0-60 time? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 0-60 time? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Laffusillybare It all depends on how you launch it, I've launched my sti a few times and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    It all depends on how you launch it, I've launched my sti a few times and gotten tons of wheel spin.
    Massive wheelspin isn't a problem in my WRX; I don't have enough engine to get that effect.
    Or maybe I'm just way gentle.

My old WRX with the VF34 swap was a different story. Pulling out into traffic and feeling the traction slip during the shift to 2nd was fun. But then I suppose that's not doing my tranny any favors, either.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    I doubt their time. Considering every other single magazine that reviewed the car had faster 1/4 mile times with the STi. But like I said, fortunately for 10,000 dollars more you get more then the ability to drive in a straight line very fast.
    C&D gets the quickest, most consistent times from all cars tested. Like mentioned before they run two directions and take the average time. Motor trend usually is the fastest out of all mag's i'm not sure why..maybe they use their butt dyno's? I came out of a 07 STI..and this 09 makes the transition VERY easy, in straight line it's hard to tell...of course it's not as sharp and the shift linkage was poor but I replaced that right away. In daily driving it was hard to justify in this case about 6-7g's diffrence. when the sti becomes as diffrent from a "regular" wrx as it used to be then I'll be back. Side note, personally...the SI-drive is useless. Sti's should have one "speed" or map whatever..the SI-drive to me exemplifies the problem with the new sti. it needs to have a gutted interior,lite as possibly and more power...to me thats a STI..oh yeah and one agressive map! If a potential Sti owner wants cush..go get a evo BTW this 09 is my 3rd rex, got a little to compare it to

So if launched right you should just get the slight roll forward into full on jet take off effect, never losing traction. On the 09 it kinda sounds like a Star Wars pod racer taking off.
    Last edited by Guero; 11-01-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    So if launched right you should just get the slight roll forward into full on jet take off effect, never losing traction.
    Depends on your power and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only reason it gains more HP than 08 is because they put the SPT exhaust and tune it, costs more.

nope the 09 does not come with a SPT exhaust

it has an upgraded turbo which gives it the extra horse power the 09 is a whole new beast but the turbo can be purchased for an 08

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    So if launched right you should just get the slight roll forward into full on jet take off effect, never losing traction. On the 09 it kinda sounds like a Star Wars pod racer taking off.
    and that pod racer sound is stif end cluch feathering, just short of final hook up, you can get 4.7, but when I have I did smell a bit o' the cluch...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Ouch.

I should mention that a couple of my best (male) friends can't drive a stick. Both are younger than me...is this a trend? When I was in high school, it seemed like 80% of the guys around me could drive a manual. Is it the same these days?
    Yep, sadly you are pretty right on in your suspicion. I'm twenty and many of my close friends drive stick, but this is just cause they are my close friends and have similar interests in cars as I. The majority of my guy friends can't drive stick Hahah makes it easy to say no when they ask to drive my car.
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.