08/09 WRX Vs 08 350z vs MazdaSpeed3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08/09 WRX Vs 08 350z vs MazdaSpeed3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hmmmm....direct injection is the way most new cars are heading at this point....

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmmm....direct injection is the way most new cars are heading at this point.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why are we ripping the speed3? i mean i love my wrx but the speed3 is a great car too...and yeah it does outperform the wrx stock for stock

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    why are we ripping the speed3? i mean i love my wrx but the speed3 is a great car too...and yeah it does outperform the wrx stock for stock
    no it doesnt, your insane

i have an all stock 06 mind you, not talking about the 09 by any means

there is a great video of this race on youtube but with an 06 sti instead of the wrx. the 09 wrx would have close to the same performance though. The speed3 has an intake, the 350z has exhaust and the sti is stock.

YouTube - Nissan 350Z vs MazdaSpeed3 vs Subaru STI

Are the 3 sedans turbo'd as well? Those are the only ones i keep bumpin into on the streets and expressways...

I Support ClubWRX
    This is ridiculous...

Any of the cars could win.. all depends on the crapshoot known as "The Driver Mod"

Same skilled driver? 100% Stock? The 09WRX will win. But dear lord.. what happened to this forum.. it's all magazine racing now!!!!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

no those arent turbo'd, only certain hatches, you'll notice the speed 3 it looks more agressive, although the new one looks like a f&ggot wrx lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    This is ridiculous...

Any of the cars could win.. all depends on the crapshoot known as "The Driver Mod"

Same skilled driver? 100% Stock? The 09WRX will win. But dear lord.. what happened to this forum.. it's all magazine racing now!!!!
    lol i love my 06, my buddy that i deliver chinese food with has a speed3...we switch cars sometimes for fun while at work...both great cars, and to satisfy you, we raced...i won..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    lol i love my 06, my buddy that i deliver chinese food with has a speed3...we switch cars sometimes for fun while at work...both great cars, and to satisfy you, we raced...i won..
    They suck off the launch but really are incredibly similar to the srt-4 after they take off
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    They suck off the launch but really are incredibly similar to the srt-4 after they take off
    YUP! useless below 30mph but they have great top end

i dont care what some video shows. There are plenty of videos of g35's and Z's beating sti's from a roll. And lets get it straight, although the 09 wrx is quick, please dont compare it to an 06 sti, sti>wrx. And i know for a fact that speed3 vs 09 wrx scenario from a roll, the speed3 will win. that by no means its a better or faster car, it just means it has better top end than a wrx. from a stop or even a first gear roll, the wrx would win. or in rain or snow or dirt

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Are the 3 sedans turbo'd as well? Those are the only ones i keep bumpin into on the streets and expressways...
    nope. there is the speed6 though which mazda designed the right way.. turbo AWD sedan. lol too bad they stopped making them. my mom had one a few years ago and it was a pretty nice car.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Um....the 09 WRX is on par with some of the earlier STI's.

Prior to 09 a MS3 would destroy in WRX in any race that wasnt in snow, mud, rain, or up to 30MPH.

Higher slolam speed, lower 1/4 mile speed, and more G's on a skid pad. That equals better performance....not a youtube race.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Um....the 09 WRX is on par with some of the earlier STI's.

Prior to 09 a MS3 would destroy in WRX in any race that wasnt in snow, mud, rain, or up to 30MPH.

Higher slolam speed, lower 1/4 mile speed, and more G's on a skid pad. That equals better performance....not a youtube race.
    Which car are you referring to with the Higher slolam speed and all that?

My friend with a stock speed 3 on stock tires trapped 101. That's pretty much what the 09 wrx's trap. Considering the fact that halfway through the 1/4 mile the speed 3 has no traction and still traps a 101, is pretty impressive. That also tells me that it has quicker pickup than the 09 wrx, not to mention a intake on a ms3 dynoed and extra 23 whp.

And i will never consider the 09 wrx on par with a 06 sti. Completely different cars. The 09 has 1 less shift to get to quartermile than the STi i believe. With like 35 more hp than the 09 wrx, the 06 sti would pull from a higher roll. But since street racing is illegal and we cant talk about it on this thread, it makes no difference. so you win :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast