STI/WRIX #'s vs. attached list (GT 500, Challenger...)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STI/WRIX #'s vs. attached list (GT 500, Challenger...) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just remembered I had started a spec sheet on some interesting / relatively affordable ("relative" meaning no P cars, ...

STI/WRIX #'s vs. attached list (GT 500, Challenger...)

I just remembered I had started a spec sheet on some interesting / relatively affordable ("relative" meaning no P cars, etc... lol)...

Can someone post up the corresponding #'s for the sti / wrx? We can discuss the comparisons as we go on.

MODEL ...... Eng Displmnt......... HP/Torque
    Challenger SRT8 .... 6.1 ............. 425/420
    Charger R/T .... 5.7 ......... 350 / 390
    Charger SRT8 .... 6.1.......... 425/420
    Cobra (03/04) .... 4.6 s/c......... 410/390
    Shelby GT500 .... 5.4 s/c........... 500 / 480
    Ram SRT10 ..... 8.0 ............ 500 / 525
    My Mustang GT 04 ...... 4.6 ........... 260 / 302

How I picked that list? Just some cars in a price range I could potentially buy in the future, $25K - $30K, which is the range I think for a newer STI used?

The one main denominator they all have is fuel economy
    Last edited by alexlakeman; 04-07-2009 at 08:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

used c5 z06 should be on that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    used c5 z06 should be on that list as well.
    Definitely ! Well within that price range... I just didn't "personally" included since my two offspring don't fit in there

What about something different? Check out a 2003-ish Mercedes CL55 AMG (coupe) or S55 AMG (sedan). 495hp/515tq supercharged v8. You can find clean examples for just under $30k.

They can be maintenance wh*res (I can't believe the board censors the that word!) but they're still on my "one day" radar. I'll probably get an S65 -- the 605hp/740tq twin turbo v12 version. I always start thinking about new cars right when I'm dropping cash into the current ride. My Legacy will be done soon and it has a whopping 17k miles on it
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    What about something different? Check out a 2003-ish Mercedes CL55 AMG (coupe) or S55 AMG (sedan). 495hp/515tq supercharged v8. You can find clean examples for just under $30k.

They can be maintenance wh*res (I can't believe the board censors the that word!) but they're still on my "one day" radar. I'll probably get an S65 -- the 605hp/740tq twin turbo v12 version. I always start thinking about new cars right when I'm dropping cash into the current ride. My Legacy will be done soon and it has a whopping 17k miles on it
    You have a point , but one trip to the mechanic and you're toast ... I've had two Mercedes 94 & 02 E320's... and sometimes it would be veryyyyyyyy stressfull when I got the call from the shop on a repair, it was always a $400+ trip ... so not really a street racer car per-say, but yes very fast, I like the CLK 55 myself

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    They can be maintenance wh*res (I can't believe the board censors the that word!)
    bunch of religious fanatics maybe?:

I paid 28,800 out the door for my 08 STI. What a great program that was.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.