My 05 WRX vs 07 Volvo S40 ... anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 05 WRX vs 07 Volvo S40 ... anyone? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Help me out here guys, tell me I can take a Volvo S40 with exhaust. Him: 2007 Volvo S40 "T5" ...

Wrinklechops

My 05 WRX vs 07 Volvo S40 ... anyone?

Help me out here guys, tell me I can take a Volvo S40 with exhaust.

Him: 2007 Volvo S40 "T5" 2.5 5cyl turbo AWD, weighing in at about 3100lbs, similar weight to me, and he has exhaust (cat-back, I think), K+N intake, and lowered suspension, that's about it.

Me: 2005 WRX, Stage 2'd OTS Cobb map...and check my other mods. I would like to think I'm putting at least 220 to the wheels.

The S40 puts down about 227hp stock (crank), so that's about exactly the same as my car stock. I doubt his exhaust and intake have put him up 30hp like he claims (he says 250hp) - he's never put it on a dyno and probably has no idea what he's actually putting to the wheels.

Everyone keeps telling me how "ridiculously fast" it is.... I wonder if they've ever rode in a Stage 2+ WRX, much less an STi or 06 WRX+ tuned....

Anyone ever run into any fast Volvos out there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

idk but the wrx looks fantastic

Your set bud. Tune = FTW!
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

You'll kill him...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Wrinklechops
    Haha thanks guys, I sure hope so. Guess I just found out he's got a 3in hi-flow catted downpipe now too. Oh well I really don't think he's going to be all that fast. Oh yea, and I found out he has an AUTOMATIC tranny...

don't sleep on it.... they do have a few "sleeper" mods they can do that can make you raise a eyebrow...
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I Support ClubWRX
    Those look to be nice cars. Getrag gearbox and Haldex driveline - impressive IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wrinklechops
    I know, and I'm sure with a tune those 2.5 5cyls can fly... but for now, he has 0 engine management, just mechanical mods and an automatic tranny... so until he can come up with $1000 for the equivalent Cobb or Ecutek or whatever we can buy tune, I think I will be able to beat him.... *i hope*....

Volvo S40 Compare - Engines and Performance - MSN Autos

If you are stage 2, I think you'll take him.
    But stock for stock, even with the automatic, he might have been able to edge you out, due to the fatter torque down low.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Volvo S40 Compare - Engines and Performance - MSN Autos

If you are stage 2, I think you'll take him.
    But stock for stock, even with the automatic, he might have been able to edge you out, due to the fatter torque down low.
    That is a super cool website side by side comparison! Thanks man! Yea, I'm "Stage 2" + a few other goodies (uppipe, lightweight crank pulley, Samco hoses, air snorkus thing deleted, short shifter, tons of bushings like differential and gearbox mounts, and my downpipe is catless, so that should be good for an extra 2hp!)

I can't wait, hopefully I can get him to go to the track next week after I slap my Yokohama S.drives on

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    That is a super cool website side by side comparison! Thanks man! Yea, I'm "Stage 2" + a few other goodies (uppipe, lightweight crank pulley, Samco hoses, air snorkus thing deleted, short shifter, tons of bushings like differential and gearbox mounts, and my downpipe is catless, so that should be good for an extra 2hp!)

I can't wait, hopefully I can get him to go to the track next week after I slap my Yokohama S.drives on
    At the track in a quarter mile you should do great, if your a good driver and can get your butt off the line quick. AWD FTW!
    Previous Subarus:

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    At the track in a quarter mile you should do great, if your a good driver and can get your butt off the line quick. AWD FTW!
    If only I could get my ECU tune nailed down because I'm getting REALLY bad knock -4.22 thanks a lot COBB! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    If only I could get my ECU tune nailed down because I'm getting REALLY bad knock -4.22 thanks a lot COBB! lol
    Go get a Protune, will fix you right up! + get you even more power for your race.
    Previous Subarus:

Wrinklechops
    Go get a Protune, will fix you right up! + get you even more power for your race.
    I know I know, I really do need to do that. Savin up for the $600 tune as we speak! lol

I Support ClubWRX
    they're both AWD goofball
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast