SRT-4 Kicked My Butt!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Kicked My Butt! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home yesterday evening on the freeway going a little under the speed limit and saw an SRT-4 ...

SRT-4 Kicked My Butt!

I was driving home yesterday evening on the freeway going a little under the speed limit and saw an SRT-4 roll up beside me. He gave me the 3 honks and we both floored it. Yes, I know, no street racing. Conditions were no traffic and bringing my car up to 80 mph as he kept sailing along. Anyways, he absolutely took off; he had some aftermarket work done as the sound of his exhaust was deafening. We both happened to take the same exit and stopped at a light with 2 lanes. I thought I would definitely get him here. Again, he was gone. I didn't think a Dodge would ever impress me, but this car was incredibly quick! I have gone 1 on 1 with a few STi's before and had better luck. From here on out, he kept baiting me to go again, but my ego was so damaged I buried my head in the sand and didn't even bother. BTW, I have stage 2 upgrades. in an 04 WRX.
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow that is pretty discouraging, those guys get off on beating wrx's...im sorry for your loss my friend

Quote Originally Posted by langridge View Post
    I was driving home yesterday evening on the freeway going a little under the speed limit and saw an SRT-4 roll up beside me. He gave me the 3 honks and we both floored it. Yes, I know, no street racing. Conditions were no traffic and bringing my car up to 80 mph as he kept sailing along. Anyways, he absolutely took off; he had some aftermarket work done as the sound of his exhaust was deafening. We both happened to take the same exit and stopped at a light with 2 lanes. I thought I would definitely get him here. Again, he was gone. I didn't think a Dodge would ever impress me, but this car was incredibly quick! I have gone 1 on 1 with a few STi's before and had better luck. From here on out, he kept baiting me to go again, but my ego was so damaged I buried my head in the sand and didn't even bother. BTW, I have stage 2 upgrades. in an 04 WRX.

also, isnt it amazing that every single street racing story that has ever been posted on a forum board, is on a road with no traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post

also, isnt it amazing that every single street racing story that has ever been posted on a forum board, is on a road with no traffic?
    No traffic and he was going a little under the speed limit.
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09

but it's still a neon...
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Stage 2 neons are pretty quick from a roll.. They will beat a stage 2 wrx from a roll. They wont ever race me from a dig but they always pull on me from a roll..
    2008 DGM Sedan WRX - Sold as of 1/13/09

2006 CGM WRX - Stage 2 as of 1/24/09

As soon as I was driving along and hit a clear patch of freeway at 1000 pm, I was absolutely cracking up and almost didn't even see the Neon rental car with a turbo pull up next to me. Luckily, I was able to control myself and had a kleenex handy to wipe away the tears from laughing so hard. Maybe that's why he pulled away from me?
    Blob Eye Syndicate #1000

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    but it's still a neon...
    thats right 2004NeonSRT4, its will always be a neon....jk my friend i like the car its just a lot of the people who own them are hotheaded ricers who will go to any length to race a wrx

FWD > AWD from a roll.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

the reason you got murdered so bad is probably because the guy had the dealership put the stg3 kit on the car that you can buy DIRECTLY from the dealership (which im totally jelous of btw) i wish subaru would do something like that. and from what i hear, you can get that kit and if you have the dealership install it, your still under warrenty.... thats tight....
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

yeah thats sick i would have opted for a stage 2 kit out of the factory

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    the reason you got murdered so bad is probably because the guy had the dealership put the stg3 kit on the car that you can buy DIRECTLY from the dealership (which im totally jelous of btw) i wish subaru would do something like that. and from what i hear, you can get that kit and if you have the dealership install it, your still under warrenty.... thats tight....

the dealership will sell, install and warranty the installation of the product. but the manufacture warranty is voided immediately
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    Stage 3 is not warrantied and nor is it street legal. Upon purchase the owner would get flagged in Dodge's warranty database.

My suite-mate in college had an SRT-4 that he dumped around 3 grand into, and, my god, was it ridiculously fast.
    He would just eat the road when he punched it.

I have no idea what its numbers were, but I was amazed to see the difference they can make with such little money.

I think stock Wrx's (not sti) hit the 300whp-350whp area with that kind of money? (turbo-back, turbo, tunes, minor bolt-ons). Especially because you would have to replace the trans to go much further.
    Of course, you could buy cheaper products, but I'm comparing on a brand-name for brand-name basis.

But you still drive a Subaru WRX, he still drives a dodge neon; and its still FWD

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    you still drive a Subaru WRX, he still drives a dodge neon;

^ more like .. you still have a subaru IMPREZA.. they still have a dodge neon ;P

my boyfriend has a stage1 srt. we have yet to race but i'd think i'd pull on him significantly.

i has torque monstar!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.