Me vs RS6

This is a discussion on Me vs RS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the other day I was driving home from work and I see this dude behind me a bunch of ...

Me vs RS6

So the other day I was driving home from work and I see this dude behind me a bunch of cars back kind of weaving through traffic. Not ricer weaving but tactfully playing the motion of traffic. I really didn't think anything of if because on that section of road I'm looking for cops so I can keep my exhaust as quiet at possible.

Finally we hop on the highway and at this point he was a decent amount a head of me At this point I accelerate to merge onto the nice open 3 lanes. I eventually passed him. He seemed to just sit in the right lane. At this point I see it's an RS6 and stare.

My exit finally came up and I see him back a ways bobbing and weaving again trying to catch up or even maybe do a fly by of some sort and he passes me but still gets off the same exit. The exit is a two lane long sweeping right. No one was on it so I took the right lane and easily pass him but I also wasn't pushing it nearly as hard as I have taken it. I am a little ways ahead of him thinking he doesn't want any. I just left it in third and got on it but wasn't in a good spot. I look back and see he decided to floor it too so I downshift into second and rip on it. I still had a decent lead on him but this guy was coming up pretty fast. We slow down since traffic was coming up. I give him the thumbs up and he gives me the wave. Turns out he lives somewhere in my area because we got off the same next exit. I think if we were side by side from a low roll I may be able to keep up with him for a couple seconds before he starts to pull a little. Up top that thing would destroy me.

I'm sure people are going to try to flame me. Keep in mind my car weighs maybe a little more then 2700 lbs. Also I've already beaten two new S4's and an S6.

Also got this guy

My mods: 99 2.5Rs/complete 04 drivetrain swap.

Intake, up-pipe, 3" turboback, gm boost solenoid, tgv deletes, xpt stage 2 tune for my gm boost solenoid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah the biturbo V8 in the RS6 is a tad quick on the highway I think stock they run 440hp/410ft lbs.

As a side note, the new generation C6 RS6 has a biturbo v10 rated at 571hp/650 ft lbs - although not available in the U.S... Its only comes in wagon form but hows that for a grocery getter!

Last edited by lordcon; 05-05-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Yeah they are nice. I wouldn't mind having one....but I never wanna work on one. My friends B5 S4 blows to work on. I can't imagine the new ones.

The older generation S4's were horrible reliability and maintenance wise (Im assuming you are talking about the biturbo v6) But i think all the V8 based S/RS series Audi's are a lot better as far as being worked on goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

I Support ClubWRX
    Audi is one of the few manufacturers that can make secksy, quick wagon.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon