0-60 time? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 0-60 time? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well the quickest launch would be made by building boost then dumping the clutch, but that will break your tranny ...

well the quickest launch would be made by building boost then dumping the clutch, but that will break your tranny if you do it often, or even occasionally in some cases.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    cobb dp+borla 3" catback, cobb st2.. unless i just wuss out at launching, 5.056 was best time I got.
    You have to launch pretty hard.

Cobb only claims stage 2 to be 253 hp (13% increase, not the 315 you say you have), so I take back my statement about stage 2 vs STI unless it's a custom tune. Man, Cobb must really be scared of 08 WRXs to tune them so conservatively. That's less than what their older stage 1 maps would bring to the table.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-15-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post

Cobb only claims stage 2 to be 253 hp (13% increase, not the 315 you say you have), so I take back my statement about stage 2 vs STI unless it's a custom tune. Man, Cobb must really be scared of 08 WRXs to tune them so conservatively. That's less than what their older stage 1 maps would bring to the table.
    its just how cobb does their tuning, they start light then gradually increase the power of the tune. at least thats what they told me when i called them. but i dunno cobbs been slacking a little bit lately

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    I never go on what the manufactures claim! I's managed a good 4,5!

Not to drift off the subject but see here... things change when you drive the car yourself...

YouTube - Nissan GT-R (R35) vs Porsche 911 (997) Turbo in REAL LIFE
    here's another "real life" comparison.

YouTube - Nissan GT-R vs Porsche 911 Turbo

notice the GTR isn't even using launch control

315 is from alot more than the stage 2 i was at
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

315 is from alot more than the stage 2 i was at
    well fill us in, what u got?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    its just how cobb does their tuning, they start light then gradually increase the power of the tune. at least thats what they told me when i called them. but i dunno cobbs been slacking a little bit lately
    They lied.

actually I pulled that number from the AP.. I was just running cobb dp/borla cb and a aem cold air - the AP said I hit 315 HP at 6725 RPM in 2nd gear from the simulated dyno.

currently car is getting tuned with new parts check the info in profile..
    08 WRX Sedan

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    actually I pulled that number from the AP.. I was just running cobb dp/borla cb and a aem cold air - the AP said I hit 315 HP at 6725 RPM in 2nd gear from the simulated dyno.

currently car is getting tuned with new parts check the info in profile..
    You might have problems finding an SZ49 because Deadbolt is out of business (unless you already have it?). And might I recommend a 44mm EWG instead? +20G is where you will find the 38mm doesn't flow enough.

And 315 is a little crazy for a stage 2 '08. The AP projects power at the wheels. Your AP must have jolted or fallen during the test run.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-24-2009 at 07:28 PM.

You might have problems finding an SZ49 because Deadbolt is out of business (unless you already have it?). And might I recommend a 44mm EWG instead? +20G is where you will find the 38mm doesn't flow enough.

And 315 is a little crazy for a stage 2 '08. The AP projects power at the wheels. Your AP must have jolted or fallen during the test run.
    Yeah everything is being put together in a shop as I type - I really kinda slapped myself after I bought 38mm and saw a week later advertising 44mm... but I should still hit my target numbers (350whp)

the AP no idea. It sounded high but It got me happy.
    08 WRX Sedan

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    I never go on what the manufactures claim! I's managed a good 4,5!

Not to drift off the subject but see here... things change when you drive the car yourself...

YouTube - Nissan GT-R (R35) vs Porsche 911 (997) Turbo in REAL LIFE
    ugh private Youtube videos...lol

Wrinklechops
    Yeah everything is being put together in a shop as I type - I really kinda slapped myself after I bought 38mm and saw a week later advertising 44mm... but I should still hit my target numbers (350whp)

the AP no idea. It sounded high but It got me happy.
    I wonder....if there's a way you can use EcuFlash/RomRaider to estimate hp via the ecu... like the AP does... that would be interesting

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I wonder....if there's a way you can use EcuFlash/RomRaider to estimate hp via the ecu... like the AP does... that would be interesting

Wrinklechops
    Yea, um, where did you get that? I just downloaded the DatalogLab trial software so we'll try that... couldn't find anything on road dyno estimates for RomRaider

Sigh. This again. the 09 wrx has longer gears and makes it to 60 w one shift. The STi takes 2 shifts. The wrx gets there .1 sec faster. To 60. After that, the STi takes over. Let's all beat a dead horse again. /thread

I think my best friend put it best after whomping on his co-workers 09 at the track:

"Fortunately, the extra $10K you spend on an STI comes with more than just 0-60 times."

From Edmunds:

"The WRX also runs a sub-14 quarter-mile 13.7 seconds at 98.7 mph.
    Some suggest that the 2009 WRX will out-drag an STI, but the quickest STI we've tested ran a 4.5-second 0-60 time and a 13.3-second quarter at 100.3 mph.
    2006 AW STi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast