08' WRX vs 02-05 C230 Kompressor Cpe - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 08' WRX vs 02-05 C230 Kompressor Cpe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ScoobyNuby LOL, I was so stupid one day that I had a brand new benz pull up ...

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyNuby View Post
    LOL, I was so stupid one day that I had a brand new benz pull up beside me. The guy was trying to "roll hard" and look tough so I thought I would spank him like a baby. I punched it. As he passed me with extreme speed, he was waiving "by by". I did get a glance at the 6.8( I think thats what that was) badge on the side of the car.

That did nothing for my ego
    epic fail

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where are the owners of the WRX's/STi's that can take these benzs out? I live vicariously off your cars

With the 4EAT, an 18g will stay close to the stock insta-spool feeling, keeping it fun & responsive in normal driving. Resist the urge to powerbrake launch if you want the tranny to last. You'll eventually need valve body work along with a torque converter & transmission cooler to keep it from self destructing.

Mercedes makes plenty of average sedans that can be taken out. If you start messing with the AMG models it gets much harder. The supercharged v8 makes 500hp / 500tq. The CL65 ( my brother's car) has clicked off high 11s at 120-121 mph in bone stock trim - and that's with only 275-width rear tires to harness that power. As you can imagine, traction is a constant issue. With drag radials, mid-low 11s are the norm with zero power mods. A simple tune job with no hardware changes bumps the traps to 125+ mph. Add exhaust, improved air/water IC parts, and you're in the 10s with 130 mph traps.

They wrap the same drivetrain in a sedan too. A large 4 door that runs mid 11s and traps over 120 has got to be a riot to drive.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Only reason I'm going small is because my car is a 4EAT, so I don't wanna stress the tranny until I can get a high stall TC, but I do want more power then the td-04.

My cousin said he beat up on a M3 E46 with his E350, I kinda thought that was bogus but I didn't say anything I let him speak. I have a friend with a 335i now that's who I wanna take out
    I love the 335i but I'm thinking an STi or modded WRX (300hp) could take it. Don't wanna mess with the new 420hp M3 though...whew let me tell you what...

Wrinklechops
    I have a fren with a 07' 335i, he got it a week after I got my Subie, the car is amazing on DRY road, anything else it sucks according to him....

I showed him what Vishnu can do for his car but he isn't one of those guys that think modding makes sense, he likes to watch other people do it but he wouldn't...
    Modding is where the fun is at! Haha. Vishnu is OK but I think DINAN is better. I used to be a huge BMW fan (until I lost my 328i) and guess I still am. Tell your friend to check out the DINAN packages for the 335i, just for fun. I think they're pumping 400hp+ now...

I myself am not lookin to take out the AMG's, but I wanted to hear from any WRX/STi owners that could...

With my 4EAT I'm lookin to stay stealth but take out stock cars as IS350/GS350, MB E350/CLK350.550, BMW 335i/xi... I guess I want to beat most 6's and be side by side with most 8's.

Still debating on which turbo to get such as the TD05-18g or TD05-16g or AVO380 or VF52, right now i'm leaning towards to VF52 to keep my car super stealth but may go with the TD05-18g for more power with a tune should I feel the need

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    With the 4EAT, an 18g will stay close to the stock insta-spool feeling, keeping it fun & responsive in normal driving. Resist the urge to powerbrake launch if you want the tranny to last. You'll eventually need valve body work along with a torque converter & transmission cooler to keep it from self destructing.

Mercedes makes plenty of average sedans that can be taken out. If you start messing with the AMG models it gets much harder.

He gets amazed when I show him the numbers that his 335i can achieve, he knows about DINAN - he brought it to my attention

but the guy can't justify $2500+ dollars on his car the way I can with my parents

Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Modding is where the fun is at! Haha. Vishnu is OK but I think DINAN is better. I used to be a huge BMW fan (until I lost my 328i) and guess I still am. Tell your friend to check out the DINAN packages for the 335i, just for fun. I think they're pumping 400hp+ now...
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 02-22-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

Wrinklechops
    He gets amazed when I show him the numbers that his 335i can achieve, he knows about DINAN - he brought it to my attention

but the guy can't justify $2500+ dollars on his car the way I can with my parents
    So your parents pay for your car's mods? $2500 in mods?

Man...I don't know what to say...

I'm lucky my parents even bought me my first car. A 1993 Cavalier that blew up on the highway drive home. What a performance machine.

NO, my parents don't pay for my car or my mods, I'm 32 yrs old, I pay for it myself they just insure the car for me because of my DWI back in 07'.

I don't have to justify why I bought $2500 dollars in mods to them because they know it's my hobby. I would never make my parents pay for my car or mods... now if I was 19 again then yes i'd make 'em pay

So your parents pay for your car's mods? $2500 in mods?
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 02-22-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: typo

Wrinklechops
    [QUOTE=spt wrx 2k8;2427475]NO, my parents don't pay for my car or my mods, I'm 32 yrs old, I pay for it myself they just insure the car for my because of my DWI back in 07'.

I don't have to justify why I bought $2500 dollars in mods to them because they know it's my hobby. I would never make my parents pay for my car or mods... now if I was 19 again then yes i'd make 'em pay

So your parents pay for your car's mods? $2500 in mods?QUOTE]
    Haha I gotcha. If it's your car though, why do you even have to tell them you modded it? LOL. Did your friend also have a DWI and has to have his parents insure him and that's why he can't justify the $ to mod?

I don't tell them, they see the big boxes in the basement or dining room and wants to know what it is...no biggie, they are curious, My SPT exhaust came in a huge box, the STi pinks came in a rather big box...the CF chargespeed bottomline lip kit comes in a big box as well... LOL

My friend lives with his mom, his parents are separated so he helps out in the house, spending $2500 on the car which can be put towards the house is something he can't really do...not to mention his g/f doesn't see the sense in it...

Haha I gotcha. If it's your car though, why do you even have to tell them you modded it? LOL. Did your friend also have a DWI and has to have his parents insure him and that's why he can't justify the $ to mod?

Wrinklechops
    I don't tell them, they see the big boxes in the basement or dining room and wants to know what it is...no biggie, they are curious, My SPT exhaust came in a huge box, the STi pinks came in a rather big box...the CF chargespeed bottomline lip kit comes in a big box as well... LOL

My friend lives with his mom, his parents are separated so he helps out in the house, spending $2500 on the car which can be put towards the house is something he can't really do...not to mention his g/f doesn't see the sense in it...
    haha yea I gotcha. if anyone has a problem with my buying of parts for my car, i tell em to piss up a rope. unless they're paying my bills or i'm dependant on them for something, i'm not going to let someone else influence me haha i love cars

That's cool LOL "piss up a rope"

if anyone has a problem with my buying of parts for my car, i tell em to piss up a rope.

Saw the same guy tonight... He just cruised behind me LOL...I think he remember'd he was this close to pressing the "start" button on the whoop a$$ machine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.