Has a Mustang beat you recently? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Has a Mustang beat you recently? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; brb, gotta fill up on race gas so I has more power....

brb, gotta fill up on race gas so I has more power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    brb, gotta fill up on race gas so I has more power.
    ditto. l luv how subaru finally got off there ass and gave the reg wrx some go. a bugeye could never hang with a gt from a roll. in stock form.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by therat1989 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm not bashing on any car.(Trust me I'd rather have a new WRX than my old GT lol) My friend just bought a new 2009WRX. I love it! Heres proof that a 2v GT can win.(Although it is close) We raced a few times but for a bone stock car that WRX is awesome. I win from every race except for a 3rd gear at 50. His turbo spooled up before my car got into its meaty power range and he beat me. Granted I was a gear down from what I should have been. This makes me curious. What do your gears run out at? I know mine is
    1st=40 2nd=65 3rd=100 4th=130 and 5th..well 153 at 4100rpm lol

youtube.com/watch?v=k5OIk1TDygE

Sorry I cannot link it as I am a newbie still and am walking out the door. I'll link it after I get 3 new posts.

My car has Intake headers and exhaust. His car is bone stock. Just bought it that day. There will be a rematch soon.
    and as for times I only know my 1/8 mile. I ran an 8.71@80mph on street tires. Not sure what a full launch out of you guys is but I'm sure it is good. Anyways enjoy the vid guys and there will be updated vids soon.

I guess your friend isn't a believer in breaking in a new car...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by therat1989 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm not bashing on any car.(Trust me I'd rather have a new WRX than my old GT lol) My friend just bought a new 2009WRX. I love it! Heres proof that a 2v GT can win.(Although it is close) We raced a few times but for a bone stock car that WRX is awesome. I win from every race except for a 3rd gear at 50. His turbo spooled up before my car got into its meaty power range and he beat me. Granted I was a gear down from what I should have been. This makes me curious. What do your gears run out at? I know mine is
    1st=40 2nd=65 3rd=100 4th=130 and 5th..well 153 at 4100rpm lol

youtube.com/watch?v=k5OIk1TDygE

Sorry I cannot link it as I am a newbie still and am walking out the door. I'll link it after I get 3 new posts.

My car has Intake headers and exhaust. His car is bone stock. Just bought it that day. There will be a rematch soon.
    and as for times I only know my 1/8 mile. I ran an 8.71@80mph on street tires. Not sure what a full launch out of you guys is but I'm sure it is good. Anyways enjoy the vid guys and there will be updated vids soon.
    I guess the 09 owner is a newbie cuz my 02 isn't too far behind your mildly modded V8 in the 1/8 mile. I like seeing guys like you on the highway, you think that cuz you have a V8 you will own whatever pulls up next to you... nice try... BTW
    Turbo was invented to give cars with V8 a head start
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    I guess the 09 owner is a newbie cuz my 02 isn't too far behind your mildly modded V8 in the 1/8 mile. I like seeing guys like you on the highway, you think that cuz you have a V8 you will own whatever pulls up next to you... nice try... BTW
    Turbo was invented to give cars with V8 a head start
    Turbos weren't invented with any automotive purpose in mind.

I Support ClubWRX
    They were invented to negate air pressure losses experienced by piston combustion engines at altitude.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I like seeing guys like you on the highway, you think that cuz you have a V8 you will own whatever pulls up next to you... nice try...
    This attitude gives us in the tuner world a bad rap.

At the drag strip there is a lot of camaraderie between all different cars... I had a corvette owner that hadn't ever dragged before come up to me, and ask me how the hell our little 4 cylinders were getting such amazing times compared to his 50k dollar car. At the same time, I conversed with a lot of mustang, camaro, corvette, Evo, STi, etc owners. It's great to learn about other technologies, and other platforms.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    This attitude gives us in the tuner world a bad rap.

At the drag strip there is a lot of camaraderie between all different cars... I had a corvette owner that hadn't ever dragged before come up to me, and ask me how the hell our little 4 cylinders were getting such amazing times compared to his 50k dollar car. At the same time, I conversed with a lot of mustang, camaro, corvette, Evo, STi, etc owners. It's great to learn about other technologies, and other platforms.
    Well said. It doesn't make sense to feel animosity towards another car because of the number of cylinders it has.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I didn't mean to stir up any kind of retaliation from you. I was merely showing you that the new WRX is a force to be reckoned with. A stock car doing that good against a Mustang GT is very good. and with a few basic bolt ons the roles will be reversed. I find that very impressive. I think another reason I pulled was because I don't lose alot of power between gears. A turbo does. I can't wait until the next time me and him get together. Even though I'll lose.

and for your info the 09 driver is not a newbie nor am I. I drove my friend bone stock Bug eye at the strip and got a 8.9 out of it o I know there is potential there. Don't turn this into an import vs domestic war. Imports win by default as you all have the Supra.
    Last edited by therat1989; 06-25-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Really i had no idea...

I live in a town where every1 and there mom drives a mustang and tries to race all the time and always revin and anything thats not a mustang.
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Really i had no idea...

I live in a town where every1 and there mom drives a mustang and tries to race all the time and always revin and anything thats not a mustang.
    That's what I figured.

I live in a town where every other kids parents have bought them an import and they think because its lightly modded it's quick and go around revving on everything from accords to vipers. I also have a unicorn.

I've had run-ins with several mustangs over the 5 year course of owning my car. I also have a handful of friends with mustangs as well.

My car = 2002 WRX, Stage2 + protune @ 17psi

Here's what I've gathered thus far in my experience:

- My buddies 96 GT @ stock = Not even worth racing.

- Same car but now with header, full exhaust, intake = Not even close. He sorta kept up from a roll but once my 3rd gear was fully spooled I just kept putting distance on him.

- 2002 GT stock = Not even close from a stand-still, was able to put about 3 cars on him from a roll of 30-90

- Same 2002 GT with exhaust bolt ons and cam = Pretty close from a dig. I don't really like launching my car hard so he was right with me from the start and I had a nose on him up to top of 3rd gear. If we had hit 4th I think he would taken the advantage. From a roll he took me by a couple cars. I think at the track he was trapping 106 or so with those mods.

- Mach 1 = took me from a roll. I think I could have had him from a dig but I didn't wanna have to launch at 4k.
    He later upgraded to a full bolt-on set and I didn't want to bother. He was running with stock terminators so I didn't see the point.

- Terminator with pulley and exhaust work = This was just for fun. My buddy got some new mods for his car and we decided to mess around. It was brutal. I felt like my car was standing still.
    He eventually upgraded to a KB and now runs with Vipers
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by brianh View Post

i also have a unicorn.
    me too!!

That's what I figured.

I live in a town where every other kids parents have bought them an import and they think because its lightly modded it's quick and go around revving on everything from accords to vipers. I also have a unicorn.

You live in Dillsburg too? Lol!

Man my friend with a 09 GT would love this thread. He knows I love wrx's and he love Evo's but he says noway a 04 rex with stg2 mods can beat his stock auto gt. But what evere his car looks pretty good,sounds good and chicks seem to love his car more than anything so he should be happy.

But, I really hope I can beat his stang oneday, just to see his face.

I love Cobras too, those things are just brutal and i love the way how they just hit 150mph without even trying hard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.