STOCK 09 wrx vs- - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on STOCK 09 wrx vs- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Poohbear But hey I guess if you don't own am 09 you gotta find some excuse to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    But hey I guess if you don't own am 09 you gotta find some excuse to cover up your jealousy.. :-p
    Just kidding, sport, no need to get sensitive.

Honestly...no jealousy, either. An '02 wagon with modded engine/suspension/sound system pretty much does everything I need...and I have the title to it sitting in my firebox.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ray may tool around in teh modest 02 wagon but don't let that fool you. I'd bet a a significant amount that he literally has more money sock away for rainy days (not even counting investments, IRAs, retirement & kid's college funds) then many people make in a year.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

whatever hater, I've got a 72" flatscreen in my apartment.

I Support ClubWRX
    I gotz 24s yo.

They cost me more then all my other possessions combined but I got to reprezent, u know!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Ray may tool around in teh modest 02 wagon but don't let that fool you. I'd bet a a significant amount that he literally has more money sock away for rainy days (not even counting investments, IRAs, retirement & kid's college funds) then many people make in a year.
    I dunno about that. I get nervous if there's a bunch of money sitting somewhere that's NOT invested.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    sigh, im pretty upset about mazda/subaru hatchbacks being the exact same body style myself.

But we still got the scoop!
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Good point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilz02wrx View Post
    a functional scoop. dont forget that
    Sorry to dissapoint folks: 2010 MS3 (w/a functional hood scoop)
    Mazdaspeed 3 set for Geneva motor show debut: AutoWeek Magazine
    Coming Soon: 2010 MazdaSpeed 3 - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews
    2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - Auto Shows/Sport Compacts/High Performance/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maz3_mps_corrected_22_gallery_image_large.jpg   maz3_mps_corrected_4_gallery_image_large.jpg  
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 03-31-2009 at 05:21 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2009rex View Post
    BTW I dont agree with the review on the look of the new rex cause its very subjective.I paid $25000 for my 2009rex and to me its the fantastic car.I dont know why some drivers dont like the look of this car but to me it looks perfect.I think you need to get used to it like to everything new….well and I can smoke:M3,evoX,any civic,any and I mean any cobalt,lexus IS …and so on ...
    I'm not sure whats up with 2009 wrx owners and thinking they are quickest roadmonsters out there, your not that special kids. Maybe you can beat the cars u listed 0-40, surely not after that. Have you raced the new Turboed cobalt SS, it would eat you alive from a roll. An m3? hahahaahahah. You can beat any STOCK civic, STOCK. lexusIS? yea and is300.
    How annoying
    Last edited by Honda; 03-31-2009 at 06:17 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I'm not sure whats up with 2009 wrx owners and thinking they are quickest roadmonsters out there, your not that special kids. Maybe you can beat the cars u listed 0-40, surely not after that. Have you raced the new Turboed cobalt SS, it would eat you alive from a roll. An m3? hahahaahahah. You can beat any STOCK civic, STOCK. lexusIS? yea and is300.
    How annoying
    I always try to figure out how one or two bragging posts that are clearly not even worth getting into about become representative of an entire owner community.

sigh...I guess that means that all honda owners are ricer, fart can wannabes? Seriously, I've got two young owners in my community that I have had to knock on their doors about posted speed limits, and cause and effect from fist-to-face (y'know...a general physics lecture)

See...it works both ways.

FYI...frumaroll is not a race. Granted, what you say is true, but why even respond to items that clearly are not based in fact. It only adds notariety to posts like that. Besides, years on the vehicles were never specified, which technically means they could be true facts.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

This is what I think...if it matters. I know I don't have the fastest car in the world. Heck, I bet somewhere out there someone has a ford tempo that could smoke my WRX...I don't care...why? Cause I love my car. I have an 06 WRX and I have always wanted a WRX...yeah...I'm sure I could have bought something faster...but I didn't want something faster...I wanted a WRX! Heck the other night I had a friendly run with an STS-V...I knew he was gonna smoke me..he knew he was gonna smoke me...I didn't care! I was just looking at him laughing and shaking my head..saying no... At the next light we pulled up to we rolled our windows down and talked like we were best buds since highschool...I don't know what I am trying to say but I know some of you out there will get it!

Another situation...I had some guy in his turbo GTI behind me...pulled up to me...I knew he wanted to race..I just let him go...if it makes him feel good to go home and tell his buddies he smoked a WRX...good for him! Cause I love my car! I could care less! I don't need to prove to anyone how fast or slow my car is...I know how fast it is and I know how slow it is too!

Kicking Tires adds, "The Mazdaspeed3 borrows styling cues from its big brother, the Mazda6. Judging from the available pictures, unique features include a giant hood scoop, larger rims and dual chrome tailpipes. The Mazdaspeed3 will only be available as a four-door hatchback." from one those articles

that sucks. thats someting i always liked to point out. i have a huge scoop on my mustang (neon camaro etc etc.) but is it functional? uh? no then i get to say mine is one the few typs of cars that actually use the scoop. o well still not many that do
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I always try to figure out how one or two bragging posts that are clearly not even worth getting into about become representative of an entire owner community.

sigh...I guess that means that all honda owners are ricer, fart can wannabes? Seriously, I've got two young owners in my community that I have had to knock on their doors about posted speed limits, and cause and effect from fist-to-face (y'know...a general physics lecture)

See...it works both ways.

FYI...frumaroll is not a race. Granted, what you say is true, but why even respond to items that clearly are not based in fact. It only adds notariety to posts like that. Besides, years on the vehicles were never specified, which technically means they could be true facts.
    yea you have a good point, i just got really worked up. He said ANY cobalt...and any honda. I doubt he'll take an s2k from a roll, i know he wont take simple turboed b series honda, on stock application, if they raced from 0-120. I consider from a roll to still be a race, because that takes away the massive advantage AWD has. But i do see it your way, and i understand, but i've seen a couple of threads about 09 wrx and how its so fast and blah blah blah. an MS3 will eat 09 from a roll without a doubt. And i doubt all his races are from stoplight to stoplight, let alone on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean429 View Post
    Ms3, G35, 350z, mustang gt, 08 wrx, Is350.

Smoked!

only one that came close was the IS, those things are fast.
    sure they all knew you were racing

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    yea you have a good point, i just got really worked up. He said ANY cobalt...and any honda. I doubt he'll take an s2k from a roll, i know he wont take simple turboed b series honda, on stock application, if they raced from 0-120. I consider from a roll to still be a race, because that takes away the massive advantage AWD has. But i do see it your way, and i understand, but i've seen a couple of threads about 09 wrx and how its so fast and blah blah blah. an MS3 will eat 09 from a roll without a doubt. And i doubt all his races are from stoplight to stoplight, let alone on the track.
    Okay so you consider from a roll to be a race? Ever consider the advantage that the awd/STi suspension gives the wrx on a track? People dont typicaly go to a drag strip and race from a roll so if you think that is unfair to compare the car from a dig then also keep in mind the handling in the wrx is much better then a cobalt(fwd for the lose). And to be perfectly honest with you stock for stock an 09 wrx will match up pretty damn well against an s2k for A WHOLE LOT LESS MONEY. Not to mention part for part the wrx is gonna be cheaper to tune/upgrade and on top of that will see larger #'s.

I dont own an 09 wrx, and yes I agree that a lot of the new owners are making ridiculous claims about their cars and getting a little too giddy for me, but it's still a nice car. It's only major flaw I'd say(other then the massive # of blown motors) is that it still has the wrx transmission which cant handle the type of tuner power most STi owners want.
    Last edited by Laffusillybare; 04-01-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    2006 AW STi

Quote Originally Posted by turbotwist View Post
    sure they all knew you were racing
    If you passed them on the highway your car is faster.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

How does my Stage 2 06 WRX compare to the 09's?