WRX vs S4 - anyone beat one? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs S4 - anyone beat one? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Maybe now? VWvortex Forums: bov,diverter valve :lol:...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by a13normal View Post
    Diverter valves are actually wastegates I believe. The stock VAG ones are plastic or something.
    No, a diverter valve is a bypass valve.

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    I just meant serious, like, stuff I'd do if I had the $ haha. Can't throw down on an AP and TBE right now. That's like $2000 haha.

My friend spent $500 and has 400tq, supposedly...

you know, you can go Stage 2 for somewhere between $400-$600....

All my friends are German lovers, and being a former German car owner i say no way to them after owning the subies. with my stage 2 03 WRX i pulled on my friends 2000 Stage 2 S4 wagon, and got pulled by my other friends 2001 Stage 2 s4 Sedan... and now that i have an 07 wrx (stock) , i still pull on the wagon, but get pulled by a different 01 S4 sedan. all those races are being all around the board, with the 03 i pulled on both of them up to about 80 then the sedan pulled me back in. and in the 07 im pretty even with the 01 sedan on the highway but down low he gets me.

now yesterday i raced a B6 S4 ?2005? with the v8 in it on the highway, and he was alone and i had 2 other people in my car and i put 2 legnts on him by 100 then i shut down.

I dont know if any of that made any sense but i have alot of S4 experience so if you need me to clear anything up let me know...

(all races were done on a closed course under careful professional supervision with paramedics standing by, don't try this at home kids)

Oh and a diverter valve is the same thing as a bypass valve, rather than expelling the extra gas to the atmosphere, it diverts it back into the intake. Diverter valves by themselves will not yield any performance gains, just a good idea if you are running more boost. most audi/VW guys go with the forged 007 diverter valve (valveS if your on the 2.7t as there are 2 of them)

That's what I thought, when my cousin did have the A6 those were one of the few mods he had... some nice diverter valves (they was nice and shiney)...you could hear it release air..

Quote Originally Posted by a13normal View Post
    Yeah, you're right

theyre high 12 low 13's when chipped, time to pony up on more mods
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Wrinklechops

Great. So basically I have no chance at beating my buddy's S4.
    yeah pretty much, B5 S4's are no joke. They kill a lot of cars they shouldnt be beating, especially in a straight line.
    Audi + Subaru Fan
    2000 Audi S4 (B5) 2.7T EPL Stage 2
    2001.5 Audi A4 (B5) 1.8T Stg. 2 RIP

dorney park lol thats a pretty fun ride up their. I went up to blue diamond for a motocross race last year. Great roads

I just meant serious, like, stuff I'd do if I had the $ haha. Can't throw down on an AP and TBE right now. That's like $2000 haha.

My friend spent $500 and has 400tq, supposedly...
    cobb isn't your only choice..

open source tuning, its free. rom raider ftw.
    you don't need a full turboback, but to even have a chance to pull on him, then yea most likely

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    cobb isn't your only choice..

open source tuning, its free. rom raider ftw.
    you don't need a full turboback, but to even have a chance to pull on him, then yea most likely
    True true. I finally put Stage 1 by Cobb on this weekend, and I like it and it really makes me want to go Stage 2 like NOW lol I already have a cat-back I just need a good downpipe...

You mean sucks at driving like this lol:

YouTube - Audi S4 Turbo Race Against Subaru WRX STI

An embarrasment for us Subie owners, I think :-(
    I don't get how that's an embarrassment. The guy was rocking a 100% stock sti vs a decently modded S4. That would be like me picking on my friends stock S4.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I don't get how that's an embarrassment. The guy was rocking a 100% stock sti vs a decently modded S4. That would be like me picking on my friends stock S4.
    LOL because just watch the STi guy he shifts at like 3000rpm I mean c'mon. And he like rocks his whole body every time he shifts hahaha he's obviously not a good driver. The video is not about the fact that a modded S4 would stomp a stock STi, it's about the STi guy's driving skills, or lack thereof

LOL because just watch the STi guy he shifts at like 3000rpm I mean c'mon. And he like rocks his whole body every time he shifts hahaha he's obviously not a good driver. The video is not about the fact that a modded S4 would stomp a stock STi, it's about the STi guy's driving skills, or lack thereof
    Shifts at 3k? You need to watch the video again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast