Audi A4 1.8 "300hp man!" - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audi A4 1.8 "300hp man!" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jeremy96gase MSN's setup is good, but they don't always have list everything correctly. MSN also does not ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    MSN's setup is good, but they don't always have list everything correctly. MSN also does not list an automatic transmission option.
    KBB displays the automatic and Quattro options for the 2000 A4
    Kelley Blue Book - Select Equipment - Audi, A4 - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

Fair enough, my bad, I didn't do enough research.

So in fact, with the AWD, he's got even more drivetrain loss from his claimed 300hp to the wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    seems like a lot of people don't know the difference between bhp, chp, and whp.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I have a buddy who just picked up an 04' gli. He talks about how sweet it is all the time and how he wants to mod it. He tried telling me with an intake, turboback, and a chip those cars run 12's. hahaha I just had to prove him wrong.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I have a buddy who just picked up an 04' gli. He talks about how sweet it is all the time and how he wants to mod it. He tried telling me with an intake, turboback, and a chip those cars run 12's. hahaha I just had to prove him wrong.
    The GLI with a 1.8T like the A4 or a different GLI? Either way, did you beat him pretty badly? I'm guessing he was stock because you said he "wants to mod it"? I mean, does he have all those mods you listed?

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    The GLI with a 1.8T like the A4 or a different GLI? Either way, did you beat him pretty badly? I'm guessing he was stock because you said he "wants to mod it"? I mean, does he have all those mods you listed?
    It's a 1.8t gli. I haven't raced him. There is no reason to. He actually got barely beat from a roll by my friends stock 99 v6 maxima. Kinda sucks for him. But looking around we showed him that a 1.8t with those mods are a low 14 at best. He was trying to say that a mustang with that power is hitting 12's. haha. In all honestly he really doesn't know much about cars but he knows enough to try to bs his way.

I Support ClubWRX
    You eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?

/jack
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    I think I'll take my spare tire out, for weight reduction. I'm scared.

ummm yea low mid 14 seconds on stock turbo.... ok grip off the line, but not gonna get enough wheelspin to outlaunch the Soob
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    ummm yea low mid 14 seconds on stock turbo.... ok grip off the line, but not gonna get enough wheelspin to outlaunch the Soob
    I can't wait. Hopefully Wed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I can't wait. Hopefully Wed.
    He's gonna whomp that ass ;-)

Btw.. I think both our cars had some major heat-soak issues today... it probably wasn't the best day to do a side-by side.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    He's gonna whomp that ass ;-)

Btw.. I think both our cars had some major heat-soak issues today... it probably wasn't the best day to do a side-by side.
    For sure. It's weather like the temp outside right now that makes for fun boost. I made a little rubber seal thing to direct more air into the IC tonight, and went for a drive and yea, the engine just loves the colder air lol

just a few things:

the B5 A4 came with 2 different hp ratings for the 1.8t. early motors had 150bhp and the later model with the ko3s turbo had 170bhp.

now, there are MULTIPLE, and I mean MULTIPLE A4s running around with over 300whp, let alone 300chp, but it does not sound like this guy is one of them.

the GIAC chip will give 50hp and something like 80tq (max), i have one, its valid. the intake is bull****, on a stock motor an aftermarket intake does nothing but magnify the sound of the turbo and DV. an FMIC will also do nothing too impressive except for keep IATs low when running high boost for extended periods of time (aka on track days).

my dad has a cobb re-mapped 265 and there is no comparison between his car and my a4 (i have maybe 220bhp and 230-240tq, max) mods are GIAC chip, 3" cat delete, 2.5" straight through exhaust...pretty basic.

this A4 owner sounds like a moron, and makes us all generally look stupid.

for the record, most A4 owners bought their cars for the comfort and class, not for the performance. however, like i said, there are many turning out huge numbers, and many which blow the doors off of stage II-III S4s, let alone stock ones. also, there are many which have owned or currently do own wrx's, so most can appreciate them

cheers.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
    just a few things:

the B5 A4 came with 2 different hp ratings for the 1.8t. early motors had 150bhp and the later model with the ko3s turbo had 170bhp.

now, there are MULTIPLE, and I mean MULTIPLE A4s running around with over 300whp, let alone 300chp, but it does not sound like this guy is one of them.

the GIAC chip will give 50hp and something like 80tq (max), i have one, its valid. the intake is bull****, on a stock motor an aftermarket intake does nothing but magnify the sound of the turbo and DV. an FMIC will also do nothing too impressive except for keep IATs low when running high boost for extended periods of time (aka on track days).

my dad has a cobb re-mapped 265 and there is no comparison between his car and my a4 (i have maybe 220bhp and 230-240tq, max) mods are GIAC chip, 3" cat delete, 2.5" straight through exhaust...pretty basic.

this A4 owner sounds like a moron, and makes us all generally look stupid.

for the record, most A4 owners bought their cars for the comfort and class, not for the performance. however, like i said, there are many turning out huge numbers, and many which blow the doors off of stage II-III S4s, let alone stock ones. also, there are many which have owned or currently do own wrx's, so most can appreciate them

cheers.

How do you get more tq (80?) over hp (50) with just a chip on a 1.8 engine??? That's the primary reason the 2.5 engine WRXs and STis make more torque than us 2.0 engine guys. I could probably make similar hp numbers as a 2006 WRX with my 2005 WRX, but I'll never have the torque that he does.

I don't doubt there are some fast A4s, for sure. As far as being a sports car performance minded car from the factory, the A4 is obviously no match for it's bigger brother, the S4. My friend's GIAC chipped B5 S4 supposedly is pushing over 400tq easy. 2.7 twin turbo V6... It's heavier, yes, but I am not kidding that thing could probably take many STis and WRXs even highly tuned ones...

What year A4 do you have? And what's a re-mapped 265? lol jk do you mean a WRX with a Stage 1 map from Cobb, otherwise stock? Just curious because your mods are similar to this A4 guy I'm workin on....

Not sure precisely where the tq and hp comes from. Fuel injection is changed and stock boost jumps from 10 psi to 18 (for the AEB motor which I have.) Other than the chip I have the exhaust and an aftermarket diverter valve. Short shift kit and decent brakes but those obviously have nothing to really to do with performance.

A chipped, otherwise stock s4 has 300hp, don't think its putting out 400tq. Many stage III s4s barely put that down (to the wheels) tune and supporting mod dependant of course.

And yes, its a cobb stage 1 that my dad has.

The a4 was not performance driven from the factory of course, its slow as hell lol. But the potential is certainly there. Like I said, you shouldn't have much trouble with this clown

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
    Not sure precisely where the tq and hp comes from. Fuel injection is changed and stock boost jumps from 10 psi to 18 (for the AEB motor which I have.) Other than the chip I have the exhaust and an aftermarket diverter valve. Short shift kit and decent brakes but those obviously have nothing to really to do with performance.

A chipped, otherwise stock s4 has 300hp, don't think its putting out 400tq. Many stage III s4s barely put that down (to the wheels) tune and supporting mod dependant of course.

And yes, its a cobb stage 1 that my dad has.

The a4 was not performance driven from the factory of course, its slow as hell lol. But the potential is certainly there. Like I said, you shouldn't have much trouble with this clown

My friend's 2000 S4 was only rated at like 260hp and 300tq from the factory. He's "Stage 2"-ish from GIAC, with a Stasis built tranny, lightweight clutch and stage 2 or 3 clutch, I forget. According to him, he's making 400tq and about 310hp. That's close to 300 to the wheels torque. All dyno sheets point to a 280-300+ wtq numbers, and that really makes up the difference when you he's weighing in at 3700lbs I think. The only car I've been in that's felt faster is probably my friend (Sinister)'s highly modded 06 WRX with a Pro-tune. That's not counting the 2001 M5 I test drove... *drools*..... and his WRX is putting like 250hp to the wheels, on a very low reading dyno. I would like to see his WRX vs my other friend's S4.

The Ultimate whp/wtq Dyno Thread - Audizine Forums

What year WRX is that Stage 1 map on that you're referring to? That makes a lot of difference because I don't know if you're talking about the 02-05 engine, or the 06+ engine...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.