Audi A4 1.8 "300hp man!" - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audi A4 1.8 "300hp man!" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yellowssm's HPF stg 2 dyno day along with some stg 3 Audi B5 S4's - M3 Forum 2010 2009 BMW ...

Wrinklechops
    yellowssm's HPF stg 2 dyno day along with some stg 3 Audi B5 S4's - M3 Forum 2010 2009 BMW M3 2008 BMW M3 BMW E90 M3 E92

Check that too

The silver stage 3 B5 S4 put down around 380 awhp / 430 awtq with 91 octane a few gallons of 100 octane.

The Blue stage 3 B5 S4 made 400 awhp / 430 awtq on 100 octane.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    my friend (Sinister)
    Stop spreading mis-information.. who the hell said we're friends??

btw... Apparently the CF (correction factor) on Harv's dyno is pretty rough! I'm definitely going to MAC for an over inflated dyno result! Let's try and do that this week. What day are you free?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Stop spreading mis-information.. who the hell said we're friends??

btw... Apparently the CF (correction factor) on Harv's dyno is pretty rough! I'm definitely going to MAC for an over inflated dyno result! Let's try and do that this week. What day are you free?

Any day. You know me...

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I'm sure somebody will point out a fast A4 but in all honesty, if it isn't an S4 from the twin-turbo V6 era I don't think it's got a whole lot of potential.

Most with 1.8s are looking at like high 12s with everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them. You can't really fault it -- that's damn fast for a largeish car with only 1.8 liters no matter what hairdryer is on it.
    Okay, you guys got my attention. A nice hello from Audizine.

First off, there are numerous 1.8t's in the 10 second ET range, not to mention a lot more in the 11s.

The B5 chassis 1.8t 1996-2001 is actually smaller than a bugeye WRX, also it weighs in at a lovely 3200lbs.

Yes, stock turbo doesn't have a lot of potential, especially the 1996-2000 1.8t's, No more than 250 crank is possible on the stock K03. (My 98 1.8t ran a 14.6 @ 90mph on a stock K03)

2001 on the other hand, which came with a slightly larger K03S is capable of 200whp. (My current 01 ran 14.9 @ 92mph on a k03s, I had no clutch hence I could not launch the car, it was definitely a low mid to low 14s car.)

And... Before you guys run your mouth..

My current setup is running a HTA 3076r, with a meth kit sitting in the trunk. Full built bottom end and head. More than capable of a 11 second ET.(Though not yet tested)
    Last edited by Militant-Grunt; 06-07-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Yea, my friend has a 2000 Audi S4, the 2.7 twin turbo model. That thing has serious potential. His few mods have pushed him over 400tq (not sure of the wtq exactly, but that's crank tq). The ones with the V8s are big heavy saloon cars. The RS4 is a different animal, but we're not even going there. We're discussing a 1.8T with a stock turbo, a mid pipe and a cat-back, an intake, lightened flywheel and a larger FMIC. Oh, and a GIAC chip. For something that has 150hp stock, I'm really not buying his 300hp story.

I invited him to the track next week. He's never run 1/4 in his life nor has he any idea what sort of state of tune his car is in whatsoever.
    Stage 3 S4's with RS4 K04 turbos are capable of about 400whp. They trap in the 120mph and mid 11 ET's.

Is the person that you talked to possibly have an 02+ B6 chassis? With that motor and turbo setup its possible with larger injectors to get around 220whp out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    First of all check his mod list again, 20hp with intake on a 1.8L not to mention 40-50Hp on a generic chip... I CALL BULL****

WASTE OF FUEL. But if you do feel its necessary to race, start in second gear from a dig.
    Not a generic chip, plenty of tuners, all of them provide around 50 Crank Horsepower, got to understand that stock boost setting is a measly 7psi for 96-2000 and 9psi for 01+

How do you get more tq (80?) over hp (50) with just a chip on a 1.8 engine??? That's the primary reason the 2.5 engine WRXs and STis make more torque than us 2.0 engine guys. I could probably make similar hp numbers as a 2006 WRX with my 2005 WRX, but I'll never have the torque that he does.

