Has a Mustang beat you recently?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Has a Mustang beat you recently? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, hopefully the title made you open my post .... new user here, and drive an 04 Mustang GT, 5 ...

Smile Has a Mustang beat you recently?

Ok, hopefully the title made you open my post .... new user here, and drive an 04 Mustang GT, 5 spd, and n20....

Anyways, on to my question... I've raced STi's/wrx's a couple times on the street and got beat, no n20 at the time ...

So, now I've installed my n20.. initially with a 100 shot, and plan on safely go up to a 150 shot ... have any of you raced a Mustang on spray? Outcome?

I am basically wondering wtf it takes for a mustang to beat a wrx on the street...

ROI, I am ok, as I bought the car last year with 30K miles for about $14K, so, before I hit the price tag of a wrx, I could do alot of modding, but don't want to , just want to keep it simple...

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    i think you should buy a wrx
    ...have thought about it, but I only have $15K (purchase price) into my GT...trade is $8K or $9K in today's market... and an STI (used) is low - mid twenties... the spread is too much , especially in today's economy...
    Last edited by alexlakeman; 04-06-2009 at 05:03 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I dunno. The only Mustang that's ever taken me was a nice and loud Terminator.

i think you should buy a wrx

lol ive never lost to a mustang to think of it. i dont race too much but at the track when i do race half the people are mustangs and ive never lost to one. when one with the right mods comes along, im sure it will. a 150 shot might do it in terms of a wrx. but probably not an sti.
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

I Support ClubWRX
    Never have... Actually I was pretty disappointed by how much I beat the last GT played with...

Never played with a GT on spray though...

That stuff has always scared me, I'd rather end up with methanol injection...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by alexlakeman View Post
    Ok, hopefully the title made you open my post .... new user here, and drive an 04 Mustang GT, 5 spd, and n20....

Anyways, on to my question... I've raced STi's/wrx's a couple times on the street and got beat, no n20 at the time ...

So, now I've installed my n20.. initially with a 100 shot, and plan on safely go up to a 150 shot ... have any of you raced a Mustang on spray? Outcome?

I am basically wondering wtf it takes for a mustang to beat a wrx on the street...

ROI, I am ok, as I bought the car last year with 30K miles for about $14K, so, before I hit the price tag of a wrx, I could do alot of modding, but don't want to , just want to keep it simple...

thoughts?
    spraying = cheating in my eyes....
    it's like saying: would you fight someone on steroids
    00 Black Honda Civic Si Stolen RIP
    04 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX

kill thieves:

but i do think mustangs are sweeeeeeeeet
    00 Black Honda Civic Si Stolen RIP
    04 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX

kill thieves:

See I was confused... The STI is the one with the big wing on the back (nice looking)..

You guys have how much hp stock? IF you have 300 to the crank, it's not that far off the GT's, so I can undertsand why so fast...lol I am going to search around the forum to see the basic mods you all have and how significant it is in hp.

As for the GT, you have stock , 265 or so...plus spray 125 = 390...

Or, stock 265 +bolt ons = I guess around 300...

I imagine with just a cai and a boost increase, you guys make a big gain? Intercooler? It's already intercooled from factory...

Hey, i am admitting the subarus I raced were quick.... ahh, but nothing beats the sound of a V8 exhaust
    Last edited by alexlakeman; 04-06-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlakeman View Post
    See I was confused... The STI is the one with the big wing on the back (nice looking)..
    not always. there is a limited sti that comes with a very small discreet spoiler.

on the reverse side, a lot of wrx's put sti spoilers on their cars.

You guys have how much hp stock?
    300 to the crank... about 240ish to the wheels.

I am going to search around the forum to see the basic mods you all have and how significant it is in hp.
    a basic stage 2 set up (turboback exhaust + a tune)
    will yeild roughly 300 WHP (all numbers of course will vary depending on weather conditions, what kind of dyno, blah blah blah)

I imagine with just a cai and a boost increase, you guys make a big gain? Intercooler? It's already intercooled from factory...
    with our cars, we cannot just "increase the boost" safely. increased boost comes with supporting mods. (as mentioned above) a stage 2 set up can get your target boost anywhere between 17-18psi

as far as the CAI, there is much debate on that. if you have supporting mods and a tune for it- it could give you some extra HP. if you're stock and just throw it on- you probably wont see much

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    In 7 years of ownership, through 2 WRX's, with varying states of modification, I have never, EVER, lost to a Mustang.

I should probably add that I don't streetrace.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I haven't tried yet with my WRX, but I did have an '05 Mustang GT with catless x-pipe, intake, LCA's, drag radials, and a 93 tune and I don't think I EVER LOST to a WRX unless it was HEAVILY modified. (I'm talking about STi's, of course)

The '04 and previous years of the GT's just don't get it as hard as the '05+ do, unfortunately. And now, not only the STI is going to be a contender against Mustangs, the regular WRX is too. I swear, my 09 rex is just as fast if not faster than my 05 GT was stock. It's incredible. A few sites out there have even claimed the WRX is faster than the new STI, and I've seen some crazy stock dyno numbers. I think it's underrated by Subaru so they can sell more STI's. lol
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

I lost to my buddies GT when I was stock.. but he had exhaust/chip + nitrous. Think he ran high 12s with that set up.

btw, if you want to be a wrx off the red light install some AWD.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    I lost to my buddies GT when I was stock.. but he had exhaust/chip + nitrous. Think he ran high 12s with that set up.

Drag radials and LCA's get the job done nicely too. I was running 1.7 60 foots with that setup. It was a little different on the street, but I still outlaunched my buddy's 06 STI.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post

High 12's with N2o is pretty bad. I was running 12.7 @ 107 without any FI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
    High 12's with N2o is pretty bad. I was running 12.7 @ 107 without any FI.
    Don't forget to account for altitude... we don't know what altitude both were run at.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.