Mazdaspeed 3 Encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 3 Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whatup fellaz, this is my first post but I've been reading these forums for awhile. I drive a stock 09 ...

Mazdaspeed 3 Encounter

Whatup fellaz, this is my first post but I've been reading these forums for awhile. I drive a stock 09 WRX hatch and seen an MS3 for the first time since I got my car. I've prolly only seen like 3 total.

Anywayz, I'm driving late last night on a pretty empty 4 lane road with my buddy and we see this black MS3 in the slow lane doing like 35. I roll up behind him to make sure its an MS3 then drive up next to him. We were pretty much the only guys on the road, so I flash my highbeams and give a nod. He didn't nod back so I rolled down my passanger window and he rolls down his a little and my buddy ask him to a 35 roll. He says "no thanks' like a pansy. He said cuz his gf was in the car, but we all know he was just scared of loosing.

So like a few blocks after he *****ed out we hit some traffic and he pulled into a gas station. I follow him in and he gets out like he wanted to kick my ass! LOL!!! My buddy asks him if he was scared of losing and why he didnt race.. he says quote "Because I knew I would win and you're not worth it" LOLOLOLOL That's helarius. seriously thought he would've won. All hes got is an intake. WRXs run in the 4 seconds. His is like 6!! and he thought he had me.

ANyway, I'm just waiting til I find a MS3 owner that has some balls.

Anyone else have any funny MS3 encounters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Please avoid dodging the swear filter, as this forum is viewed by many members at work and potentially by minors, and in any case we try to maintain a PG-13 type of setting (therefore, there is a no swearing rule...).

Welcome to the club! The MS3 is a popular car and a popular item of discussion here (IMO the 3 is a great car and until the 08 Subaru had nothing to touch it in terms of smart body style etc.).

In my signature you'll find links to the New Member forum, where you might stop by and introduce yourself etc. Enjoy!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i really hope you were getting gas and not just pulling over to confront him about not racing its his choice to race or not. If people dont want to race who cares move on dont go following them to harass them. Anyways welcome to the forums.

I Support ClubWRX
    Tell me if I understand your OP correctly ...

You see MS3 on road. You pull up next to him and try to get him to race you. He declines and you follow him to a gas station to ask him why he didn't want to drive recklessly risking the lives of himself and his passenger, and he's the one with the problem?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Not everyones on the road to race man. A lot of girls freak out when your car goes too fast.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

I Support ClubWRX
    There are a lot of us out there with enthusiast cars, who have no interest whatsoever in the streetracing scene. Just something to consider. I would also advise against "gas station confrontations"; sooner or later it could create a problem for you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

WOW. I just postted this becaue I never see any MS3s around here. Its like seeing a unicorn or something thatr you;re not sure really exists until its infront of you. I wanted to race that guy because I think they're actually good machines. Every review or comparison i've read says that they're good. I was let down that the guy was a wuss. His gf prolly thought he was lame too.

To me the punchline was that he said he knew he would've won from a roll! I'll give the Ms3 some props but it isn't in the same league as the WRX. Cmon AWD>FWD EVERYDAY ALLTHE TIME.

And to you haters, I don't race on the street usually. Ive had several ricers in civic si's try to race me but I always say no. I have nothing to prove to a car I know I can beat easily. The MS3 would've been a better challange cuz its faster than an Si i think plus the guy said he had an injen intake so he wouldnt have loss too bad.

I Support ClubWRX
    So help me to understand your reasoning...
    If a Civic wants to race you, you say "no", because you're prudent and discriminating.

If you want to race MS3, and he says "no", he's a "pansy", with no balls.

Seems inconsistent.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Maybe the MS3 "knew" he would beat ya...thats why he didn't waste his time...which is the same way you feel when civics want to race you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Whatup fellaz, this is my first post but I've been reading these forums for awhile. I drive a stock 09 WRX hatch and seen an MS3 for the first time since I got my car. I've prolly only seen like 3 total.

Anywayz, I'm driving late last night on a pretty empty 4 lane road with my buddy and we see this black MS3 in the slow lane doing like 35. I roll up behind him to make sure its an MS3 then drive up next to him. We were pretty much the only guys on the road, so I flash my highbeams and give a nod. He didn't nod back so I rolled down my passanger window and he rolls down his a little and my buddy ask him to a 35 roll. He says "no thanks' like a pansy. He said cuz his gf was in the car, but we all know he was just scared of loosing.

So like a few blocks after he *****ed out we hit some traffic and he pulled into a gas station. I follow him in and he gets out like he wanted to kick my ass! LOL!!! My buddy asks him if he was scared of losing and why he didnt race.. he says quote "Because I knew I would win and you're not worth it" LOLOLOLOL That's helarius. seriously thought he would've won. All hes got is an intake. WRXs run in the 4 seconds. His is like 6!! and he thought he had me.

ANyway, I'm just waiting til I find a MS3 owner that has some balls.

Anyone else have any funny MS3 encounters?
    If i was driving home with my wife or girlfriend and some punk kid pulled up next to me trying to race, I would say "No Thanks" and if they gave me issues I'd ignore them. If i pulled off to a gas station and that punk kid followed me and nagged me, I'd probley be pissed too.

Whats wrong with you? Are you 16 and think your the biggest mofo on the block? Have more respect for people. Street Racing is very dangerous, if you want to risk your own life thats fine. But don't disrespect a guy who is responsibile and cares about his passanger. Grow Up or Get Out, Your Disrespecting and Representing the Subaru Community in the Worst Way possible.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Yeah and it someone followed me into a gas station right after they tried racing me...sorry...I might come out of my car with a very aggressive nature...I would definitely be on the alert especially if it was two guys and it was just me and my girl...ya know...so lets start thinking about things before we do them.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    If i was driving home with my wife or girlfriend and some punk kid pulled up next to me trying to race, I would say "No Thanks" and if they gave me issues I'd ignore them. If i pulled off to a gas station and that punk kid followed me and nagged me, I'd probley be pissed too.

Whats wrong with you? Are you 16 and think your the biggest mofo on the block? Have more respect for people. Street Racing is very dangerous, if you want to risk your own life thats fine. But don't disrespect a guy who is responsibile and cares about his passanger. Grow Up or Get Out, Your Disrespecting and Representing the Subaru Community in the Worst Way possible.
    LOLOL sorry I dont live up to your high standards of racing ettiquite. Whats the point in buying a car that goes that fast if you're not gonna use it or have any fun with it?? And the MS3 driver punked out not bc it was too dangerous, but cuz his gf was there and cuz he said he knew he would win anyway. That means not only is he whipped like a black man on the Amistad but hes delusional to think he couldve had me. Like I said AWD>FWD PERIOD. He had no chance even with an intake against me stock. He shouldve been honest and said he was scared to loose and we wouldve lauged at him and left. I dont know why anyone would buy a FWD car. Especially one thats trying to be fast. LOL his gf was hott tho.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    is he whipped like a black man on the Amistad
    This kind of racially charged comment is not welcome on ClubWRX. Please take moment to read our rules. Consider this a first warning.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This kind of racially charged comment is not welcome on ClubWRX. Please take moment to read our rules. Consider this a first warning.
    My bad. No offense intended there against black people I was just joking around. Wow. these boards are really strict I need to adjust my language i guess.

Anyway the MS3 guy was funny. He was so defensive when we rolled up to the gas station he even remote locked the doors with his gf in there and flared up like he was gonna charge mycar like we were on a safari or something. My buddy and I had no intention of trying to fight. Just wanted a closer look at the car - it actually looked really nice in black - and to see if we could talk him into a race

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    Your Disrespecting and Representing the Subaru Community in the Worst Way possible.
    No doubt

Anyway you should have respected the fact that he didn't want to race you cause of his girl in the car. Also what does it matter what he said after the fact...they are just words they don't mean anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast