Has a Mustang beat you recently? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Has a Mustang beat you recently? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by never_enough I am asking only 16k, built mtr.(and many many more upgrades) able to handle 950+whp with ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by never_enough View Post
    I am asking only 16k, built mtr.(and many many more upgrades) able to handle 950+whp with supporting mods.car tuned on a conservative 10psi making 504whp
    tempting.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Hey i was reading around and i decided to sign up to post here. I drive a 04 mach 1. Its basically a cobra but with no supercharger and aluminum block along with some other differences.

My friend just got an 09 wrx and has i think stage 2 cobb with tbe and a bov, I haven't raced him yet but he claims he has 353 whp and i only have about 300. I have only raced 2 subarus, one was a stock 07, i think, wrx with a catback and the other was i think an 02 with tbe and a bov running about 17 pounds. I pulled pretty good on both of them but it was only a second gear pull from 30, no races from a dig or anything past 70mph.

The new WRXs look pretty stout and seems like my friends 09 will beat me but only a race will tell.

To the op, if you want to keep the stang, i would get some long tube headers, some 4:10 gears and a tune, that will get you some pretty good power. As for nitrous, our blocks will hold up fine to a 125 shot with a good tune, just dont go crazy with it. Also, I dont see using nitrous as cheating, its a modification people pay money for to get a performance boost, just like any other modification. If nitrous is cheep, then boost is cheep, thats just the way i see it.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. btw i like your guy's forum here, finally decided to register and post

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

At the drag strip a couple weeks ago.. there wasn't a single cobra that held a candle to the WRXs. There was a JR edition that hauled ass though, and a 5.0 that was running 10's!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonARGY View Post
    Hey i was reading around and i decided to sign up to post here. I drive a 04 mach 1. Its basically a cobra but with no supercharger and aluminum block along with some other differences.

My friend just got an 09 wrx and has i think stage 2 cobb with tbe and a bov, I haven't raced him yet but he claims he has 353 whp and i only have about 300. I have only raced 2 subarus, one was a stock 07, i think, wrx with a catback and the other was i think an 02 with tbe and a bov running about 17 pounds. I pulled pretty good on both of them but it was only a second gear pull from 30, no races from a dig or anything past 70mph.

The new WRXs look pretty stout and seems like my friends 09 will beat me but only a race will tell.

To the op, if you want to keep the stang, i would get some long tube headers, some 4:10 gears and a tune, that will get you some pretty good power. As for nitrous, our blocks will hold up fine to a 125 shot with a good tune, just dont go crazy with it. Also, I dont see using nitrous as cheating, its a modification people pay money for to get a performance boost, just like any other modification. If nitrous is cheep, then boost is cheep, thats just the way i see it.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. btw i like your guy's forum here, finally decided to register and post
    Well a Mach 1 is NOT basically a Cobra, but...

Your buddy with a Stage 2 2009 WRX is not putting out 353whp, I would guess he is hitting above 250whp. The 2009 WRX is a better performing stock car then the 08s, but a 353whp is something in the realm of a STI with decent exhaust, a protune, and the boost turned up to 20lb PSI on the stock turbo.

I say go for it... I really like the looks of the later Mach 1's

BTW, I've never lost to a Mustang, WRX, or STI in my car... but that's the Goat In fact I've never lost to any car yet in the GTO. But, I'm not bragging, there are faster cars out there then mine...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

ha i beat a gt about 4 days ago, off a 40 roll,it did sound kinda mean ,he had his girl with him so i had to show him up haha, gave him a thumbs up after though,and his girl blew a kiss at me ha

My lowly 2v GT + a Vortech supercharger:

on street tires:
    YouTube - 0-125mph in a supercharged mustang

with slicks:
    YouTube - Supercharged 99 Mustang GT
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    do you have any times to post?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    do you have any times to post?
    ...not sure if that was meant for me, but the 1st video was a 12 flat, and the 2nd video was 11.6x. Best ever was 11.30's at 126.

My ET in the 2nd video would have been 11.30-ish, if it didn't stumble in 4th. The 60' time in the 2nd video was 1.511.
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I was neck and neck today with a 99 Style GT today.

It's funny how a v8 can't pull away for a tiny 2.0L

Damn you just flew from 100 to 125 like it was 30 to 55.. what do you figure your top speed is on it?
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    Damn you just flew from 100 to 125 like it was 30 to 55.. what do you figure your top speed is on it?
    I haven't tried it and don't intend to. MMFF tried it with a similar mustang with the same blower, and it topped out at 172 mph. I'm making about 100 whp more than the car in article, so I would guess maybe 5-10 mph above that. The gears are tall enough to take me past 190, but I'm sure that the top speed is drag limited.
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

i've only lost to one GT de fnot stock but dunno what all was done to it, but it had new front end 05+ and older rear end 02+ i guess? It was from like a 40 roll and i hung decently lost by like half a car but i had a tbe but only running stock psi at the time. But never lost to a pre 05 gt.

Smile It can be done!

Hey guys. I'm not bashing on any car.(Trust me I'd rather have a new WRX than my old GT lol) My friend just bought a new 2009WRX. I love it! Heres proof that a 2v GT can win.(Although it is close) We raced a few times but for a bone stock car that WRX is awesome. I win from every race except for a 3rd gear at 50. His turbo spooled up before my car got into its meaty power range and he beat me. Granted I was a gear down from what I should have been. This makes me curious. What do your gears run out at? I know mine is
    1st=40 2nd=65 3rd=100 4th=130 and 5th..well 153 at 4100rpm lol

youtube.com/watch?v=k5OIk1TDygE

Sorry I cannot link it as I am a newbie still and am walking out the door. I'll link it after I get 3 new posts.

My car has Intake headers and exhaust. His car is bone stock. Just bought it that day. There will be a rematch soon.
    and as for times I only know my 1/8 mile. I ran an 8.71@80mph on street tires. Not sure what a full launch out of you guys is but I'm sure it is good. Anyways enjoy the vid guys and there will be updated vids soon.
    Last edited by therat1989; 06-24-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sim0n View Post
    spraying = cheating in my eyes....
    it's like saying: would you fight someone on steroids
    lol he makes a good point.

i havent raced any mustangs, im not really a fan of them(well the new ones i LOVE the og 72's) but i do love the cobras :drools:
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.