Evo lite!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo lite! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anyone had a run in with a 09 Lancer Ralliart. Saw one out Sunday after getting my oil changed. ...

Evo lite!

Has anyone had a run in with a 09 Lancer Ralliart. Saw one out Sunday after getting my oil changed. Ran a couple of times,1st run 1 1/2 cars 2nd run better launch at least 3 cars. Driver said his only mod was a DP but his budy driving behind had said earlier he was boosting 21PSI . I'm not sure but anyhow tha kid was really nice and his car was really clean looking. Sorry my title is a quote from SCC, but it sounded cool I thought anyway. Ha Ha!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So...who won? And what were you driving?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

my friend has one. he told me his tunner sayed he can boost up to 22psi no tune with a manual boost controller. but don't hold me to that.

From Mitsu's Website: Lancer Ralliart

The new Lancer Ralliart is powered by a 237-horsepower, 2.0-liter, DOHC MIVEC, turbocharged and intercooled engine coupled with a TC-SST gearbox that allows you to execute ultra-quick, silky-smooth, paddle-actuated shifts. And to transfer that power to the pavement, the full-time, all-wheel drive Lancer Ralliart utilizes a proprietary All-Wheel Control (AWC) system based on the Mitsubishi Active Center Differential (ACD), which uses an electronically controlled, multi-plate clutch center differential to distribute drive torque between the front and rear wheels in response to driving conditions. The system is controlled by the Mitsubishi AWC computer, which takes input from a variety of engine and wheel speed sensors, G-force sensors and steering angle sensor information that, in less scientific terms, delivers one heck of a driving experience.

A friend of mine told me a friend of his has one and its pretty fast stock...Wonder how nice the twin clutch system really is...

Thumbs down

I think they look great, but why in the hell can't you get it w/ a manual! I have paddle shifters now, and let me tell you, the fun factor wears off real quick. Lame!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have no direct experience driving one, but most of the magazine reviews see this car as more of a "Lancer Plus", than an "Evo Lite". Apparently the suspension components aren't on the same level as the Evo.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

i heard that the ralliart is not that mod-able and that mitsubishi made sure that you cant just swap evo turbocharger in it to make more power. but im not 100% sure on this.

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    So...who won? And what were you driving?
    ME and Please see profile. J/K 05 STI.

A friend of mine told me a friend of his has one and its pretty fast stock...Wonder how nice the twin clutch system really is...[/QUOTE]

The car was quick in my opinion for being basiclly stock. The guy said he had outrun an SRT-4, didn't say if it was modded or not.I think that would give it some credabillity as being quick, givin they are equal driver's.

I know a kid w/ an 04 (i think) lancer ralliart, its a decent car, kind of ugly.
    ** The Blobeye Syndicate ** #511
    Dirty Crew #6
    -05 WRX-

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnickyo View Post
    I know a kid w/ an 04 (i think) lancer ralliart, its a decent car, kind of ugly.
    Until recently the ralliart has been a sticker/body kit model...slow.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Until recently the ralliart has been a sticker/body kit model...slow.
    ture, doesnt it have a larger engine than the evo tho, just like not as high preformance?
    ** The Blobeye Syndicate ** #511
    Dirty Crew #6
    -05 WRX-

I Support ClubWRX
    ture, doesnt it have a larger engine than the evo tho, just like not as high preformance?
    From what I read, it wasn't one iota quicker than a standard Lancer. At the time, it was regarded as being a bit of a scam.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure...but the 2.5RS had a larger engine then the 02-05 WRX and wasnt even on the same playing field.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by obp05mtx View Post
    Has anyone had a run in with a 09 Lancer Ralliart. Saw one out Sunday after getting my oil changed. Ran a couple of times,1st run 1 1/2 cars 2nd run better launch at least 3 cars. Driver said his only mod was a DP but his budy driving behind had said earlier he was boosting 21PSI . I'm not sure but anyhow tha kid was really nice and his car was really clean looking. Sorry my title is a quote from SCC, but it sounded cool I thought anyway. Ha Ha!
    With a stock 05 STi, this would have been about what you would expect in a race with the last model stock Evo, so that is pretty good for the ralliart.

Overpriced though...imho.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast