WRX vs S4 - anyone beat one?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs S4 - anyone beat one? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy has a 2000 S4 (that's Audi for those who don't know). It's a 2.7 "bi-turbo" (twin turbo) AWD ...

Wrinklechops

Question WRX vs S4 - anyone beat one?

My buddy has a 2000 S4 (that's Audi for those who don't know). It's a 2.7 "bi-turbo" (twin turbo) AWD V6 putting out about 250hp and torque stock. I beat him twice before, from a stop, and on the highway.

Since then he's gotten a chip, "diverter valves" (I think that's Audi for BOV lol) and a throttle body boot. He claims he's making over 300hp and close to 400tq.

I definitely can't beat him now...not without some serious COBB stuff, like Stage 2 probably... I don't know? I want to beat him!

Anyone ever race a modded S4 and beat it? Like, the turbo ones from before they went to the gay 4.2 V8.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Serious Cobb stuff? LOL

Never raced one, but don't question my ability to beat one.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Serious Cobb stuff? LOL

Never raced one, but don't question my ability to beat one.
    I just meant serious, like, stuff I'd do if I had the $ haha. Can't throw down on an AP and TBE right now. That's like $2000 haha.

My friend spent $500 and has 400tq, supposedly...

My cousin HAD a 2000 A6 2.7T, albeit the car was heavier it was sick with speed stock, then he did the chip and the car got even faster... not sure of the number since he didnt do a tune or dyno run...

My cousin ran a 4.2 V8 A6 and totally destroyed the guy from a dig or any roll you can think of... My cousin's A6 was Automatic too LOL... poor guy in the 4.2 musta felt like crap LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I just meant serious, like, stuff I'd do if I had the $ haha. Can't throw down on an AP and TBE right now. That's like $2000 haha.

My friend spent $500 and has 400tq, supposedly...

yes my cuzin has a 2000 bi-turbo audi a6. Even b4 he chipped his car he crushed a jdm modded 2005 subaru wrx. i cant even imagine what would happen now.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by fdourado View Post
    yes my cuzin has a 2000 bi-turbo audi a6. Even b4 he chipped his car he crushed a jdm modded 2005 subaru wrx. i cant even imagine what would happen now.
    Great. So basically I have no chance at beating my buddy's S4.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    My cousin HAD a 2000 A6 2.7T, albeit the car was heavier it was sick with speed stock, then he did the chip and the car got even faster... not sure of the number since he didnt do a tune or dyno run...

My cousin ran a 4.2 V8 A6 and totally destroyed the guy from a dig or any roll you can think of... My cousin's A6 was Automatic too LOL... poor guy in the 4.2 musta felt like crap LOL
    Wait, were either of these cars raced against modded WRXs, or each other? That 4.2 engine Audi makes is crap, in my opinion. Nothing unique about really...they just put that same damn engine in almost all their cars. S4, RS4, A series, you name it. At least, they did for a while. Same with the S4's 2.7 being the same as the A6's 2.7.

At least with a BMW, when you drive an M car, you know that engine was specially handmade and designed, and is not sitting in some other BMW regular car.

But yea, either way, the 2.7t can be modded crazy with a few simple mods, and BLAM you've got 400tq.

I guess we're ****ed on this one, eh guys? Maybe the STi would have better luck but I'm guessing it would be a toss up.

The 2 A6's raced against each other, but he also ran a bugeye wagon, we were on the way to Dorney Park, needless to say the bugeye didn't stand a chance against the 2.7t - and this was with 4 people in the car, the bugeye only had the driver LOL...

If your friend eva decides to go KA04 turbos to me you're pretty much done and should just be glad to have a friend with a car that's faster then yours, cause then he can take out what you can't

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Wait, were either of these cars raced against modded WRXs, or each other?

Not a chance now that he chipped it...unless he really sucks at driving and I mean really. Time for a turbo upgrade.
    2007 WRX Limited.

Diverter valves are actually wastegates I believe. The stock VAG ones are plastic or something.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by a13normal View Post
    Diverter valves are actually wastegates I believe. The stock VAG ones are plastic or something.
    I see. Does that give ya more performance then?

Not sure, I assume there's a boost control gain (more boost sooner) or possibly higher boost levels attainable. *shrug*

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetry View Post
    Not a chance now that he chipped it...unless he really sucks at driving and I mean really. Time for a turbo upgrade.
    You mean sucks at driving like this lol:

YouTube - Audi S4 Turbo Race Against Subaru WRX STI

An embarrasment for us Subie owners, I think :-(

Aren't the diverter valves what we call bypass valves (BPV) on our cars?

Quote Originally Posted by a13normal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Aren't the diverter valves what we call bypass valves (BPV) on our cars?
    Yeah, you're right:

(er, I don't have enough posts to post the link yet...)

It's all boost control, but ah well!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.