SRT-4 Kicked My Butt! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Kicked My Butt! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; They can't unilaterally void "the warranty." If your blinkers quit working the week after going Stage 3, they've got to ...

They can't unilaterally void "the warranty." If your blinkers quit working the week after going Stage 3, they've got to fix it. If the radiator starts leaking, they've got to replace it.

What they can do is deny engine damage and some drivetrain damage like a snapped CV axle or broken tranny.

Some areas are more vague. If you have a syncro problem, it can't really be blamed on any change in the engine's output so it should still be warrantied but you can bet it won't be without a fight.

Dealerships love to treat "the warranty" as if it's a single yes-or-no item. Federal law is on your side while funding is on the dealer/manufacturer's side. Are you willing to sue when they don't cover your power locks because you installed an intake? Coverage that you should be eligible for still boils down to your willingness to fight for it.

Having said all that, I said "screw it" to my warranty 3-4 months after buying the car. At that point I knew anything that broke would be my fault and I'd take care of it. To date that's been two stock turbos which is why I now have a FP Green, FMIC, and the supporting mods to begin installing when I have the time.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was racing a friends SRT4 when my 5-speed broke. With the vf34 at 20psi I'd pull a couple lengths on him from 20-50. I believe his car was "stage 1" then.

The next time we gave it a go, he was pulled over. Since then he and I have agreed it's bad luck for us to race.

SRT4, EVO, WRX/STI, MS3, and Cobalt SS are all budget tuner vehicles. Calling an SRT4 a "Neon" as a derogatory term......eh..... people who live in glass houses..... pot.... kettle... black.

I do think it's odd that SRT4 have power windows in the front, and hand cranked windows in the rear. When I find myself next to one in traffic I'll sometimes look over and grin while lowering and raising my rear windows.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

When I find myself next to one in traffic I'll sometimes look over and grin while lowering and raising my rear windows.[/QUOTE]

LOL

see, thats what ive been telling you guys. mine was retarded fast. unstoppable by most anything in colorado fast. it doesnt perform time attacks and autocross and rallycross and so on as well as my sti though. i walked on all kinds of evos, stis, vettes, vipers, you name it. and i didnt even go td05, i was gt3071r and supporting mods. 480 to the wheels, the front TWO.

the can be quite mean with upgrades, I was 0 for ? against em in my wrx and maxima, Im 1 for 1 against em in the cobalt (but the one i ran was still on stock turbo)

some of them would crush any cobalt ss, the most any LNF balt has made is like 380whp but things are very early
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I beat the living tar out of a cobalt ss.

Blatant street racing. It's bad, I get it yeah, but this guy was a d-bag and deserved it.

I was pulling into mcdonalds when he cut me off (nearly clipping a mini van as he did) to get ahead of me in the drive through line. I of course get out of my car and as him what the fhk was that was about.

He goes on a rant about how my "weak a$$ rich white boy ride" didn't deserve to be on the road. And how he's gonna smoke me with a full 3" exhaust and something about head gaskets.

Of course I tell him to be silent and talk with his car. We go to a path less traveled (Route 17, nice open highway, low traffic, but still a little). We pull up at the last light, and he starts revving it up, light goes green, I dig and that's it. We run till about 120 and he quits as hes 6 car lengths or so behind.

I'm really proud of my WRX. 08 WRB Sedan running a "Custom" perrin stage one flash map at 17 lb's of boost.

Don't street race kids, it's bad joo joo. Unless of course they try to tell you your car should be in a junk yard.

Cheers.
    Evos make eight pound six ounce baby jesus cry...

vintage '02 bug eyes died in clifton VA *tear*

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXretrarded
    What year?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

It looked to be pretty new. I'd say at least 07. But I can't be certain.

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXretrarded View Post
    It's bad, I get it yeah, but this guy was a d-bag and deserved it.

You'll have to explain this logic to me. So because he was being a douchebag, that means you have to lower yourself to his level(which other drives will notice...now you're a douche also in their eyes), just to prove........what?

the story sounded like justice to me

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I love these SRT-4 vs. WRX threads.

2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Please do not make your name represent you in posts.

By passing the cuss words being blocked and aggresive natured posts wont be tolerated.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 02-16-2009 at 03:56 PM.

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Your gonna call me a spoiled 17 year old kid, because I am (at least I'm honest, parents paid for half, I have zero shame admitting that).

To quote Gran Torino, "You ever get that feeling that you just f_ck_d with the wrong guy? Well I'm that guy".

I'm not gonna sit there and let someone speak poorly of my baby, after having nearly hit it. It was time to let all four roar, and so I did.

2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Blatant street racing. It's bad, I get it yeah, but this guy was a d-bag and deserved it.

I was pulling into mcdonalds when he cut me off (nearly clipping a mini van as he did) to get ahead of me in the drive through line. I of course get out of my car and as him what the fhk was that was about.

He goes on a rant about how my "weak a$$ rich white boy ride" didn't deserve to be on the road. And how he's gonna smoke me with a full 3" exhaust and something about head gaskets.

Of course I tell him to be silent and talk with his car. We go to a path less traveled (Route 17, nice open highway, low traffic, but still a little). We pull up at the last light, and he starts revving it up, light goes green, I dig and that's it. We run till about 120 and he quits as hes 6 car lengths or so behind.

I'm really proud of my WRX. 08 WRB Sedan running a "Custom" perrin stage one flash map at 17 lb's of boost.

Don't street race kids, it's bad joo joo. Unless of course they try to tell you your car should be in a junk yard.

Cheers.
    Nice story my buddy has a story like that. He cut some guy off a McD's and dude got out of his car and started yelling. Long story short dude went back to his car grabbed a 2x4 or somthin and hit my buddy in the face knocking 2 teeth out. My buudy isn't to pissed anymore since he found out the dude works at a bank and now he's gettin a monster settlement.

Back to SRT-4's tho im 1-0 against them. I always saw a SRT-4 around my town reving his engine up whenever I passed him. Then one day we got on the same road and went from a roll around 20 and I smoked him by about 6-8 car lengths. When all was said and done he pulled up next to me and told me I had him, I laughed and asked him if he thought he was fast as i drove away. He still revs his engine when I pass by him I just laugh and wait for our next meeting.
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

To quote Gran Torino, "You ever get that feeling that you just f_ck_d with the wrong guy? Well I'm that guy". [/QUOTE[

are you quoting that towards me? Regardless, it makes me

[QUOTEO]I'm not gonna sit there and let someone speak poorly of my baby, after having nearly hit it. It was time to let all four roar, and so I did.
    it's just a car...who cares if someone talks bad about it? If you like it, that's all that matters. But you're 17 years old, and obviously dont know any better, or are any more mature than that guy. Why would you want to be the typical 17 year old irresponsible driver?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast