08' WRX vs 02-05 C230 Kompressor Cpe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

This is a discussion on 08' WRX vs 02-05 C230 Kompressor Cpe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm on my way home from Pizza Hut driving normal I see a car coming HARD behind me so ...

  1. #1
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743

    08' WRX vs 02-05 C230 Kompressor Cpe

    So I'm on my way home from Pizza Hut driving normal I see a car coming HARD behind me so I pulled over the the left (wide residential block) and let the guy go if he wanted to, the guy stops at the stop sign right next to me and waits for me to pull off. So I go my way like normal, once again this guy is up my butt, I decided at the next stop sign I was going to punch it...once again he pulls behind me, I looked at the cross street to make sure I was clear, put the car in "SPORT" mode and stomp on the gas, he followed suit but was unable to stay with me at all..we did this down 2 more blocks with the same outcome him not being able to keep up with me...

    Dood follows me home, we get by a light a couple blocks away from my house and he pulls along side me and says "You car is turbocharged right?" I laffed and said yes, yes it is.. and smiled and cruised home.

    Now is this something I should be proud of? The C230 Kompressors are a SC'ed 1.8L 4 cyl. 189hp/192lbs-tq vs my Turbocharged 2.5L 4EAT 224hp/226lbs-tq. I'm pretty sure his car was stock like mine.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    My parents used to have C230K coupe they are pretty slow. Though it was a fairly versatile car in terms of cargo space. I used to borrow it when I needed to get something that wouldn't fit in my Z. To be fair they seem faster than the small amount of hp would initially lead you to believe. The most irritating thing was the electronic throttle which always seemed to be at least 5 seconds behind the driver input.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  4. #3
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    OK so that kid musta been going thru that 5 sec delay you speak of LOL, also he tried to make a couple of turns that I made while pressing the gas that only a Subie can do, his car did not look pretty trying to imitate my moves...it was kinda all ova the road..

    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    My parents used to have C230K coupe they are pretty slow. The most irritating thing was the electronic throttle which always seemed to be at least 5 seconds behind the driver input.

  5. #4
    Registered User Anzioblack44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CHICAGOLAND
    Posts
    437
    turbo > kompressor

    the c230 isnt that quick, the BMW 335i on the other hand is a beast... vishnu is cranking out some silly numbers
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

  6. #5
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    I have a fren with a 07' 335i, he got it a week after I got my Subie, the car is amazing on DRY road, anything else it sucks according to him....

    I showed him what Vishnu can do for his car but he isn't one of those guys that think modding makes sense, he likes to watch other people do it but he wouldn't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    turbo > kompressor

    the c230 isnt that quick, the BMW 335i on the other hand is a beast... vishnu is cranking out some silly numbers

  7. #6
    Registered User Anzioblack44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CHICAGOLAND
    Posts
    437
    off topic, but

    its kinda ghey that the only BMW's with LSD are M's. The ultimate driving machine, = the ultimate one wheel peel on the inside tire
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

  8. #7
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    I guess it wouldn't be a M unless it has LSD

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    off topic, but

    its kinda ghey that the only BMW's with LSD are M's. The ultimate driving machine, = the ultimate one wheel peel on the inside tire

  9. #8
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    his car did not look pretty trying to imitate my moves...it was kinda all ova the road..
    Yeah they are ok cars, for what they are but performance is definitely not anywhere near the fore front despite the "sport" coupe moniker.

    I don't think the kompressor is even putting out that much pressure it's more to improve power delivery than put out lots of power.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  10. #9
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    the kid was drivin the car like it was some type of ferrari or porsche LOL.... i just thought all that MB hype "kompressor" SC'ed might have put up more of a fight..

    How do you think I'll fair against my cousins 08 E350 7 spd auto? Before/After I do VF52, uppipe/downpipe, spt catback, perrin tmic, 650cc injectors, walbro 255 fp, protune.

    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah they are ok cars, for what they are but performance is definitely not anywhere near the fore front despite the "sport" coupe moniker.

    I don't think the kompressor is even putting out that much pressure it's more to improve power delivery than put out lots of power.

  11. #10
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    Try a Benz that says "V8 Kompressor" and you'll see what all the hype is about. They can slap on anything they want on a 1.8 liter and it isn't going to impress anyone. A roots-blown 5.5 liter is quite entertaining.

    This badge is on my brother's car:


    It's damn near ludicrous even at part throttle. Most pretenders will back off when they read what's under the hood but some have to learn the hard way. 600hp / 740tq really gets the job done.

    I'm having to add meth injection to my shopping list so my car will be able to keep up on pump gas.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  12. #11
    Registered User RexEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Staen island, NY
    Posts
    84
    ^^^^ hell yeah! those s classes are beasts! when im like 40 yrs old i hope im rich enough to own a s class and just cruise through town.

  13. #12
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    Ok, so me vs a "V8 Kompressor" with the mods listed below..?? I've also thought about the Blouch TD05-18g or AVO's 380 or Deadbolt TD05-16/18g.

    Quote Originally Posted by SPT.WRX.2K8 View Post
    How do you think I'll fair against my cousins 08 E350 7 spd auto? Before/After I do VF52, uppipe/downpipe, spt catback, perrin tmic, 650cc injectors, walbro 255 fp, protune.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Try a Benz that says "V8 Kompressor" and you'll see what all the hype is about.
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 02-21-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Typo

  14. #13
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    Don't be afraid of picking a larger turbo. An 18g is smallish even on DSMs. You've got 2.5 liters to spool it - a 20g is in the sweet spot for that kind of displacement and should be extremely close in price.

    An E350 has a 268hp v6 -- my mom's Hyundai Azera makes that much power. You should be able to handle it stock, or from a roll may require at least a tune. After your mods it won't really be close either way.

    The E550 swaps that for a v8 with 380hp. Then you're talking a more fair run but after mods you'd still take care of it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  15. #14
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    Only reason I'm going small is because my car is a 4EAT, so I don't wanna stress the tranny until I can get a high stall TC, but I do want more power then the td-04.

    My cousin said he beat up on a M3 E46 with his E350, I kinda thought that was bogus but I didn't say anything I let him speak. I have a friend with a 335i now that's who I wanna take out

    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Don't be afraid of picking a larger turbo. An 18g is smallish even on DSMs. You've got 2.5 liters to spool it - a 20g is in the sweet spot for that kind of displacement and should be extremely close in price.

    An E350 has a 268hp v6 -- my mom's Hyundai Azera makes that much power. You should be able to handle it stock, or from a roll may require at least a tune. After your mods it won't really be close either way.

    The E550 swaps that for a v8 with 380hp. Then you're talking a more fair run but after mods you'd still take care of it.

  16. #15
    Registered User ScoobyNuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Newberg, Or
    Posts
    292
    LOL, I was so stupid one day that I had a brand new benz pull up beside me. The guy was trying to "roll hard" and look tough so I thought I would spank him like a baby. I punched it. As he passed me with extreme speed, he was waiving "by by". I did get a glance at the 6.8( I think thats what that was) badge on the side of the car.

    That did nothing for my ego
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •