dyno chart @ 19psi =)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on dyno chart @ 19psi =) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tuned by Robbie @ Epic Motorsport (epicparts.net) Turned out about where I suspected.. going for 22 lbs of boost when ...

dyno chart @ 19psi =)

Tuned by Robbie @ Epic Motorsport (epicparts.net)

Turned out about where I suspected.. going for 22 lbs of boost when I get an accessport. To follow drag slips.. lol.
    Last edited by wrxloaf08; 04-26-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post

Tuned by Robbie @ Epic Motorsport (epicparts.net)

Turned out about where I suspected.. going for 22 lbs of boost when I get an accessport. To follow drag slips.. lol.
    What modifications are you running?

in my profile.. I think i'm set with this for my engine for awhile
    08 WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    327whp with an SZ49? What type of dyno? How maxed are your injectors?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I'm guessing they still got room.. I should hit 350-360 21 psi on cobb software. Rob was hesitant to go farther with open source since ecu is kind of unpredictable. Also pushing limits of WRX engine/trans here so I don't want to run it much harder.

Edit: it was a on a mustang dyno
    Last edited by wrxloaf08; 04-26-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    08 WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08
    I'm guessing they still got room.. I should hit 350-360 21 psi on cobb software. Rob was hesitant to go farther with open source since ecu is kind of unpredictable. Also pushing limits of WRX engine/trans here so I don't want to run it much harder.

How is the ECU any less predictable with the open-source reflash rather than Cobb? Sounds to me like he just doesn't know Romraider very well. A reflash is a reflash - there should be no difference in "predictability"

UNYSOC

my understanding of the software was that it didn't do a complete reflash, there was room for it to adapt still. EX: different powerbands on same tuning ?
    08 WRX Sedan

HOLY HELL! I was waiting for this, as I really wanted to see your numbers. That is disgustingly awesome, dude. Makes me want to mod the crap out of my 09 now.
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
    HOLY HELL! I was waiting for this, as I really wanted to see your numbers. That is disgustingly awesome, dude. Makes me want to mod the crap out of my 09 now.
    Oh yeah, with the ewg it sounds like a total monster when I flat foot. Since your starting with a bigger turbo you may have a less expensive route to some good results.
    08 WRX Sedan

Oh yeah, with the ewg it sounds like a total monster when I flat foot. Since your starting with a bigger turbo you may have a less expensive route to some good results.
    Definitely. My ultimate goal with mine will be stage 2 + fuel pump, injectors, CP forged pistons, and a crap-ton of boost (20+ lbs). Taking the turbo out of the equation definitely helps the wallet.

The only problem with the VF52 is that it will require a little modification to the wastegate with that kind of power since it's retardified when it's stock.

put an ewg on it. the GS/Tial kit is only like $600, regardless of hp external is just a better way to go for engine life and for power. Not sure why your going with pistons, also be aware boost does a number on stock parts. I had an issue of the intercooler pipes blowing off the gaskets @ 19.. lol. Had to T bolt clamp them.
    08 WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post

How is the ECU any less predictable with the open-source reflash rather than Cobb? Sounds to me like he just doesn't know Romraider very well. A reflash is a reflash - there should be no difference in "predictability"
    That's what I'm wondering. I haven't kept up with OSS on 08 or 09's, but this just doesn't sound right.

put an ewg on it. the GS/Tial kit is only like $600, regardless of hp external is just a better way to go for engine life and for power. Not sure why your going with pistons, also be aware boost does a number on stock parts. I had an issue of the intercooler pipes blowing off the gaskets @ 19.. lol. Had to T bolt clamp them.
    I'm going to get pistons because the stock pistons on the EJ25 have serious ring land issues, and I'd rather prepare myself for the boost than be sorry down the road and have to replace the block or sleeve it. Man, I didn't even think about the IC pipes...yeah those will probably have to be replaced, and probably the IC too. That is $$$.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    That's what I'm wondering. I haven't kept up with OSS on 08 or 09's, but this just doesn't sound right.
    I believe the only difference is the new tactrix cable needed to do the tuning - I don't think there's an interface difference between GD/GR

Can you post a datalog?

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    I believe the only difference is the new tactrix cable needed to do the tuning - I don't think there's an interface difference between GD/GR

Can you post a datalog?
    Prob not, he tuned it last week. All I have it the graph and numbers.
    08 WRX Sedan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.