I don't doubt there are some fast A4s, for sure. As far as being a sports car performance minded car from the factory, the A4 is obviously no match for it's bigger brother, the S4. My friend's GIAC chipped B5 S4 supposedly is pushing over 400tq easy. 2.7 twin turbo V6... It's heavier, yes, but I am not kidding that thing could probably take many STis and WRXs even highly tuned ones...

What year A4 do you have? And what's a re-mapped 265? lol jk do you mean a WRX with a Stage 1 map from Cobb, otherwise stock? Just curious because your mods are similar to this A4 guy I'm workin on....
    The stock turbo puts out significantly more torque than HP unfortunately.

GIAC - Software Programs

''GIAC performance software for the 1999 - 1996 B5 A4 1.8T smoothly delivers a 40-50 hp and 50-80 ft-lbs gain.''

Depending on boost, with a MBC cranked up to 21psi and a few bolt ons it quickly becomes a lot more.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt View Post
    Stage 3 S4's with RS4 K04 turbos are capable of about 400whp. They trap in the 120mph and mid 11 ET's.

Is the person that you talked to possibly have an 02+ B6 chassis? With that motor and turbo setup its possible with larger injectors to get around 220whp out of the car.

No, my friend has a model year 2000 S4, B5 style. Stock turbos, GIAC tune, Stassis tranny with light racing flywheel and clutch, etc etc...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt View Post
    The stock turbo puts out significantly more torque than HP unfortunately.

GIAC - Software Programs

''GIAC performance software for the 1999 - 1996 B5 A4 1.8T smoothly delivers a 40-50 hp and 50-80 ft-lbs gain.''

Depending on boost, with a MBC cranked up to 21psi and a few bolt ons it quickly becomes a lot more.
    Maybe but for a guy who has never put his car on a dyno or run a 1/4 in his life, he has no idea of his car's 100,000 mile state of tune. Who knows, he may never change the oil

Maybe but for a guy who has never put his car on a dyno or run a 1/4 in his life, he has no idea of his car's 100,000 mile state of tune. Who knows, he may never change the oil
    Believe me, you'd hear the lifters knocking away from a 1/4 mile away if he didn't change his oil. Sludge issues come up very quickly in these cars =/. My 98 A4 had 147k miles when it ran a 14.6

No, my friend has a model year 2000 S4, B5 style. Stock turbos, GIAC tune, Stassis tranny with light racing flywheel and clutch, etc etc...
    I was referring to the A4 guy that was talking big.

I Support ClubWRX
    you build the engine and put a massive turbo on any 3200lb awd car and you can get 11 second 1/4 miles...

For minor basic mods, tit for tat, the A4 isn't much of a beast. I think that was more of what they were trying to discuss.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I can't imagine the streetability prospects for a GT3076R being fed by a 1.8 liter. I don't know any car that wouldn't be fast after you fully build the engine and install a huge turbo. After all, even some Hondas manage it! After having a half-dozen turbo DSMs, I decided I liked displacement along with my turbos. I wouldn't have bought a Subaru if they offered only the 2.0.

I approached my car is a pretty Audi-esque manner. I picked the Legacy so I could have more "car" to go with the drivetrain and at 3400lbs it's no heavyweight either. I now have the luxury of a stout 2.5 liter that'll go perfectly with the FPGreen I'm installing now. I won't win any dyno awards but the power under the curve will be very nice for a fully bolt-on setup.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I can't imagine the streetability prospects for a GT3076R being fed by a 1.8 liter. I don't know any car that wouldn't be fast after you fully build the engine and install a huge turbo. After all, even some Hondas manage it! After having a half-dozen turbo DSMs, I decided I liked displacement along with my turbos. I wouldn't have bought a Subaru if they offered only the 2.0.

I approached my car is a pretty Audi-esque manner. I picked the Legacy so I could have more "car" to go with the drivetrain and at 3400lbs it's no heavyweight either. I now have the luxury of a stout 2.5 liter that'll go perfectly with the FPGreen I'm installing now. I won't win any dyno awards but the power under the curve will be very nice for a fully bolt-on setup.
    +1. What I wouldn't give for a Legacy GT Spec.B for example.

Or anything with a 2.5 engine. I feel I will reach the limits of my 2.0 engine much sooner

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    the garrett chip (giac) on the 1.8 gives 40hp/60tq. its not "BULL****"
    I agree...

The IC though doesn't make sense for adding 20hp.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)