02 Mustang GT wanted some........ - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 Mustang GT wanted some........ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The 4.6 mustangs are a let down to me I owned one from 02 to 04 as a DD and ...

The 4.6 mustangs are a let down to me

I owned one from 02 to 04 as a DD and after owning two heavily modded 5.0's from the "glory days" (fox bodies) it just felt like a waste of the name. They had no low end tq and didn't make up for it with high end power either.

On a side note (and actually on topic), I skull drug one last week from 50-100 with my very mild WRX and that just disappointed me even further in them because my WRX is slower than hell.
    06 AW WRX, VF39, CSS, TXS, Helix DNA, RPF1.
    Low, slow and loud.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    One of my friends up here has an 03 (I wanna say) Mustang GT the one with 270hp or whatever? The 4.6 v8 maybe? Anyways, I am only Stage 1 on my 05WRX but I took him pretty good. He's bone stock though. Can't wait till I'm Stage 2 hopefully this week....if I can figure out this exhaust install lol

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    3 days ago i raced a 00-02 GT with at least an exhaust. sounded like he had a supercharger also but if he did i think he would have beat me. raced from a dig and he spun and i got a horrible launch but i had him by about a car length to about 60mph and i backed off. he spun the tires a lil shifting into 2nd and i had a good shift. i thought they were faster. i was really proud of myself. he passed me and we gave eachother the thumbs up. oh im stage 2.

Funny story I figured I would add... One time I was driving at night on the highway, when I saw in my rearview two pairs of headlights just come FLYING up from behind me, so I downshifted and stepped on it a little bit, just to see what was coming.... and as they got closer I heard the ever so faint "pssst pssst pssst" of the STi's blow off valve and then the roar of the Mustang Cobra's V8.... and I naturally could not keep up. But they slowed down and I sort of caught up, and the Mustang and I took the same exit. Guess he thought it would be fun to mess with another WRX lol... kept on slowing down next to me and then just stomping on it... I had no chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Then they realize... oh wait, I have air conditioned seats, italian leather, and the pride of not owning a neon

I almost bought a SRT-4, it's just fun to rib on you all. I have 3 buddies with them in various stages of tunage. One is running a ridiculous tune with race gas and meth on the stock turbo. His claim to fame is fastest neon on a stock turbo in cali. I don't know if I believe him or not, but it's a pretty sweet setup. Everything has been pnp'd, and he did a great job of making everything under the hood look stock.
    very true. but the cost of my neon and everything done to it i doubt covers the yearly service of those cars! lol.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Funny story I figured I would add... One time I was driving at night on the highway, when I saw in my rearview two pairs of headlights just come FLYING up from behind me, so I downshifted and stepped on it a little bit, just to see what was coming.... and as they got closer I heard the ever so faint "pssst pssst pssst" of the STi's blow off valve and then the roar of the Mustang Cobra's V8.... and I naturally could not keep up. But they slowed down and I sort of caught up, and the Mustang and I took the same exit. Guess he thought it would be fun to mess with another WRX lol... kept on slowing down next to me and then just stomping on it... I had no chance...
    well you need to get your sh*t together! lasnight i went toe to toe w/ a cobra! I got a STOCKED 07 STI and i know the 96-98 Cobra had at least a intake and headers w/ an exhaust that was loud as *****! at first i was intimidated but then i said what the hell... we started at a 40 mph roll and i BARELY took him, maybe like by a bumber or so! but still afterwards he pulled up and said, no bull**** "damn that car is fast" It was a good as feeling!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by gpsoccr04 View Post
    well you need to get your sh*t together! lasnight i went toe to toe w/ a cobra! I got a STOCKED 07 STI and i know the 96-98 Cobra had at least a intake and headers w/ an exhaust that was loud as *****! at first i was intimidated but then i said what the hell... we started at a 40 mph roll and i BARELY took him, maybe like by a bumber or so! but still afterwards he pulled up and said, no bull**** "damn that car is fast" It was a good as feeling!
    Haha that's so cool man... yea maybe when I am Stage 2 and beyond I will give it a shot cuz then I'd be about toe to toe with a stock STi

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Haha that's so cool man... yea maybe when I am Stage 2 and beyond I will give it a shot cuz then I'd be about toe to toe with a stock STi
    ya man dont let them loud v8s fool you.... MOST of them are all bark and no bite!

ah, frumarol....the dry hump of the racing world.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

but then you find that one turboed mustang cobra thats pushin like 600whp and you get boned. i dont think there are any around me so im safe =). but i was readin up on just some stock camaro ss, gto, and mustang cobra 0-60/ quarter mile times and a lot of them are a little disapointing. so dont be scared

Drummer woke up on the wrong side of life today. Its okay though, we've all had our share.

frmarollFtW
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    Drummer woke up on the wrong side of life today. Its okay though, we've all had our share.

frmarollFtW
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

uhh ok

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    Sigging with permission?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Sigging with permission?
    granted
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    blarg! you're back?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast