STOCK 09 wrx vs- - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on STOCK 09 wrx vs- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody .I got my 09 wrx 1.5 month ago and she has only 800 mls on the odometer ,so ...

Hi everybody .I got my 09 wrx 1.5 month ago and she has only 800 mls on the odometer ,so I didnt push her hard yet but I can say that she is faaaast.Here are some links:two top ones from youtube and the rest is just review.It didnt allow me to post the links so I put the shorter versions-just copy and paste

youtube.com/watch?v=SsrDQBxMPpc&feature=channel]YouTube - CarAdvice.com.au - Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan Race Track Performance[/url]
    [youtube.com/watch?v=rswL0k9npSQ]YouTube - CarAdvice.com.au - Subaru Impreza WRX - '08 WRX vs '09 WRX Drag Strip Run[/url]
    [thetruthaboutcars.com/review-2009-subaru-wrx/]Review: 2009 Subaru WRX | The Truth About Cars[/url]
    Last edited by 2009rex; 03-27-2009 at 10:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BTW I dont agree with the review on the look of the new rex cause its very subjective.I paid $25000 for my 2009rex and to me its the fantastic car.I dont know why some drivers dont like the look of this car but to me it looks perfect.I think you need to get used to it like to everything new….well and I can smoke:M3,evoX,any civic,any and I mean any cobalt,lexus IS …and so on ...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    What's this "eagle eye" business? Don't you mean fellow Corolla owner?
    sounds like someones crabby about giving the new style an eye name.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Quote Originally Posted by 2009rex View Post
    BTW I dont agree with the review on the look of the new rex cause its very subjective.I paid $25000 for my 2009rex and to me its the fantastic car.I dont know why some drivers dont like the look of this car but to me it looks perfect.I think you need to get used to it like to everything new….well and I can smoke:M3,evoX,any civic,any and I mean any cobalt,lexus IS …and so on ...

I agree. Lot's of folks didn't like the hawkeyes either when they came out. Not saying one car is good or bad, but if your happy with it that's all that counts.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    sounds like someones crabby about giving the new style an eye name.
    We did name it. Corolla. This is the 1st time I've never seen anyone call it an eagle eye.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-28-2009 at 01:19 PM.

eagle eye has a nice ring to it. I'll admit my favorite body style was the 05 STi, but the 08s are growing on me.
    08 WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Eh, why bother with a name?

Subaru pretty much gave up on the "cars that look different" approach over the last 2 years. I used to be able to pick them out of a crowd at 300 yards. Now a WRX or Forester looks like every other manufacturer's clone. It was inevitable, and understandable....but also a little bit of a shame.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Eh, why bother with a name?

Subaru pretty much gave up on the "cars that look different" approach over the last 2 years. I used to be able to pick them out of a crowd at 300 yards. Now a WRX or Forester looks like every other manufacturer's clone. It was inevitable, and understandable....but also a little bit of a shame.
    sigh, im pretty upset about mazda/subaru hatchbacks being the exact same body style myself.

But we still got the scoop!
    08 WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    sigh, im pretty upset about mazda/subaru hatchbacks being the exact same body style myself.

Good point!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

a functional scoop. dont forget that
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

I love the subtlety of the new scoop... I love the old body styles but if I wanted an older wrx I would have bought one... I like the way the wrx blends in now... Less attention from local pd and state boys and less little kids reving there fart pipes on me... And when they do it's just all that much better... I've never been a guy for flash I like my cars fast just not so fast and furious... The new wrx looks slick, love the scoop and head lights... The lines along the side from the hood are sharper yet flow so much better IMHO...

But besides looking sexy, one of the best things is that base horse power and tourque they come with..
    Last edited by Poohbear; 03-29-2009 at 06:17 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    But besides looking sexy, one of the best things is that base horse power and tourque they come with..
    No argument there! If times were a bit different, it's quite possible that I would be looking for a good price on an '09 WRX. Looks like a great platform. Well, other than blowing up engines and stuff.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    No argument there! If times were a bit different, it's quite possible that I would be looking for a good price on an '09 WRX. Looks like a great platform. Well, other than blowing up engines and stuff.
    ouch
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I think the motor issue got a bit over exagerated thanks to all re Internet comandos out there.... I'm still running strong no issues...

But hey I guess if you don't own am 09 you gotta find some excuse to cover up your jealousy.. :-p

I love all wrx's from 90's on up... And improvements will be made as time goes on with any vehicle, but you can't help at love the wrx's that started it all...

Besides Worst case scenario with a spun barring is I get a brand new motor and a rental car to beat on or a week or so... Sounds fine to me...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 03-29-2009 at 03:11 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Internet commandos as well as the EJ257's history.

Worst case scenario IMO would be that for some reason any issue isn't covered, which with subaru you're rolling the dice every time you walk through the door.