0-60 time? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 0-60 time? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Laffusillybare C&D is wrong Which is why I said "depends on who you read". Edmunds could be ...

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    C&D is wrong
    Which is why I said "depends on who you read". Edmunds could be crappy drivers, lol.

C&D did state that the way they launched it was a redline clutch slip and did not recommend it. I honestly don't doubt their time. The weight of the car and the stock dyno numbers I've seen all add up to a possible 13.5 run fairly easily. With AWD, that sounds like a mid-high 4 second 0-60, especially with the 5 speed.

There's also a video on YouTube of professional drivers testing the 08 vs the 09 WRX, and the 08 got 14.3, where the 09 got 13.3. Here's the link:

YouTube - CarAdvice.com.au - Subaru Impreza WRX - '08 WRX vs '09 WRX Drag Strip Run

Regardless, it doesn't matter. :P My butt dyno says this thing is as fast or faster than my friend's 07 STI. lol
    Last edited by Cicatrize; 04-14-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
    Which is why I said "depends on who you read". Edmunds could be crappy drivers, lol.

C&D did state that the way they launched it was a redline clutch slip and did not recommend it. I honestly don't doubt their time. The weight of the car and the stock dyno numbers I've seen all add up to a possible 13.5 run fairly easily. With AWD, that sounds like a mid-high 4 second 0-60, especially with the 5 speed.

There's also a video on YouTube of professional drivers testing the 08 vs the 09 WRX, and the 08 got 14.3, where the 09 got 13.3. Here's the link:

YouTube - CarAdvice.com.au - Subaru Impreza WRX - '08 WRX vs '09 WRX Drag Strip Run

Regardless, it doesn't matter. :P My butt dyno says this thing is as fast or faster than my friend's 07 STI. lol
    I doubt their time. Considering every other single magazine that reviewed the car had faster 1/4 mile times with the STi. But like I said, fortunately for 10,000 dollars more you get more then the ability to drive in a straight line very fast.
    2006 AW STi

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    But like I said, fortunately for 10,000 dollars more you get more then the ability to drive in a straight line very fast.
    Definitely true, and if I were more into rally or auto-x...or had the ability to be (lol), I probably would've gone with the STI. I'm a drag racer first and foremost.

However, they did borrow a lot of the suspension from the STI this year, but still not as good, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    we all know you drive a 4eat and lie about it
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    i've never owned an automatic, but... if you say so!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, im sexist.
    Please treat the female members of our forum with respect. Joking around is one thing..if the sexism gets to the point where folks like Dez are feeling personally insulted, there will be problems.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

all in a joke, no harm meant.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

I Support ClubWRX
    all in a joke, no harm meant.
    Good deal.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Keep in mind the professional drivers do drop the clutch, where owners will not. so professional drivers will seem to always have lower times, so they beat the hell out of those car's too get low numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout01 View Post
    Keep in mind the professional drivers do drop the clutch, where owners will not. so professional drivers will seem to always have lower times, so they beat the hell out of those car's too get low numbers.
    I can't imagine a professional dropping the clutch with an AWD powertrain...

They do, however, bounce off the rev limiter and slip it nasty.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
    I can't imagine a professional dropping the clutch with an AWD powertrain...
    Back in '02, when the WRX first came to the states, the conventional wisdom was that the magazine testers were indeed beating the snot out of the cars to get the 5.X second 0-60 times and low 14's in the quarter. Nothing sold magazines better than a $22,000 4-door sedan that could keep up with a Porsche Boxster in the 0-60. I'll bet they dump that clutch like yesterday's trash.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

honestly, why does everyone b1tch and moan about launching...i have an 06 and OCCASIONALLY launch from 5500 to get awesome speed...nothing has been wrong with my car, i maintain it well and have had no problems thus far...have some fun with the awd my friends

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    honestly, why does everyone b1tch and moan about launching...i have an 06 and OCCASIONALLY launch from 5500 to get awesome speed...nothing has been wrong with my car, i maintain it well and have had no problems thus far...have some fun with the awd my friends
    The reason people are concerned with it is because of the difference between what happens in AWD, and FWD/RWD during a clutch drop. In a 2 wheel drive car, when great torque is released, the wheels (generally) will spin, relieving some of the strain on your drivetrain. When you're getting the awesome speed (drop clutch launch) out of the AWD system, the wheels will either not spin, or spin very much less, due to your superior traction, and all of that shock gets placed on your tranny.

It's physics, pure and simple. There are multiple videos on youtube of youngsters showing off their hard launches...big CLUNK happens..and car is suddenly unable to go anymore.
    You'd be a lot better off showing off for your friends with a slip-clutch launch.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

It all depends on how you launch it, I've launched my sti a few times and gotten tons of wheel spin. Other times a huge clunk that makes me cringe. Generally speaking though, ray is 100% right, if you want to launch your car, let the clutch slip. Dont take the risk and ***** n moan when your out a transmission.
    2006 AW STi

yeah thats what im talking about, also, if you drop or "dump" the clutch your going to get a much worse time anyways, aright i get what your saying my bad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast