07 Stg2 WRX vs Stock G8 GT

This is a discussion on 07 Stg2 WRX vs Stock G8 GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sooo this kid wants to race me and I've got a stage 2 wrx pushing 18 lbs and hes got ...

07 Stg2 WRX vs Stock G8 GT

Sooo this kid wants to race me and I've got a stage 2 wrx pushing 18 lbs and hes got a stock G8 GT i know it has 2 subs in it and he weighs about 200 lbs, im almost positive its an auto but may be standard (M/T) but either way, i kinda need to beat him because he talks a lotta crap about foreign cars and what not so his ego must die haha . I personally love the look of the G8 GT and wouldnt mind one so im not trying to knock it or anything but how would I do against it do you think? Basically im going to take him to the track either way but im just looking for what to expect. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ditch64; 02-12-2009 at 01:44 AM.
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It might be a close race, depending on how well he can launch. The g8 wakes up easily to some simple mods and a good tune, so be carefull.

I would guess a decent average time of 13.5 for a G8, with a low 13 second as stellar, with traps in mid 100s.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Those g8 are pretty heavy but i have seen some run in the mid 12 with minium mods. The kids has to be good at launching, expecially if its a manual, if he thinks he can take you.
    2004 GTO
    2004 WRX wagon

well I'm pretty sure it's an auto and I'm almost positive he got some heavy ass subs in the trunk. He's one of those ghetto white kids that's into big rims and loud stereos LOL
    Last edited by Ditch64; 02-12-2009 at 10:33 AM.
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    well I'm pretty sure it's an auto and I'm almost positive he got some heavy ass subs in the trunk. He's one of those ghetto white kids that's into big rims and loud stereos LOL
    In that case, you need to beat him on principle alone. Just say no to Dubs
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    In that case, you need to beat him on principle alone. Just say no to Dubs
    rofl

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    Sooo this kid wants to race me and I've got a stage 2 wrx pushing 18 lbs and hes got a stock G8 GT i know it has 2 subs in it and he weighs about 200 lbs, im almost positive its an auto but may be standard (M/T) but either way, i kinda need to beat him because he talks a lotta crap about foreign cars and what not so his ego must die haha . I personally love the look of the G8 GT and wouldnt mind one so im not trying to knock it or anything but how would I do against it do you think? Basically im going to take him to the track either way but im just looking for what to expect. Thanks!
    Check out 18G vs new G8

Just watch out.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.