me vs 2009 wrx! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on me vs 2009 wrx! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have always liked the Preludes...like the few years right before they stopped making them and I always wanted to ...

I have always liked the Preludes...like the few years right before they stopped making them and I always wanted to get a Del Sol and put a huge turbo in it...lol. I do like the looks of the new Accord Coupe but I love my WRX!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wrx needs driver mod. and keep the fat passengers out.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

honda's are good cars, i owned an rsx-s before the subaru. I had a CAI and hondata reflash. it was quick. and the honda v6's with headers and cai put down serious power.

one passenger isn't going to loose you a car length.

in the wrx's defense, if you don't start in the right gear, you're not going to get anywhere. i'm trying to get a glimpse of his tac, to see if he's in the power band but we all know after 5k, on a stock turbo our car is useless. if we only all drove SRT-4's...
    Last edited by abhiwan; 05-04-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    honda's are good cars, i owned an rsx-s before the subaru. I had a CAI and hondata reflash. it was quick. and the honda v6's with headers and cai put down serious power.

one passenger isn't going to loose you a car length.

in the wrx's defense, if you don't start in the right gear, you're not going to get anywhere. i'm trying to get a glimpse of his tac, to see if he's in the power band but we all know after 5k, on a stock turbo our car is useless. if we only all drove SRT-4's...
    bolded for truth! anyway giving how close the cars were a hefty 200lb passenger could of made all the difference there. add it a lower start speed and some better driving its very viable to see the wrx out 1-2cars. but anything can happen any time anywhere. thats what makes it fun.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

yes my car is manual. We did a 25 roll and niether of us had passengers so we didnt get it on vid, but he hung in there pretty much even up until end of my third gear (85 mph), and then i started to pull away. Even after this event i still wanna trade in the accord for the subbie. We all know with a stage 2 reflash and some minor mods the subbie would rape. U can only go so far with bolt ons. in the end its a good race, im proud of my accord and its "frumaroll" capabilities lol.

must not have been an 09 wrx, it's a freaking rally car bro!

and honda...congrats on beating a stock 4cyl engine[/QUOTE]

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard...the accord is weak and nothing like a wrx...if i had an accord, i would be proud as hell to beat a wrx

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkassspoiledrottenLeeHottiJerseyboy View Post
    blah blah
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

ok i dont get the point of this thread.... hooray u beat a 09 wrx..... there still quicker then u in stockform

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post

and honda...congrats on beating a stock 4cyl engine
    Yeah, a 2.5l turbo'd 4 cylinder
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    Yeah, a 2.5l turbo'd 4 cylinder
    haha ok maybe i should give him a LITTLE more credit, but still it was from a roll. i mean i really dont care either way because his care could probably beat my stage 2 08 from a 40mph roll in a straight line also, but i dont really think its something to go out of my way to brag about. the other day a beat a modded integra, but it was from a dig so i had the obvious advantage. i didnt feel the need to post a thread about it cuz its really not impressive. but in any case im glad that you enjoy modding your car no matter what car it is. we all share the same hobby.

The extra weight makes a **** load of a difference.
    I was driving down to Jeresy to go eat with some friends and I had my gf and 2 of her abnoxious friends in the back..One a bit past the avg weight for an 18 year old girl O_o. My buddy had jus him and his friend in his mini. Both weighing a total of maybe 300lbs. Mini put me to the test lmao but I gladly still had him.
    He has a Mini Cooper S(John Cooper Works edition)
    I have a 2002 wrx tuned with a k&n typhoon intake, turbo xs downpipe, HKS uppipe and carbon ti exhaust. Pushin about 18 lbs on the turbo. 19 If its a good day

We pulled each other from constant rolls on the highway doing about 60-70

Quote Originally Posted by motok View Post
    We pulled each other from constant rolls on the highway doing about 60-70
    i dont mean to be rude, but arent you the same guy that claimed to have smoked an ev0 7?
    evo 7 ate my ****!

Vid looked like a fairly already high speed roll (60+). AWD hurts up top.....we all know that.

Besides, its not like the other 2 cars were putting bus lengths on it. Barely pulling a WRX that may or may not be a 09. Arguing this is worthless.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.