Highly-modded Mini S thought he would enjoy smoking me... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

This is a discussion on Highly-modded Mini S thought he would enjoy smoking me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2.0Rs That's awesome. I always get punks that think they are picking on a little rs. For ...

  1. #16
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    That's awesome. I always get punks that think they are picking on a little rs. For some reason seems to be more Vw's then any but they don't stick around for long. Even had an S6 think he was tough. I love the looks on peoples faces.
    You beat an S6?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 02wrxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    DSM, IA
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    You beat an S6?
    I doubt it, and correct me if im wrong but i dont think the s6 was ever released in the US, however the biturbo Rs6 was, and that thing is a beast, not easily defeated by any subaru
    02 silver WRX - TBE, bad wheel bearing, needs fixing so I can go back to driving it
    Bugeye mafia member #186
    Anybody in the Des Moines area should PM me!

  4. #18
    Registered User 2.0Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pa
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    You beat an S6?
    Yes. It was either an S6 or an S8

  5. #19
    Registered User 2.0Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pa
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by 02wrxdude View Post
    I doubt it, and correct me if im wrong but i dont think the s6 was ever released in the US, however the biturbo Rs6 was, and that thing is a beast, not easily defeated by any subaru
    Pretty positive it was released here. Judging by the google search I did looks like it came out in 08' here. Like I said to the other guy it was either an S6 or S8.

    I actually didn't think anything of it when I was next to him at the light and my friend was behind me in his forrester. The dude romped on it. We both got onto the same highway going towards philly and I stayed planted on his bumper then passed him.

    I'm not a fat wrx. I'm a sub 2800 lbs Rs with a swap. I can pull on my buddies legacy gt with wrx swap and vf 34 (close to 300whp). Pretty damn dead even with this other kids stage 2 sti with external waste gate and protuned. These S's may have the flash numbers....but they are also close to 5,000 lbs. From what I've come across they are even slightly slower then a stock sti in the quarter.

  6. #20
    Wrinklechops
    Well yes, it was released here (depends on what year we're talking about), but no you probably did not race an S6. Maybe it was an A6 that you thought was an S6. Was it an "Avant" aka wagon? Either way, man trust me, my buddy has a 2000 Audi S4 and that's the same engine that went in those year A6's, and it wasn't slow at all. 2.7 twin turbo and my buddy has an ECU tune on stock setup pumping him to near 400lbs torque. He murders me.

    Yea, they're heavy, but they're not 5000lbs man what do you think it is, a truck? Lol try barely 4000lbs. Just Youtube some S4s or S6s vs any Subaru you want bro, Subaru will lose. I hate my friend's S4 and hate Audi in general (much more of a BMW guy myself), but it is quick.

    Check these out:

    YouTube - 2007 Audi S6 Road Test by Edmunds' Inside Line

    YouTube - S4 vs STI

  7. #21
    Registered User 2.0Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pa
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Well yes, it was released here (depends on what year we're talking about), but no you probably did not race an S6. Maybe it was an A6 that you thought was an S6. Was it an "Avant" aka wagon? Either way, man trust me, my buddy has a 2000 Audi S4 and that's the same engine that went in those year A6's, and it wasn't slow at all. 2.7 twin turbo and my buddy has an ECU tune on stock setup pumping him to near 400lbs torque. He murders me.

    Yea, they're heavy, but they're not 5000lbs man what do you think it is, a truck? Lol try barely 4000lbs. Just Youtube some S4s or S6s vs any Subaru you want bro, Subaru will lose. I hate my friend's S4 and hate Audi in general (much more of a BMW guy myself), but it is quick.

    Check these out:

    YouTube - 2007 Audi S6 Road Test by Edmunds' Inside Line

    YouTube - S4 vs STI
    You know the 2000 S4 is about 1000 lbs lighter then this S6 right? You might wanna look some stuff up man. 2000 B5 S4 weighs around 3500 lbs. The Audi S6 weighs around 4500 lbs. 1000 lbs is a huge huge deal.

    You also might wanna watch your own video. 14.0@102?? You kidding me? You seriously think I can't take one? I know those things are capable of a better time then that and trap a few more mph but I am faster then that. Like I said they are slightly slower then a stock sti. Stock sti's are not a problem for me.

    I don't care what your buddy has in his B5 you are compairing two totally different cars different engines, different weights. Like I said the A6 is 1000 lbs heavier. You should see me pull on my buddies wrx wagon with a few more mods then me. Only thing I have is about 500 lbs weight advantage. That is a HUGE advantage.
    Last edited by 2.0Rs; 03-16-2009 at 10:00 AM.

  8. #22
    Registered User Oak1ey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    1,200
    Hello fella nice looking classic you have there.

    I know for a fact that having a RA which is stripped is only weighing in at just shy over a ton and also running 300 to 310 BHP.

    The car has a group N short box and the gear change up to 100 mph is so quick there is not much that the RA can't have in a straight line or track.

    Recently had a Jap meet with Skiylines Soarers etc even gave the GTR's a good run for there money.

    Good effort.

    Oak's
    Last edited by Oak1ey; 03-16-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

  9. #23
    Wrinklechops
    Um, yea... so I guess you did race an A6? Wagon? Or we still haven't figured that one out yet?

    I was only giving you an example of what Audi can do by telling you about my friend's car. And as much as you and I might hate the fact, my friend's S4 will most likely always smoke us...and STi's... we just can't win.... especially if he ever gets the K04 turbos or whatever... twin turbo v6 man we have no chance. Lol

  10. #24
    Registered User 2.0Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pa
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Um, yea... so I guess you did race an A6? Wagon? Or we still haven't figured that one out yet?
    Nah, it was an S6. My buddy even was all happy when he finally caught up with us and we got to where we were going. He said it was an S8 but I could have sworn the badge said S6. And there is no way an A6 would have pulled like this car did. It wasn't slow, I was just faster. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here but my car is far lighter then yours and has more mods and most likely a better tune. Just because your car basically stock can't do it doesn't mean other ones that are faster can't.

    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I was only giving you an example of what Audi can do by telling you about my friend's car. And as much as you and I might hate the fact, my friend's S4 will most likely always smoke us...and STi's... we just can't win.... especially if he ever gets the K04 turbos or whatever... twin turbo v6 man we have no chance. Lol
    I know what and Audi can do. I raced it. My buddy also has a 00' b5 and another friend I see every once and a while has an 01 stage 3.5 or whatever they call it. But like I said the S6 is 1000 lbs heavier! That's very close to 1 ton heavier then my car. That's rediculous. And like I pointed out they are a mid 13 second car. They aren't anything special stock. I don't even know how well those v10's take to mods. I know not as well as the B5's. I really don't know why you're putting Audi's up on a petistol like they are the fastest things in the world.

    You know what I'm sorry to the thread starter. If the two guys who think it's not possible would like to debate farther just pm me.

  11. #25
    Wrinklechops
    I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here but my car is far lighter then yours and has more mods and most likely a better tune. Just because your car basically stock can't do it doesn't mean other ones that are faster can't
    How do you know what I drive? What my mods are? For all you know, I may have an F1 car in my driveway.

    OK but seriously, I know that there are faster cars than mine, obviously. I'm not saying that with enough mods on any given vehicle you could beat any other given vehicle either. But what I am saying is that riding in my friend's S4 with his little 400lbs torque tune thing, upgraded clutch and flywheel, we owned STi's. Maybe they were just stock STi's, I don't know. How badly can you beat a stock STi?

  12. #26
    Registered User 2.0Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pa
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    How do you know what I drive? What my mods are? For all you know, I may have an F1 car in my driveway.

    OK but seriously, I know that there are faster cars than mine, obviously. I'm not saying that with enough mods on any given vehicle you could beat any other given vehicle either. But what I am saying is that riding in my friend's S4 with his little 400lbs torque tune thing, upgraded clutch and flywheel, we owned STi's. Maybe they were just stock STi's, I don't know. How badly can you beat a stock STi?
    Pmed so we stop hijacking this guys thread. We're way off topic.

  13. #27
    Registered User minnSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    99
    My brother has a cooper its not an S but its still pretty fast but not as fast as a subie.

    I love the red on your car it looks great nice job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •