06 Stg 2 vs 370Z - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

This is a discussion on 06 Stg 2 vs 370Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Isn't the M3 SMG faster then its 6-speed version? I think the Twin-Clutch SST transmission is pretty cool, If I ...

  1. #16
    Registered User spt wrx 2k8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    743
    Isn't the M3 SMG faster then its 6-speed version?

    I think the Twin-Clutch SST transmission is pretty cool, If I had the chance to get the Evo X MR it would be with that SST transmission.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 08SubieWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    353
    Im a tech for nissan and i've PDI'd 3 of the 370's so far... gotta say the sport mode with rev match downshifting is a blast to drive... i kept finding myself downshifting even when I really didnt need to just for fun Lol... I wasnt a big fan of the 350's but the 370's dont make you feel as closterfobic (spelling ) when your sitting behind the wheel. Feels like there's plenty of room and it's just more comfortable... They handle amazing and are MUCH more powerful than the 350Z's were... I basically couldnt catch traction until 3rd- 4th gear .. kept gettin loose on me... of course there was a little salt still on the roads from a snow storm but yeahh... definately pushing some power!

  4. #18
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Technology shouldnt be viewed as a bad thing all the time.
    I'm all for "technology", as long as it is still "fun to drive". Whether the auto is .1 second faster to 60 or not is irrelevant.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  5. #19
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm all for "technology", as long as it is still "fun to drive". Whether the auto is .1 second faster to 60 or not is irrelevant.
    Agreed.

    Although I don't see the 3 on the tree vs 4 on the floor as analagous to this situation. All it takes is one 1/4 mile drive in both to see the obvious benefits to a floor mounted shift point vs a column mounted shift point (not to mention replacing snapped shifters!!). Word in the mags is the new auto/manual in the 370Z is quite the nifty package, but I'd be hard pressed to see much of a performance difference between it an a straight manual in the hands of a capable driver.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  6. #20
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've said it before, with regards to the paddle shifting and faux-sequential shifting cars...I'm sure that there are some top-notch systems out there that are just great, but I have yet to drive one.

    A coworker just got a new Cooper S. Neat little car, nimble, turbocharger makes for fun, etc. It has the auto. I put it in the paddleshift mode...and it sucked. Kinda neat for the first few shifts, but start driving in a sporting manner and it just can't keep up. I want to shift WHEN I WANT TO SHIFT, not when the damned processor gets around to it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  7. #21
    Registered User 2nice2slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    74
    Well the evo you "shift when you want to shift", Keiichi Tsuchiya (if you dont know who he is Keiichi Tsuchiya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , has his own wiki page) even said it is the best auto hes ever drove, states its actually better than manual (he hates autos by the way). This is in circut driving not drag'ing.
    States he wouldnt mind getting one rather than the 5 speed.

    With the 370Z's people that drove them didnt you think the clutch was a little ...awkward how its so soft and automatic
    06 WRX limited- Cobb t-back/accessportV2 -17x9 Emotion- Eibach Coilovers System
    250hp/348tq Topspeed tuned by Scott Seigal
    13.2 -102mph
    Hawk-eye Alliance #131

  8. #22
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've said it before, with regards to the paddle shifting and faux-sequential shifting cars...I'm sure that there are some top-notch systems out there that are just great, but I have yet to drive one.

    A coworker just got a new Cooper S. Neat little car, nimble, turbocharger makes for fun, etc. It has the auto. I put it in the paddleshift mode...and it sucked. Kinda neat for the first few shifts, but start driving in a sporting manner and it just can't keep up. I want to shift WHEN I WANT TO SHIFT, not when the damned processor gets around to it.
    I recently had the chance to drive the new Evo with the auto/manual trans and came away quite impressed. Even better, though, a friend in the transport industry has a contract to move auto show cars, and I got to "maneuver" a new Lambo Murcielago LP 640 within a parking lot a bit ago and came away very impressed. It had the e-trans with a manual, but paddle operated roboticized shifting.

    Given what I would use a sports car for though, in the end, I would likely always choose a manual. If I were loaded, and had one for everyday driving, I'd probably go with one of the new automated manual systems. I'll be honest...I can't believe how fast they shift, and with the same results you would get with flat foot shifting in a manual. Wierd, but it works.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  9. #23
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Given what I would use a sports car for though, in the end, I would likely always choose a manual. If I were loaded, and had one for everyday driving, I'd probably go with one of the new automated manual systems. I'll be honest...I can't believe how fast they shift, and with the same results you would get with flat foot shifting in a manual. Wierd, but it works.
    I'll bear that in mind for when I have sufficient funds to buy and maintain a Lambo.

    Hopefully the quality of the manumatics trickles down to many of the sportscars and sports sedans that you and I can reasonably afford. I'm glad to hear that the new Evo has something good. I have intentionally avoided driving a new Evo or STI, due to the risk of finding myself owning it within the hour.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  10. #24
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'll bear that in mind for when I have sufficient funds to buy and maintain a Lambo.

    Hopefully the quality of the manumatics trickles down to many of the sportscars and sports sedans that you and I can reasonably afford. I'm glad to hear that the new Evo has something good. I have intentionally avoided driving a new Evo or STI, due to the risk of finding myself owning it within the hour.
    Just do what I did, as a fellow father of future college students: Bring along a cost estimate sheet for a decent school with you. When done driving, open up the pamphlet/sheet, and look at the numbers. Poof...all thoughts of paying bucks for an automobile that far exceed their performance bang goes out the window. The Evo and Lambo fit into this scenario quite easily. After all...I'm in Prius territory these days (4 kids + college = me crying)
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  11. #25
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,034
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    After all...I'm in Prius territory these days (4 kids + college = me crying)
    Wow..4 kids. I have mad respect! Your parent kung fu> my parent kung fu.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  12. #26
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow..4 kids. I have mad respect! Your parent kung fu> my parent kung fu.
    May have been true, but I have officially "tied up" my black belt. No more...I don't think I could handle any more happiness!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •