STOCK 09 wrx vs- - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on STOCK 09 wrx vs- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hmm really? well the obvios queston, what kinda horses is your car pushing?...

hmm really? well the obvios queston, what kinda horses is your car pushing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmm really? well the obvious queston, what kinda horses is your car pushing?

I Support ClubWRX
    Clydesdales?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Shetlands
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the kills. Those are all decent cars to have on a list.

13.3 is a good time for the 09. What was your trap speed?

Although anything is possible, I have a hard time seeing a 12.9 out of an 09 WRX though (as was mentioned above). The 5 speed helps to some extent, but this is mainly in the 0-60 mph time. In the quarter, given that the best times I've seen for an STi are 12.9 (any year) and once a supposed 12.8 that was never verified, I can't see an 09 WRX with same approximate weight and less horsepower and torque pulling the same time. Anyone seen a verified slip or witnessed this personally (no friend of a friend stories please)?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by liljon350 View Post
    no they shouldnt? the 09 wrx would run a marginally faster time than the G35, MS3, 08 WRX, and IS 350...The mustang gt should have a similar time in the 1/4 mile
    mustang gt is the slowest car in that group, what are u talking about?

all are low 14, high 13 cars. the 09 wrx is low 13.
    03 RRP RSX Type-S, Tein:Hood Damper, IPS:K2 Cams/Ti Retainers, Eibach:EVS, ES:MMi's, BuddyClub:SS Race Header, Greddy:SP2 Exhaust, Hondata:K-Pro, Injen:CAI, JDM:Shift Knob, Comptech:ShortShift Adapter, CompetitionClutch:Stage 2 Kit, ACT:Streetlite Flywheel, Rotora:F&R Slotted Rotors/SS Lines, Axxis:Ultimate Pads, Rota:C10's in Full Royal Sport Bronze (17"x7.5"), BFGoodrich:g-Force Sport (225/45ZR17), CRSX:Springs, Ingals:Camber Kit, RP:Coolant, M1EP:Oils...265whp/185wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    The '09 WRX is consistently in the low 13's stock? Where is that coming from..sounds a bit off.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The '09 WRX is consistently in the low 13's stock? Where is that coming from..sounds a bit off.
    Sounds kinda low to me too. Most info I have read puts them at very high 13s, but usually low 14s.

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a tendency to select the best recorded time for a given WRX (unusually good driver, optimal ambient conditions, tail wind, track goes downhill, moon's gravitational pull in the right direction, factory freak, etc..), and assign that as normal ET for the car. I guess I'm wondering if that's what's happening here.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    There's a tendency to select the best recorded time for a given WRX (unusually good driver, optimal ambient conditions, tail wind, track goes downhill, moon's gravitational pull in the right direction, factory freak, etc..), and assign that as normal ET for the car. I guess I'm wondering if that's what's happening here.
    I'd have to agree with you Ray. After posting my "12.9" slip in '04 for my 2004 STi, suddenly I saw "an STi can do 12.9" appearing in a lot of places, when at the time, I had seen only one other verified example.

Probably the same case here...I noticed I didn't see a response to my questions regarding the 12.9 run of the 09 WRX above.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Any one have some first hand experience with the 09 over the sti in a stock for stock category? I hear the 09 has a better 0-60 time but that would be about it..

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought they cured the STi gearing ratios where a 3 shift is needed for 0-60 run? Or was that just for the STi Limited version?

Either way, numbers with equal drivers should have the STi at least 3 tenths and 1.5-2 mph ahead of the WRX in the 1/4. Anyone want to donate an 09 WRX and STi to me for some benchmarking?....just a couple of "gentle" runs down the quarter and we can settle this. My bonifieds are below
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

That doesn't seem like much of a difference at all... I really assumed when I first got my 09 that there would be a bigger ga between the two....
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Smoked a 06ish Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-V6, might I add he had his girlfriend in the car at the time haha. Gutted mate!

We stop at the next lights and he puts down his window and tries to tell me his car has 275hp?? I said thats funny cos I was leaving you with 265hp, 2 more doors and 2 less cylinders!

good for you man