Jeep SRT8 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jeep SRT8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2.0Rs It claims 11 mpg. That does not sound like a fun bill to pay. No worse ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    It claims 11 mpg. That does not sound like a fun bill to pay.
    No worse than anything else really like a Tahoe, Escalade, Suburban, Explorer/Excursion, Envoy, etc etc. I can't imagine the other HEMI Jeep, the 5.7 one, gets insanely better mileage either...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw one last month on my morning highway commute. Drove together for a few miles. I didn't even think about trying it. No way I would have even come close to the top-end that thing has. It looked like it had some major power. He decided he wanted to get somewhere a bit sooner than planned, and just pulled away like a comet.

If I was in the Goat, however, I might have tried a couple short pulls
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I saw one last month on my morning highway commute. Drove together for a few miles. I didn't even think about trying it. No way I would have even come close to the top-end that thing has. It looked like it had some major power. He decided he wanted to get somewhere a bit sooner than planned, and just pulled away like a comet.

If I was in the Goat, however, I might have tried a couple short pulls
    with the numbers your wrx puts up I definately would have run him

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    with the numbers your wrx puts up I definately would have run him
    Yea that would be interesting. He's got 100hp on you (stock) but also 1000lbs lol

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Yea that would be interesting. He's got 100hp on you (stock) but also 1000lbs lol
    and 3.6 more liters.....+ highway= .......
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    and 3.6 more liters.....+ highway= .......
    that's what I was thinkin', top-end would be tricky. Plus, those kind of matchups don't prove much and can get out of hand, speed-wise.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    that's what I was thinkin', top-end would be tricky. Plus, those kind of matchups don't prove much and can get out of hand, speed-wise.
    Aye. That reminds me of when I hit 130 chasing an Audi S4 down a mountain side. I was an idiot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Aye. That reminds me of when I hit 130 chasing an Audi S4 down a mountain side. I was an idiot.

Young dumb and full of... vinegar.

my dumb ass definitely went 156 in my Stage 2 06. (That's what the AccessPORT read anyways...)

I was on an abandoned desert road in the middle of the mojave national park, but that was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

Young dumb and full of... vinegar.

my dumb ass definitely went 156 in my Stage 2 06. (That's what the AccessPORT read anyways...)

I was on an abandoned desert road in the middle of the mojave national park, but that was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done.
    What was the hurry man? lol

I Support ClubWRX
    What was the hurry man? lol
    Honestly? I was late on the way to vegas, so I cut through the national park.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    That is a possibility I've considered, but it still doesnt make me think the SRT-8 is teh slow.
    I don't consider my car fast either. I don't think it's slow, I just don't see it being anything special.

No worse than anything else really like a Tahoe, Escalade, Suburban, Explorer/Excursion, Envoy, etc etc. I can't imagine the other HEMI Jeep, the 5.7 one, gets insanely better mileage either...
    My friends Liberty got a cool 14/15 mpg. He doesn't hook up his car or mess around. Drives it like an old man. Absolutely horrible. His Magnum gets slightly better but I think that's a 6 cylinder? Whatever their downgraded engine is now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I don't consider my car fast either. I don't think it's slow, I just don't see it being anything special.
    TBH i dont think your 2.0 is faster. But we prolly wont ever find out so I didnt bother.
    2006 AW STi

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    TBH i dont think your 2.0 is faster. But we prolly wont ever find out so I didnt bother.
    You know, as I get to modding my car and going through the "Stages" if you will, and playing with potential HP and TQ numbers, I start to sort of find myself drifting off...dreaming of the land of the 2.5....

do they still make the srt8 jeep anymore? I cant imagine they will anymore the way things are going for jeep.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast