Jeep SRT8 - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jeep SRT8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by lundholm08 Well I know these mean nothing, but I like watching videos of this kind of stuff ...

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Well I know these mean nothing, but I like watching videos of this kind of stuff so I found some STi's and SRT8's....

YouTube - wrx vs srt8 part 2

YouTube - WRX STi vs Jeep SRT 8 part 4

YouTube - Jeep SRT-8 VS. Subaru STI

I like this the best possibly:

YouTube - STI vs. Jeep SRT-8

STi (Stage 2 to boot!) seems to launch better, taking the lead until maybe about 2-3 gear...then somehow that big slow looking beast of a Jeep just keeps on going lol!
    Wow I'm impressed. I never knew the SRT-8 jeeps were that fast.

Do they come in automatic only?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post

Yes but it does have the sport shifter option on it, but I don't think it matters because those things just go.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by obp05mtx View Post
    Yes but it does have the sport shifter option on it, but I don't think it matters because those things just go.
    +1! No manual tranny or sport shifter needed when you have 420 ponies pumping you forward. 4WD too so it wouldn't be too bad in the snow....

I went up against one of those monsters just a couple weekends ago at the local track here called 75-80. I'm currently running cobb apv2 stage 2 maps on my sti and the first run I finished a tenth of a second faster then the srt-8 STOCK. Those cars are monstrous, you dont even need to use the tiptronic. Just leave that ***** in automatic and slam the gas. The second time we got matched up together he actually beat me because I had a bad launch, it was pretty embarrassing lol.
    2006 AW STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    I went up against one of those monsters just a couple weekends ago at the local track here called 75-80. I'm currently running cobb apv2 stage 2 maps on my sti and the first run I finished a tenth of a second faster then the srt-8 STOCK. Those cars are monstrous, you dont even need to use the tiptronic. Just leave that ***** in automatic and slam the gas. The second time we got matched up together he actually beat me because I had a bad launch, it was pretty embarrassing lol.
    If it was a rwd car just imagine what the 4wd would be like.

I knew this one guy with an srt8 one time ...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    If it was a rwd car just imagine what the 4wd would be like.

I knew this one guy with an srt8 one time ...
    That is a lovely charger u got there

And sexy Sti as well
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I Support ClubWRX

And sexy Sti as well
    Thanks
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Wrinklechops

And sexy Sti as well
    I was about to say... both still owned and operated? I envy thee!

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I like this the best possibly:

YouTube - STI vs. Jeep SRT-8

STi (Stage 2 to boot!) seems to launch better, taking the lead until maybe about 2-3 gear...then somehow that big slow looking beast of a Jeep just keeps on going lol!
    The Jeep in the last run had heads/cam which is hardly near stock. You're talking another 100+ whp.

BTW, I may add a Magnum SRT8 as a work vehicle
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

they arent stock, the one in the "best" video you have had heads cam and bolt ons. It's making well over 500 hp. the one with the modded black sti, the kid doesnt launch for crap, and the top video the srt8 has full bolt ons.
    Last edited by turbotwist; 04-12-2009 at 08:16 PM.

I don't think I'd have to much problem with one. Doesn't seem that fast really.

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    they arent stock, the one in the "best" video you have had heads cam and bolt ons. It's making well over 500 hp. the one with the modded black sti, the kid doesnt launch for crap, and the top video the srt8 has full bolt ons.
    The original poster thinks they are all stock and that's why he posted them. It's kind of his thing is coming up with race stories, or senerio's with his car, then he posts vids of the wrx loosing to whatever car he likes at that time. Kinda seems a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I don't think I'd have to much problem with one. Doesn't seem that fast really.
    Sub 13 second quarter mile isnt fast?
    2006 AW STi

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    The original poster thinks they are all stock and that's why he posted them. It's kind of his thing is coming up with race stories, or senerio's with his car, then he posts vids of the wrx loosing to whatever car he likes at that time. Kinda seems a little weird.
    Do you honestly think I was intentionally searching for nothing but Jeeps owning STis?

No.

I had a hard time finding STi's beating the Jeeps. That is why i posted this thread, to see who has had experiences beating one, etc.

I'm sorry I didn't research it enough to know those were modded Jeeps, my bad.

But honestly, 2.0, I would like to see you race a stock SRT8, then get back with me/us. I don't mean it in an offensive way, but seriously man those Jeeps are not slow by any means. Do you think you could beat one? Seriously?

Do me a favor please, find me all the posts by me where I come up with this "weird" scenarios of cars losing to others? What other stories are you thinking of, besides the issue with Audi's S4, S6, etc etc? And also, I am obviously not considering my car in any type of race whatsoever as currently I am only a weak Stage 1, nothing to write home about. I don't have the massive power you do...
    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 04-12-2009 at 09:07 PM.

lundholm, dont worry about it. He's speaking out his ass. I own an sti with many of the exact same supporting mods as he does and I'm telling you that those cars are fast as ****. I'm actually not sure whether the srt-8 I raced at the track was in fact stock. He could have had headers n exhaust work done that I didnt know about but his car was by no means slow. Sure I beat him off the line but man once we started going through gears he started pulling like a mother ****er.
    2006 AW STi

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.