STOCK 09 wrx vs- - Page 13
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

This is a discussion on STOCK 09 wrx vs- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Doctor K You're like my woman, indecisive JK, thanks for the link to the RCE thread. Sounds ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K View Post
    You're like my woman, indecisive

JK, thanks for the link to the RCE thread. Sounds promising.

There seems to be a good handful of choices for coilovers and the prices vary from 1k to well over 2k. The ones in the lower range of 1k actually seem pretty reasonable to me. Any recommendations on specific brands?

My goal is to have a comfortable daily driver that is well equipped for spirited driving in the twisties and once in a while track and be able to withstand light off-road/snow conditions (understanding that I would also need the proper tires to get the most out of the setup).

Am I asking too much? Again, I can't, in good conscience, spend any money on this stuff right now so I'm just fielding information for the time being.

Thanks for any input, you've been helpful in entertaining horrible thoughts of spending money.
    Hah! I'm indecisive whereas my wife is very decisive. *sigh*

I have no real input for coils, really. You'd be best off asking on NASIOC, really. They'll offer a ton of opinions there. I'm pretty useless in that regard.
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
    Hah! I'm indecisive whereas my wife is very decisive. *sigh*

I have no real input for coils, really. You'd be best off asking on NASIOC, really. They'll offer a ton of opinions there. I'm pretty useless in that regard.
    Cool, I'll do some more research and probably sign up on NASIOC.
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K View Post
    Cool, I'll do some more research and probably sign up on NASIOC.
    Good man. You can never have enough resources to help you with this sort of stuff.
    2010 SSM STI

My only real race so far was with my buddies 2003 modded mustang gt (manual).

It has an intake, larger throttle body, high flow cats, aftermarket x pipe mated to the roush side exit pipes, and a different rear end gear.

My only mod at the time was a catback.

The first race we hit it from a dig. I easly pulled 2 cars on him. Second race, we did a 2nd gear roll and i pulled away with ease.

It was his first encounter with a new WRX and he was amazed at how fast a stock WRX is these days.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post
    My only real race so far was with my buddies 2003 modded mustang gt (manual).

It has an intake, larger throttle body, high flow cats, aftermarket x pipe mated to the roush side exit pipes, and a different rear end gear.

My only mod at the time was a catback.

The first race we hit it from a dig. I easly pulled 2 cars on him. Second race, we did a 2nd gear roll and i pulled away with ease.

It was his first encounter with a new WRX and he was amazed at how fast a stock WRX is these days.
    To what speed?

You realize that the 03 GT is not that strong a car to begin with, then the mods he has (maybe +15-20 hp total) don't necessarily lend the car to racing from a dig (no mention of tires).

You probably pulled hard on him to about 60... then you shut down... in that realm, you will probably not have many problems... just don't go any further... as you get faster, you get slower and he gets faster.... AWD is pretty dominate from a dig...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    To what speed?

You realize that the 03 GT is not that strong a car to begin with, then the mods he has (maybe +15-20 hp total) don't necessarily lend the car to racing from a dig (no mention of tires).

You probably pulled hard on him to about 60... then you shut down... in that realm, you will probably not have many problems... just don't go any further... as you get faster, you get slower and he gets faster.... AWD is pretty dominate from a dig...

we raced to about 90 and he never caught up.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

just want to subscribe to this, got a few friends with STis and Evos that we run from time to time. like to see what everyone else is doing
    Last edited by Sinister; 07-15-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Edited to remove profanity/sexual reference

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Import roller View Post
    just want to subscribe to this, got a few friends with STis and Evos that we run from time to time. like to see what everyone else is doing
    Shawn... Please refrain from obscene language... I edited your post.

Thanks!
    Kevin
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wow, you guys are strict on this forum. Just trying to lighten the mood a Little bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, you guys are strict on this forum. Just trying to lighten the mood a Little bit.
    It's no biggie... If you're in the off-topic section... most language is fair game.

A ton of our members access the site while at work... and if their filter pics up words like the one you mentioned.. then it'll black list our site and they won't be able to access it at work anymore. "Off topic" is fair game for obscenity and swear filter dodging as long as it doesn't become offensive.

Makes sense, right?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Gotcha, i went ahead and took care of your other requests as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotcha, i went ahead and took care of your other requests as well.
    thanks bro
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.