WRX vs Large truck

This is a discussion on WRX vs Large truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First time I've "raced" in a long time. I was pulling up to a light that was red with a ...

WRX vs Large truck

First time I've "raced" in a long time.

I was pulling up to a light that was red with a large truck in the left lane. I was in the right lane, and we were both well aware that my lane (right lane) ended and merged several hundred feet ahead.

I went into second gear and very slowly approached the light waiting for it to turn green with absolutely no intention on racing. When I am nearly stopped the light goes green and I give it gas but since I am in second gear I am getting some bogging. The guy in the truck slams the gas and apparently wants to get ahead of me prior to my lane merging.
    I go WOT in second gear when he begins to pass me but since I am in a very low rpm (about 2500) I bog a bit and have to wait for the spool up. The truck gets his rear bumper about 10ft in front of my front bumper when the turbo begins to spool. I short shifted (6k rpm) 2nd-3rd as I began to pass him... Once I was in 3rd I pulled away HARD.

I more or less toyed with him it seemed. I bogged the crap out of my car and short shifted and still walked him like a dog.

His vehicle I believe was a Ford F350 turbo-diesel. The only mod I could make out was an exhaust. I know these have the potential to be quick, but was no match for a moderately modded wrx it seems.
    I would venture to say he was running exhaust and a mild chip.

I have a 2002 WRX stage2 + tuned + other minor goodies.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 02-05-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice! got to be careful with those trucks though, i got utterly raped by a cummins with about 12" of lift in my 03 stage 2 wrx, i later found out that he had 750 whp and upwards of 1000 tq.

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    I have never had a problem with the diesel trucks around here and there are a lot of them. Most are just chipped with upgraded exhaust but they are fast for a 7000 - 10000lb. vehicle. I am pretty sure if I met one with a large turbo, exhaust, and tuned I would probably eat my words.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

What you really need to be careful of is one slight turn of the wheel and your totaled and he has a dent.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

I Support ClubWRX
    I would have thought you would have been neck and neck....
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I know its 20 days later...but I haven't checked the Comparison forum recently, so I feel I can justify my post

my sister's ex-fiancee has an F-350, lifted, running full exhaust, and protuned (and about a 12" lift)

This effer was FAST. The torque on it was incredible. He had run 13.4 in a quarter mile and I have been slow in pulling away from him on some rolls in my protuned Stg 2 STI

With the right basic work, these trucks can be no joke.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i got utterly raped my a Dodge Turbo Cummins Diesel, he cliamed to have dual turbos pushing 80psi with 1500hp at the crank, i would say he was right i was in 2nd at 45 WOT and he just walked away like a was a little moped. (LOL)