Jeep SRT8
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jeep SRT8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had the privilege to chance myself against one on the highway the other day. Obviously, I got smoked. I ...

Wrinklechops

Jeep SRT8

I had the privilege to chance myself against one on the highway the other day. Obviously, I got smoked. I had him around the twisty mountain corners, but on the straight away there was just no stopping a 420hp HEMI. I'm only Stage 1 though, so I was just curious if anyone out here has beat one?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope, pretty much the same result, the rex just dies out at top end and the jeep just keeps goin
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    nope, pretty much the same result, the rex just dies out at top end and the jeep just keeps goin
    lol yea that's a good way to put it - we could be in top gear flooring it, nearing redline, and the Jeep will just wave goodbye it seems

I Support ClubWRX
    In the end, there is no replacement for displacement.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

a friend of mine just bought an SRT-8 jeep and he ran my friend who has up-pipe dp cbe vf34 ewg bigger tmic STi injectors txs utec and other little bolt ons and the jeep compltlely smoked him and its stock. the trucks are insane and a really comfortable ride.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

My brother owned an 06 and that thing was pretty impressive on a strait line esspecially. I didn't have a chance to run him in in my STI but did in my SRT-4. From a dig it was like I was standing still from a roll he still got me by 1-2 car's. It wasn't till I went stage 1 and a couple other mods I could barley pull him by 1 car from a roll.

Now I know this was not the comparison you where looking for but I figured I would share. The SRT vehicals have a pretty cool line up and I wouldn't mind owning one of those grocery gettin Jeep's.

well i dont know about comfortable because i test drive one with my dad and it was pretty rough, for a truck at least
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

I Support ClubWRX
    On the other hand, the WRX is way cheaper then the Jeep SRT8 and gets AT LEAST 10 more miles per gallon. Not something to be taken lightly considering that gas, in all likelihood, will eventually be much more expensive then it is right now.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

That jeep has triple the displacement you do, too.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I had the privilege to chance myself against one on the highway the other day. Obviously, I got smoked. I had him around the twisty mountain corners, but on the straight away there was just no stopping a 420hp HEMI. I'm only Stage 1 though, so I was just curious if anyone out here has beat one?
    Yeah, those SRT8's are fast.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    well i dont know about comfortable because i test drive one with my dad and it was pretty rough, for a truck at least
    Yea, well it's a Jeep that's been lowered, stiffened, and beefed up with a 6.1 HEMI. Pretty monstrous really. I would venture to say that you'd need a highly modded STi to try to beat a stock SRT-8, no? Oh well, I guess I won't be seeing many of those in my rear view mirror any time soon lol. Granted, it is a gas hog for sure. If I got married and my wife demanded I ditch the WRX in favor of a more "family car" like an SUV, I'd opt for the SRT-8. That thing is just so wicked looking to me. And especially from behind, which is all most of us probably ever see.

Banned
    those things are beasts hands down majority of subie drivers are going to get smoked unless your really pushing some horses

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by DTKLBI View Post
    those things are beasts hands down majority of subie drivers are going to get smoked unless your really pushing some horses
    I suppose the same goes for most of the SRT8 line then... e.g. Charger, Challenger, etc.

But at least we can still beat the SRT4 aka Neons, eh? lol

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Yea, well it's a Jeep that's been lowered, stiffened, and beefed up with a 6.1 HEMI. Pretty monstrous really. I would venture to say that you'd need a highly modded STi to try to beat a stock SRT-8, no? Oh well, I guess I won't be seeing many of those in my rear view mirror any time soon lol. Granted, it is a gas hog for sure. If I got married and my wife demanded I ditch the WRX in favor of a more "family car" like an SUV, I'd opt for the SRT-8. That thing is just so wicked looking to me. And especially from behind, which is all most of us probably ever see.
    I wouldnt say highly modded, but a stock sti would lose. I am at stage 2 and while I havent really raced a srt8, my track numbers make me think I could hang if not beat one. After looking over dragtimes.com I was just as fast or faster when I just had my catted dp and mild tune
    Last edited by turbotwist; 04-12-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Wrinklechops
    Well I know these mean nothing, but I like watching videos of this kind of stuff so I found some STi's and SRT8's....

YouTube - wrx vs srt8 part 2

YouTube - WRX STi vs Jeep SRT 8 part 4

YouTube - Jeep SRT-8 VS. Subaru STI

I like this the best possibly:

YouTube - STI vs. Jeep SRT-8

STi (Stage 2 to boot!) seems to launch better, taking the lead until maybe about 2-3 gear...then somehow that big slow looking beast of a Jeep just keeps on going lol!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.