05 STI vs WS6 TA
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STI vs WS6 TA within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally ran a TA today and got 2 good runs. 1st was a 20 roll and got him by 1 ...

05 STI vs WS6 TA

Finally ran a TA today and got 2 good runs. 1st was a 20 roll and got him by 1 1/2. Second run was a dig and it was about 1 bus. Now I'm not sure what mods the TA had but it nice to flex a little 2.5 muscle. AWD FTW

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nicely done!

100th Post!

AWD FTW!

How far did you go? Or was it just a short burst. I can see the WS6 TA making it up on the top-end...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

And your stock?

Your sure he knew you guys were racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    How far did you go? Or was it just a short burst. I can see the WS6 TA making it up on the top-end...
    From the roll run it's hard to tell, if I remember I let out at about the top of forth gear.The dig run I'm not sure if the guy spun and gave up or what happend.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    And your stock?

Your sure he knew you guys were racing?
    Cobb short ram/ no box,samco turbo inlet pipe, stromung muffler. Last two mentioned were on the car when I bought it. We talked before we ran um and he even honked off both races. He really didn't want to dig so i gave him the 20 roll the first run. So It makes me wonder if he really tried on the dig run.

those mods havent added anything to the car, so you're basically running at stock levels. A WS6 should pull an STi. They already have 25 more horses than you, and less drivetrain loss. He probably didnt know how to drive it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by obp05mtx
    From the roll run it's hard to tell, if I remember I let out at about the top of forth gear.The dig run I'm not sure if the guy spun and gave up or what happend.
    4th tops out ~80-90 for me
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    those mods havent added anything to the car, so you're basically running at stock levels. A WS6 should pull an STi. They already have 25 more horses than you, and less drivetrain loss. He probably didnt know how to drive it.
    wouldnt say they do nothing. ws6 usually runs low to mid 13s and traps around 103mph so it would be pretty close

haha cool, wish my car was fixed so i could race again =[
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Registered User DarkShocker WRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    rear wheel drive and it weighs more and they only run 13.6 stock
    Total Kaos - Car Club
    2004 Rex Stage II

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by obp05mtx View Post
    Finally ran a TA today and got 2 good runs. 1st was a 20 roll and got him by 1 1/2. Second run was a dig and it was about 1 bus. Now I'm not sure what mods the TA had but it nice to flex a little 2.5 muscle. AWD FTW
    TA = Trans Am, right guys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but those things can fly...

My friend had one of the last year model Firebirds before they discontinued that whole line (as did Chevy with the Camaro), and it wasn't slow by any means.

I'm not sure what the WS6 stands for, but these are the available engines for those cars in like 2001:

200-hp, 3.8-liter V-6
    205-hp, 3.8-liter V-6
    310-hp, 5.7-liter V-8
    325-hp, 5.7-liter V-8
    335-hp, 5.7-liter V-8

Even with a few mods on the base model 3.8, you'd think it would catch up quick to the WRX with none-to-simple power mods.

And I think the 335hp engine could probably take an STi. What do you guys think?

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShocker WRX View Post
    rear wheel drive and it weighs more and they only run 13.6 stock
    Rear wheel drive is actually an advantage dude! My best bud is an Automotive Engineer for GM and just the other day he broke down why RWD is superior in launches and many other applications. He said it's basic physics; the fastest way around a corner is to be pushed or propelled from behind (like a RWD car). A front wheel drive car pulls you, and an AWD car based on a FWD design does much of the same. I'm not entirely familiar with Subaru's "symmetrical AWD" system, but I do know that not all AWD systems are created equal...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Sube, but there's a reason HIGH PERFORMANCE cars like the BMW M3 and Formula 1 cars are RWD...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post

Don't get me wrong, I love my Sube, but there's a reason HIGH PERFORMANCE cars like the BMW M3 and Formula 1 cars are RWD...
    Probably because F1 banned AWD?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.