0-60 feet times anyone ? ! ? ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 0-60 feet times anyone ? ! ? ! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 A stellar 60 footer in the AWD platform with street tires is around 1.7. An average ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    A stellar 60 footer in the AWD platform with street tires is around 1.7. An average is around 1.85-1.95. Anything below 1.7 is a once in a lifetime pass.

With something like an RE-11, or another ultra high performance tire, I definitely think a 1.6 is fully attainable.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's all in the weight transfer. if is squats to hard in the rear the front tires will spin. wasting power that could be put to the rear. anyone mix up tire compounds for launching?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    see other thread scott.
    What other thread? Linky linky? Heard from Tom that you beat a Gixxer 1000 recently...my god that thing must be incredibly fast.....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

A stellar 60 footer in the AWD platform with street tires is around 1.7. An average is around 1.85-1.95. Anything below 1.7 is a once in a lifetime pass.
    I used to get mid/high 1.6's from my Evo all the time at the dragstrip...and that was with the stock turbo.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    I used to get mid/high 1.6's from my Evo all the time at the dragstrip...and that was with the stock turbo.
    Straight from the........

Now Scott... on a WRX it's quite a bit different because we have an open diff up front.. the STi (with it's suretrac limited slip differential) will catch all 4 tires, the WRX only 3. So I don't expect any stellar 60ft times with my A/S Sports, and 3 wheels of slip... But when I get my RE-11's.. I'm hoping to get low 1.7's.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Sticky tires weren't really necessary. The 1.6's came with crappy A/S tires, even on 50 degree days. A little screetch off the line actually gave the best results; it kept the rpms up (which prevented bog, and helped spool), and the spin reduced the instant shock to the drivetrain.

Wrinklechops
    Sticky tires weren't really necessary. The 1.6's came with crappy A/S tires, even on 50 degree days. A little screetch off the line actually gave the best results; it kept the rpms up (which prevented bog, and helped spool), and the spin reduced the instant shock to the drivetrain.
    What were some of your best times with the stock turbo Evo?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm at 6000 feet when I drag... so, it's a little more difficult to build boost off the line for us. I'm going to have to play with my launch control.. it's always either major tire spin, or none at all.. I can't get a good quality launch.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

My tires screeched like saved by the bell.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

What other thread? Linky linky? Heard from Tom that you beat a Gixxer 1000 recently...my god that thing must be incredibly fast.....

finally a retune and new numbers

still trying to get people on my own forum to believe it happened. its quite funny. let me know when there is a good time to bring it by.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Straight from the........

Now Scott... on a WRX it's quite a bit different because we have an open diff up front.. the STi (with it's suretrac limited slip differential) will catch all 4 tires, the WRX only 3. So I don't expect any stellar 60ft times with my A/S Sports, and 3 wheels of slip... But when I get my RE-11's.. I'm hoping to get low 1.7's.
    Gotcha Kevin...which is why I put 1.7 as stellar. I hit a few 1.6's in the STi, but very rarely. A WRX is definitly capable of a 1.7, but woe to the trans & clutch
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Thats some pretty good driving. I never once had an Evo beat me out of the hole. The torque of the STi usually dominated from a standing start. After that, it depended on the mods that the Evo had compared to mine.

I never once saw an Evo pull better than a 1.8 on a stock setup. I thought their clutch didn't allow that?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    finally a retune and new numbers

still trying to get people on my own forum to believe it happened. its quite funny. let me know when there is a good time to bring it by.
    This weekend would be great. Mornings are always better, but pretty much anytime....I'll take a break for something like that. Kids would like to see it too.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I went and looked at my last 10 evo timeslips. Four out the ten timeslips had 1.6x shortimes (ranging from 1.66 to 1.68, the remaining were low/mid 1.7's.

Best ET was 11.944@116.19 in 50 degree air. In more typical conditions, I usually ran 12.1-12.3 @ 114-ish. That was with a stock Evo IX turbo and 264/272 cams.

I ran the 11.944 with over 110k miles on the clock. The stock clutch lasted for 50k miles, then started slipped after I made 5-6 passes on the dragstrip. I put in an Exedy twin disk and never looked back. All of my 1.6x short times were with the Exedy. Best 60' with the stock clutch was mid-1.7s.

Low end torque doesn really matter if your launching at 5500 rpms.

I Support ClubWRX

I never once saw an Evo pull better than a 1.8 on a stock setup. I thought their clutch didn't allow that?
    I went and looked at my last 10 evo timeslips. Four out the ten timeslips had 1.6x shortimes (ranging from 1.66 to 1.68, the remaining were low/mid 1.7's.

Best ET was 11.944@116.19 in 50 degree air. In more typical conditions, I usually ran 12.1-12.3 @ 114-ish. That was with a stock Evo IX turbo and 264/272 cams.

I ran the 11.944 with over 110k miles on the clock. The stock clutch lasted for 50k miles, then started slipped after I made 5-6 passes on the dragstrip. I put in an Exedy twin disk and never looked back. All of my 1.6x short times were with the Exedy. Best 60' with the stock clutch was mid-1.7s.

Low end torque doesn really matter if your launching at 5500 rpms.
    See my original quote above. Now show me a timeslip with an Evo pulling a 1.6 on a stock setup. I did some checking before I said this, and I couldn't find one.
    FYI....an STi is easily capable of launching at redline...not a measley 5500
    We all know a modified Evo is a typically a better 1/4 miler than a modified STi. But...if you throw the same mods on it, an STi will out launch an Evo every day of the week...which is the sort of the topic here.
    But enough of that, as this isn't about Evo vs STi...we know the Evo is usually faster in the 1/4 after modifications. It is a great platform and and excellent competitor in the same field. I'm still waiting to see how far the new platform can be taken.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123