Highly-modded Mini S thought he would enjoy smoking me...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Highly-modded Mini S thought he would enjoy smoking me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; MMOB driving to work this morning on 495, noticed a red-striped Mini Cooper S weaving in and out of traffic ...

Highly-modded Mini S thought he would enjoy smoking me...

MMOB driving to work this morning on 495, noticed a red-striped Mini Cooper S weaving in and out of traffic behind me. I let him come up and looked at his SCCA sticker and big triumph wing (???) and dropped it to 4th and just pulled easily past him. Then he tried a ricer fly-by and I stopped it again in 5th.

Now, I have to say, this car was modded up the ying-yang. It sound ed really good, like an angry hornet or something.

It was quick, but not quick enough for the Subie...

I do admit, I have no idea what a modded Mini-S can do...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    At least he learned not to mess with a WRX.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    At least he learned not to mess with a WRX.
    If he hadn't' of floored it next me I wouldn't have bothered. And when he did, it was pretty loud, so I figured let's get it on...
    Last edited by Pavia; 03-05-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

your put an sti wing and roof vane on your wrx right, it look great im thinking about doing the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    your put an sti wing and roof vane on your wrx right, it look great im thinking about doing the same thing....
    Yeah, I really like it...

how much did the whole job of getting both parts cost?

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    how much did the whole job of getting both parts cost?

Not cheap...

I'm going to say off the top of my head it was around $500 for parts and installation for the rear vane. They had to drill through the c-pillar to install it (and there's no template provided)

The wing is a lot cheaper if you swap trunks with an STI owner. But since there are no red STI's, I bought new and had it painted (so maybe $800-900 for parts, paint, and install)

Nice kill, the red look's awsome on your car.

Uncle Ben would approve of this thread.

cooper s's are a lot of fun to drive in autox but motor lacks a lil

Wrinklechops
    Granted, I have no STi but I know a slightly modded Mini Cooper S that tried to race me. My coworker friend bought it brand new and everyone was cheering him on that he'd beat me off the line, easy...

....Not so much. What is it, a supercharged 1.6 or 1.8 liter engine? Not trying to knock them but yea, he didn't beat me... lol

I've always liked Mini's.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quick. Very quick. The James Cooper Works has a revised version of the Cooper S 1.6-litre turbo engine with more turbo boost and a new exhaust system it kicks out 208 bhp and a 0-60mph time of 6.8 seconds, making this the quickest of all Mini's and I think the model giving it the large one . Midrange torque is apparetnly pretty strong hence the reason why he tried the fly past but not really a match for a Scooby.

Good to know you held your own and kept an eye on the blighter otherwise he could have had you if your accelarator foot was not quick in response.

I love mini's and my classic eats them for breakfast YUM YUM.

Peace

Oak's
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Its John Cooper Works . My friend has a JCW mini and its a pretty awesome car. Very overpriced but from a roll he would take my stock 06 wrx...not saying much but eh, its a fun little car...from a dig he gets destroyed, that things torque steers like no other

That's awesome. I always get punks that think they are picking on a little rs. For some reason seems to be more Vw's then any but they don't stick around for long. Even had an S6 think he was tough. I love the looks on peoples faces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast