    The 335's are a good bit more expensive...in fact any new BMW is a good bit more expensive class for class then the Infiniti's counter part.

Even when you factor in the maintance program BMW offers....it's still expensive.
    As I mentioned in the OP "if you have $ to swing...". G37 is not the same class with 335i. 328 is. If you go to G37 board, you will find posts that would agree on this.

And yes, 335i is about 8-10k more than G37S. That's what I was quoted 8 months ago. A loaded G37S 4-door was 39k drive-out whereas mine was 47k drive-out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast