02 WRX Wagon vs 06 Dodge Ram 2500
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 WRX Wagon vs 06 Dodge Ram 2500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so this is pretty comical, but a friend of mine has an 06 turbo diesel dodge ram 2500 with ...

02 WRX Wagon vs 06 Dodge Ram 2500

Okay so this is pretty comical, but a friend of mine has an 06 turbo diesel dodge ram 2500 with a full 5" exhaust and its chipped. He wants to race my stage 2 wrx wagon (also have stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel). I'm fairly certain that at 2300 lbs heavier there is no way he could win, even though the truck has about 185 more horsepower than me. He wants to throw money down so I just wondered what you all thought?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This could go 2 ways, if hes just chipped you should beat him.

If hes more than chipped and has a larger turbo and propane injection you will get your ass raped and youll never look at diesel trucks the same
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    If hes more than chipped and has a larger turbo and propane injection you will get your ass raped and youll never look at diesel trucks the same

never underestimate the power of diesel
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

More Info

So he told me everything in the truck is stock with the exception of the chip and exhaust.

ask him what the truck runs in the quarter mile. Then we can figure it out pretty easily.

ha where in washington are you doing this i wana watch!
    eric

bugeye mafia #207

Did you happen to catch the Pinks episode where the guy claimed it was just a couple of stacked chips? Ran 11s at like 130 mph. It was a single cab Dodge diesel too, which is pretty rare compared to its quad cab counterpart.

What your friend left out is that while he may make "only" twice your stock HP, he's approaching the 1000 torque mark. That'll get your attention!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Do not dodge the swear filter.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 02-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    never underestimate the power of diesel
    I second that. I've seen a few Duramax diesels that could probably run circles around our cars while towing one of our cars on a trailer up a mountain.

OK well, maybe not, but you get the point...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosorb View Post
    So he told me everything in the truck is stock with the exception of the chip and exhaust.
    Don't be fooled my fellow Subaru friend. Was it an EDGE or BANKS POWER chip? Their top of the line chip + exhaust and suddenly that diesel that we take for granted has 450hp and 700 or more torque.

anything happen yet?

So the chip he put in is truck is a top of the line model from edge and your right he is pushing about 450hp and 700 torque. So in light of your guys comments i've decided to wait to race him until i get pink sti injectors, walboro fuel pump, and vf39 turbo. Once this new set up is tuned I think it will be a fun day out at the track. Also right now racing is a little out of the question because its still snowing and SRP (Spokane Raceway Park) isin't going to open for a few more months.

ya dude hes gonna own you lol, i was at the strip once when this diesel with stacks was running and i kinda chuckled and then he ran an 11.2 and i almost shat a brick he said he only have a chip and an exhaust...
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

yea..... lol you may wanna go bigger than a 39

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.