08 wrx vs 97 m3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 wrx vs 97 m3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a 1997 BMW m3 4-door five speed. He punched it in first when we were going about 10 ...

08 wrx vs 97 m3

I raced a 1997 BMW m3 4-door five speed. He punched it in first when we were going about 10 so i did to (he was a little infront of me at the time). I pulled next to him at the end of first, hit second and kept pulling. By the middle of third i was over a car length maybe two ahead of him. I thought it was a decent kill

My car is an 08 with perrin stage 1 and a kartboy SS
    M3 is a five speed with 1k on a rebuilt motor.
    Stats for the m3 are alright (correct me if im wrong)
    0-60 in 5.5
    1/4 mile in 14.20
    this makes me curious as to what my car and i can run. Is the AP 1/4 mile and 0-60 test accurate?
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P
    2008 hatch - Perrin stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try racing an E46.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Try racing an E46.
    Speeking of which i actually have. i got killed lol
    But i raced a g35 with exhaust last night, did a few pulls. I Embarrassed him from a light and the 40 pulls we were about even i would say my car is a bit faster to 100 then he can start to pull
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P

Good kill!

You need more mods so you can smoke that E46...lol
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

The accessport 0-60 and 1/4 calculators are quite accurate as they're reading directly from the vehicle speed sensor. I can't say the same for the dyno though

idk, I think the dragstrip is the only sure way to know you and the car.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

The accessport can be just as accurate as the drag strip considering you find the right stretch of road. The vehicle speed sensor in your car knows the exact miles per hour you are traveling. It can't be too hard to add a timer to the vss to 60 the second it detects movement. In fact I think the 0-60 on the ap is more accurate than the dragstrip considering its using internal sensors from the car. The only variable factor would be finding a flat stretch of road. You can also calculate distance and the time required to cover that distance if you know mph, so thr 1/4 mile would be fairly accurate as well.

Has anyone actually brought their ap to the dragstrip and compared it with the timeslip?

Quote Originally Posted by Xin0811 View Post
    Has anyone actually brought their ap to the dragstrip and compared it with the timeslip?
    That's what we need to do...

The accessport can be just as accurate as the drag strip considering you find the right stretch of road. The vehicle speed sensor in your car knows the exact miles per hour you are traveling. It can't be too hard to add a timer to the vss to 60 the second it detects movement. In fact I think the 0-60 on the ap is more accurate than the dragstrip considering its using internal sensors from the car. The only variable factor would be finding a flat stretch of road. You can also calculate distance and the time required to cover that distance if you know mph, so thr 1/4 mile would be fairly accurate as well.

Thats what i figured. ive done the 0-60 once on the ap and i got 6.5 with a launch that bogged really bad.Im sure i can get my car a little below 5.7 now and id really like to take it a strip sooner or later

I did a third gear pull with a 540 today and to my suprise i actually pulled a little, we didnt go for to long so its hard to say but i know hed get me top end for sure but i started to gain on him for 30 mph'ish we raced. Im done adding to this list for a while i feel so guilty driving my car hard
    Last edited by morphine16; 03-01-2009 at 01:33 AM.
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by morphine16 View Post
    I raced a 1997 BMW m3 4-door five speed. He punched it in first when we were going about 10 so i did to (he was a little infront of me at the time). I pulled next to him at the end of first, hit second and kept pulling. By the middle of third i was over a car length maybe two ahead of him. I thought it was a decent kill

My car is an 08 with perrin stage 1 and a kartboy SS
    M3 is a five speed with 1k on a rebuilt motor.
    Stats for the m3 are alright (correct me if im wrong)
    0-60 in 5.5
    1/4 mile in 14.20
    this makes me curious as to what my car and i can run. Is the AP 1/4 mile and 0-60 test accurate?
    Yea dude the '97 M3 had 240hp stock. I'm sure some of that has gone down a little in the 12+years it's been driven. With all that said, a DINAN mod or two on that M3 and you'd probably be a goner...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Good kill!

You need more mods so you can smoke that E46...lol
    Here's a frightening thought though: an E46 with some DINAN tunes...uh oh...lol

I Support ClubWRX
    The accessport can be just as accurate as the drag strip considering you find the right stretch of road. The vehicle speed sensor in your car knows the exact miles per hour you are traveling.
    How does it achieve that? Throw on a set of tires that are a tiny bit different in profile, and any speed calculation that's being performed is out the window. I would submit that even stock, there is nothing in the car's system that knows "the exact miles per hour that you are traveling".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Yea dude the '97 M3 had 240hp stock. I'm sure some of that has gone down a little in the 12+years it's been driven. With all that said, a DINAN mod or two on that M3 and you'd probably be a goner...
    Yeah but like i said he did have 1k on a full rebuild and most of the stuff on his car is new. Dinan BMW's are pretty amazing
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P

I actually tried the AP's quarter mile test on the flattest road i could find out in the country. I ran a 14.1 with a 0-60 of 5.4. Perrin stage 1 and a kart boy short shifter.
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.