Jeep SRT8 - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Jeep SRT8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by turbotwist protune is always better and gets more power than anything cobb has to offer, and im ...

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    protune is always better and gets more power than anything cobb has to offer, and im sure xpt as well
    Yes, that's what I said. An xpt is pretty damn good though. You can always get a little more hp from a protune if you have the xpt you're not going to get a lot of extra hp but you'll still have a gain. Just depends on how far the tuner is willing to push it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    300lbs of weight isnt gonna make up for 100whp/wtq difference
    Where do you guys come from? An sti is 200 or so more then the wrx. An sti is around 3300 lbs. I'm about 550 lbs lighter then your car. That also isn't just part of the factor. An sti is also a 6 speed. You have an extra shift and it kills you. If you would like the video let me know. It's mostly me and my buddy with the 300 whp legacy and another friend with an 04 wagon with a couple more mods then me that can't keep up with us. The sti is just one race at the end. All races were from 2nd and I could only go a little into 4th since I had snow tires on and they are speed rated for 90 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0rs View Post
    where do you guys come from? An sti is 200 or so more then the wrx. An sti is around 3300 lbs. I'm about 550 lbs lighter then your car. That also isn't just part of the factor. An sti is also a 6 speed. You have an extra shift and it kills you. If you would like the video let me know. It's mostly me and my buddy with the 300 whp legacy and another friend with an 04 wagon with a couple more mods then me that can't keep up with us. The sti is just one race at the end. All races were from 2nd and i could only go a little into 4th since i had snow tires on and they are speed rated for 90 mph.
    video!
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Couldn't someone just have said

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    His car is a fair bit lighter than yours.

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

[QUOTE=mycologist;2451505]Couldn't someone just have said

[QUOTE=mycologist;2450231]His car is a fair bit lighter than yours.
    Haha, I thought it was pretty obvious what I have. I guess some people haven't picked up on it. I even told lundholm08 in private messages what my car weighed. Guess he still couldn't put two and two together. lol

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    video!
    I'll pm it to those who want it. I think they frown on posting "street racing" vids on here.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Well if you couldn't figure it out from my name. 2.0 RS or even from looking at my profile, or looking at the picture of my avitar where there is a 2.5 Rs in it, I have a swapped Rs. Curb weight on them is 2850 or so. I am not running any ac and also cut out useless wiring and airbags in my car. I dropped 100 lbs. I figured it was pretty easy to figure it out.
    Well, I'm sorry, but the avatar picture is not always what I refer to, and I don't always have the time to go look at your profile, etc. And my name could be "8000hp WRX" but would you believe me? I'm sure turbotwist sports around in that 3 wheeler, uh huh... lol

AC weighs 100lbs?

Wrinklechops
    [quote=2.0Rs;2451509][quote=mycologist;2451505]Couldn't someone just have said

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    His car is a fair bit lighter than yours.

Haha, I thought it was pretty obvious what I have. I guess some people haven't picked up on it. I even told lundholm08 in private messages what my car weighed. Guess he still couldn't put two and two together. lol
    Yea, I'm pretty dumb dude

Wrinklechops
    Yes, that's what I said. An xpt is pretty damn good though. You can always get a little more hp from a protune if you have the xpt you're not going to get a lot of extra hp but you'll still have a gain. Just depends on how far the tuner is willing to push it.
    It's hit or miss, from what I've read. Some people here in Colorado for example dislike both the Cobb and XPT maps because we are at such a high elevation, we really have to get pro-tuned, customized for this altitude (I'm at 7000+ft for example). It really affects boost, fuel, etc.

So as far as XPT vs Protuning goes, I think getting a Protune wins every time, hands down. XPT is still somewhat OTS like Cobb, no?

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Well, I'm sorry, but the avatar picture is not always what I refer to, and I don't always have the time to go look at your profile, etc. And my name could be "8000hp WRX" but would you believe me? I'm sure turbotwist sports around in that 3 wheeler, uh huh... lol

AC weighs 100lbs?
    LMAO!
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

An sti is also a 6 speed. You have an extra shift and it kills you. If you would like the video let me know. It's mostly me and my buddy with the 300 whp legacy and another friend with an 04 wagon with a couple more mods then me that can't keep up with us. The sti is just one race at the end. All races were from 2nd and I could only go a little into 4th since I had snow tires on and they are speed rated for 90 mph.
    So you get to 0-60 a tenth of a second faster and promptly fall behind as every other gear I pull on you by a cars length. Your buddies legacy isnt my STi nor is your friends 04 wagon. Like I originally said, this conversation is pointless unless we're gonna compare slips at the track.
    2006 AW STi

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    So you get to 0-60 a tenth of a second faster and promptly fall behind as every other gear I pull on you by a cars length. Your buddies legacy isnt my STi nor is your friends 04 wagon. Like I originally said, this conversation is pointless unless we're gonna compare slips at the track.
    how about this:

My car smokes both of yours. There now it's settled.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    My F-16 smokes all yo!!!!!11!juan!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    We lost something somewhere...I'm sure we'll try this again later.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.