02 Mustang GT wanted some........ - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 Mustang GT wanted some........ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blarg granted It's saying that quotes arent allowed in my sig???...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    granted
    It's saying that quotes arent allowed in my sig???
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gpsoccr04 View Post
    well you need to get your sh*t together! lasnight i went toe to toe w/ a cobra! I got a STOCKED 07 STI and i know the 96-98 Cobra had at least a intake and headers w/ an exhaust that was loud as *****! at first i was intimidated but then i said what the hell... we started at a 40 mph roll and i BARELY took him, maybe like by a bumber or so! but still afterwards he pulled up and said, no bull**** "damn that car is fast" It was a good as feeling!
    Don't let the older Mustangs intimidate you. I drove a 95 cobra for three years. It took a lot of money before i could consider it "fast".

I pulled up next to an 02 Cobra convertible the other day, pretty cool guy driving, we had a quick chat and he told me his Cobra was 500 to the wheels! I decided to give it a go and in true Subaru fashion had him to 40 lol, then he stopped spinning and left me for dead! Wow that thing was insane plus it sounded awesome!

Although I love the feeling of destroying GT mustangs, there are sooo many here in my city with over confident guys driving them! They all under estimate my family car! Last night for example, a guy in a modified 5.0 foxbody asked me to line it up so we did, just left him for dead and him and his friends faces were priceless!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    all bark and no bite
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    I pulled up next to an 02 Cobra convertible the other day, pretty cool guy driving, we had a quick chat and he told me his Cobra was 500 to the wheels! I decided to give it a go and in true Subaru fashion had him to 40 lol, then he stopped spinning and left me for dead! Wow that thing was insane plus it sounded awesome!

Although I love the feeling of destroying GT mustangs, there are sooo many here in my city with over confident guys driving them! They all under estimate my family car! Last night for example, a guy in a modified 5.0 foxbody asked me to line it up so we did, just left him for dead and him and his friends faces were priceless!
    There is no such thing as an "'02" cobra, they were made from 99-2001 and 2003-2004. He was either lying (very likely) or he had an 03, in which case he could easily have 500hp as they dyno 380whp stock. Either way the guy is confused.

Until FORD, the crappy american car company, starts making mustangs like the 03-04 cobra (which had independent rear suspension and a GREAT supercharged 4.6L V8) they will always be catering to retards who love solid rear axels and loud exhausts made by small v8. Chevy makes more hp with 2v/cylinder and OHV engines (technology of the 1920's).

On the other hand, there truly IS no replacement for displacement... which is why I would never trade my 2.5L for an EJ207 even if it has forged internals and makes more power. Also, no matter how fast our cars are up to 100 they always die up top... even a lowely GT mustang will tear an STI a new one from a Highway roll.

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Mustangs aren't the only ones.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Mustangs aren't the only ones.
    WRX owners are guilty of this too. More so than STi owners it seems.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    WRX owners are guilty of this too. More so than STi owners it seems.
    I'm not going to lie... I'm guilty as well. But after the other night having some fun with an AMG and beating him to 85... I think I may have a little bit of a right! ;-)
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    and every wrx story starts so i raced this non awd car from a light to 40 and won. whats your point?
    How is the torquesteer on that 605hp race gas tune?
    Break your arm, dislocations, or what?

I kid, I kid...

I'm just wondering how you beat a ported Termi... that's nuts
    Last edited by WRXurFACE; 04-26-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: forgetfullness

Quote Originally Posted by WRXurFACE View Post
    How is the torquesteer on that 605hp race gas tune?
    Break your arm, dislocations, or what?

I kid, I kid...

I'm just wondering how you beat a ported Termi... that's nuts
    it'll break your wrist if you try to hold on with one hand. you have to use both hands on the wheel like your trying to do a pull up. so you can hold the wheel with your biceps instead of your triceps. thats on low boost. i ran the ported terminator on a 24psi tune. i would just get a nose past him when we would shut down. now he's got a kb 2.7 swap should make 650+ gonna need the high boost for that.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 04-26-2009 at 06:18 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    it'll break your wrist if you try to hold on with one hand. you have to use both hands on the wheel like your trying to do a pull up. so you can hold the wheel with your biceps instead of your triceps. thats on low boost. i ran the ported terminator on a 24psi tune. i would just get a nose past him when we would shut down. now he's got a kb 2.7 swap should make 650+ gonna need the high boost for that.

Yeah I stopped short of swapping turbos on my 20V because the torquesteer was getting annoying, every time I would launch the car would do it's best to crash into whatever was nearby and i figured another 100whp or so and it might succeed. At this point I can still embarass most WRXs, EVOs, Mini Coopers, and old stangs on the highway and that is good enough for me. The Rex will be my "fast" car now and I want to get forged internals and a 35R some day. 500awhp on a 2.75 stroker would be fun.

BTW I will always regret not getting an 03' SRT... I had the chance and went with the Beetle because It was a great deal and could be made fast quick... got it for 16k fully loaded 5spd leather stereo and only 10k miles.
    Last edited by WRXurFACE; 04-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXurFACE View Post
    There is no such thing as an "'02" cobra, they were made from 99-2001 and 2003-2004. He was either lying (very likely) or he had an 03, in which case he could easily have 500hp as they dyno 380whp stock. Either way the guy is confused.
    Sorry it was my assumption that it was an 02, not him telling me and this was not a stock cobra! This thing absoloutely flew!

Oh and yes im guilty of feeling a little smug in my car from time to time but there are only 3 WRX hatch's in the city, there must be thousands of mustangs! I dont know its just any kid with a loud V8 thinks its a spaceship.
    Last edited by binjoau; 04-26-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Hey guys!(im new) just thought id say it's good too see there is a forum that dosn't comletely bash GT or Cobras completely. you guys all seem pretty cool and open minded! being an owner of 00 GT it's good to see good sports. Yes it's very true alot of people who drive around in mustangs think there tuff stuff but get it handed to them by WRX. ive never personally raced a wrx yet but i know and respect that there a fast freakin car, and prolly rip my car in 2. and i have alot of respect for Subaru, there a very well crafted car. It's amazing seeing the comment differances between honda/acura and forums like those adn here. seems like there is alot more respect here. anyway back on topic lol. yes 94-98 Mustangs had a ton of bark and no bite! 99-04 they did get quite a bit better,as they were lighter and had more HP, 260 at the flywheel but to the wheels ur really only looking at about 220-230. personally ive raced a 94, 5.0 stock vs my 00 GT(CAI,Exaust,Chip,short-throw) and just wasn't really a race. it really does depend on the driver in most situations too. anyway awsome forum guys Subaru's FTW!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome boss. You'll notice that as a whole the Subaru community is one of the most educated in the car tuning world. I'd say that has a lot to do with the amount of respect that we give and get.

Have you thought of owning a Subaru?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.