STOCK 09 wrx vs- - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on STOCK 09 wrx vs- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've ran into a couple of the car's in question with my 08 4EAT, MS3 had me by 2 car ...

I've ran into a couple of the car's in question with my 08 4EAT, MS3 had me by 2 car lengths - he had upgraded intake and IC with exhuast (not sure if it was turboback, catback or axleback). G35's before they hit 303 on the sedan and 330 on the coupe I'm able to run with and even go ahead by 1 car length. IS250's is nothing for any WRX, I haven't gotten any IS350 owners to run, now IS300's can't run with my 4EAT at all, only Mustang I ran was some hyped up one, had some kinda badge on the fender but it was fast as hell...I wanted to see his car jumpoff...

This is all REAL world experience on Belt Parkway, Southern State Parkway, Van Wyck Expressway and Long Island Expressway.
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 04-01-2009 at 12:20 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    And to be perfectly honest with you stock for stock an 09 wrx will match up pretty damn well against an s2k
    Not really.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Not really.
    I agree... the S2000 is a very well balanced car with a linear engine.

It may not have the numbers, or straight-line...

But the linear powerband, and great suspension setup is very well made for a track. I just have never liked convertibles (with the exception of the viper, cobra, and shelby series 1)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay so you consider from a roll to be a race? Ever consider the advantage that the awd/STi suspension gives the wrx on a track? People dont typicaly go to a drag strip and race from a roll so if you think that is unfair to compare the car from a dig then also keep in mind the handling in the wrx is much better then a cobalt(fwd for the lose). And to be perfectly honest with you stock for stock an 09 wrx will match up pretty damn well against an s2k for A WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY. Not to mention part for part the wrx is gonna be cheaper to tune/upgrade and on top of that will see larger #'s.

I dont own an 09 wrx, and yes I agree that a lot of the new owners are making ridiculous claims about their cars and getting a little too giddy for me, but it's still a nice car. It's only major flaw I'd say(other then the massive # of blown motors) is that it still has the wrx transmission which cant handle the type of tuner power most STi owners want.
    Unfortunatley, the only offical Subaru Nurburgring lap time for a WRX is from 2004, with an 8:24 time. The 2008 Cobalt SS recently posted a time of 8:22, which I believe is the fastest FWD time to date. It is very likely the 09 would post a better time than this however.

For the doubters out there though, an STi Spec C posted a better time (8:06) than the E46 M3 (8:22) and yes, even better than the vaunted Skyline GTR R32 (also at 8:22). In fact it beat many notable cars, including Audi RS4, Honda NSX-R, Viper GTS, PorscheCayman S, and Evo IX. Of course, like in real life, the driver has a lot to do with times. FYI, the Lexus IS-F posted an 8:18.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Not really.
    not really? From a dig the 09 wrx will take any stock s2k in the 1/4 mile pretty much all day. Maybe by only a few tenths of a second but thats not too shabbby for a car that is almost $10,000 dollars less.

Sure on a track the s2k is gonna romp on a stock WRX, but your comparing a two seater rwd car to a stock 4 door awd sedan. And with the 10g price difference you can easly go out there and buy yourself plenty of suspension/power mods that will make your wrx into a much better car then a s2k.

Dont get me wrong, I love s2k's. Hell had I not bought my STi I'd either be sitting an evo,135i, rs4 or an s2k right now.
    Last edited by Laffusillybare; 04-01-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    2006 AW STi

I Support ClubWRX
    From a dig the 09 wrx will take any stock s2k in the 1/4 mile pretty much all day.

No need to merge with Nasioc... we're becoming them!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    From a dig
    Ha. And in every other circumstance the S2000 would triumph. They handle better and have better top end.

what is the top end on an s2000?
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

Ha. And in every other circumstance the S2000 would triumph. They handle better and have far more top end.
    And like I said for 10,000 dollars less thats not a difficult problem to fix. Nobody is debating the fact that a s2000 handles better or has more top end power then a wrx. But their a lot of easy suspension/power mods you can do to an 09 that will yield better times on a tack then a s2k.

Your starting to sound like one of those elitist honda owners. OMG VTEC!!!!!!!!! NOTHING BEATS THE VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yawn:
    2006 AW STi

Quote Originally Posted by Wilz02wrx View Post
    what is the top end on an s2000?
    stock 1/4 mile s2k traps around 105
    2006 AW STi

stock 1/4 mile s2k traps around 105
    nope, not really. when i owned s2k i trapped 102 mph with just a testpipe.

and s2k's go forever, you can find one with 4 k miles in the illinois area goin for 20 grand..., now if you add 5 grand to an s2k. were talkin 350-400 whp

i always heard they werent very responsive to mods could be wrong but thats what i heard. like many mods lower hp. that have any truth to it?
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

I Support ClubWRX
    Your starting to sound like one of those elitist honda owners. OMG VTEC!!!!!!!!! NOTHING BEATS THE VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're starting to sound like an SRT-4 owner.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    And like I said for 10,000 dollars less thats not a difficult problem to fix. Nobody is debating the fact that a s2000 handles better or has more top end power then a wrx. But their a lot of easy suspension/power mods you can do to an 09 that will yield better times on a tack then a s2k.

And $5,000 into a $5,000 Miata and you can humiliate a stock STI. You're the one comparing apples and oranges, I simply called you out on a mistake on your part.

In vehicles you get what you pay for.. MOST OF THE TIME...

S2000's much like the acura NSX are hand built and ready for a track off the show room floor..

But you didnt buy a Subaru because you wanted an s2000 you bought a subaru because you wanted a subaru...

I love WRX's and finally have the privilege of owning one....

Everyones use for there car is going to be different. The subaru wrx is going to be a different driving style and life style then the s2000...

Before buying my 09 one the many cars I test drove was an 07 s2000 and loved it HOWEVER it wasnt the correct choice for me. To small couldnt see that as a daily driver... I just wanted a car that could get out of its own way make my daily commute fun and win those impromptu red light races that come up from time to time..

Of course you can put money into any car and make it faster... You can buy a 91 ford fiesta for under 1k drop 15k in it and it would be amazing... But you dont want a fiesta so why compare like that...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 04-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime